Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 Suggestion: copper, Nickle, etc.
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

192 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  21:50:53  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
I think there should be a nickel forum.
Right now, the forums that exist are skewed to wards copper.
Surprise suprise???
Thie name of this forum is real cent,
NOT Real nickel.
If there was a real nickel board, I might join it, but the concept of hoarding nickel is much less interesting.

Nevertheless, a top level category for nickels would be appreciated by some (me2) and it might even make things flow more easily or fluidly.

.....................................................................................................................

The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.
John Maynard Keynes,
English economist (1883 - 1946)

fiatboy
Administrator

912 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  17:36:59  Show Profile Send fiatboy a Private Message
Thanks for the feedback, me2. I'd join a nickel forum, too, but like you said,
quote:
the concept of hoarding nickel is much less interesting.

Although the primary focus of this site is copper pennies, nickel fits in nicely, and that's why we cover it. To be honest, though, I'd like to see more nickel discussion here. If nickel discussion does increase, then maybe there'll be some changes.

I especially enjoy reading posts about nickel from our Canadian members. I'm very jealous that they get to sort for .999 nickel. Also, the Sorting Percentages and Buying Reports thread is open to nickel searching, so don't hold back!

The layout and organization of this site is something that I take seriously, so again, thanks for the feedback.

"Bart, it's not about how many stocks you have, it's about how much copper wire you can get out of the building." --- Homer Simpson
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  19:12:27  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
When the price of nickel was peaking we had more discussions about nickels than pennies. I was starting to think I was the only one who was still interested in them around here. See my U.S. nickel poll. I have no problem in starting a new forum for them alone but I don't know if we would get enough threads to make it worth while. If we get enough threads on nickels we could always move them over to a nickels forum.

BTW, in my opinion, I still think that the U.S. nickel is one of the best place to put some of your extra Federal Reserve Notes if you want to put your money into metals, but also want to maintain the face value of your investment.

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

copperbullion
Penny Pincher Member

Australia
136 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  23:34:07  Show Profile Send copperbullion a Private Message
If Anyone needs help setting up their own forum.. I would be willing to help as long as it did not clash with this forum. My whole site is run on scrips that are available for free. I know how to set up the mysql databases and hosting your own site is very inexpensive these days... the few ebay ads that I run on my site covers 100% of my hosting costs. Just a thought.
Go to Top of Page

CoinHunter53562
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2008 :  13:35:43  Show Profile Send CoinHunter53562 a Private Message
I believe the original name of this site was copperhoarding.com so I can see why it is skewed towards pennies, but most people forget that nickels are 75% copper. So I like the idea of a nickel forum if one can be put together that is separate from the pennies. I think some of the nickel talk gets lost in the shuffle with the pennie threads.

My hobby: collecting real money 1 copper cent or nickel at a time.

Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2008 :  19:33:25  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by CoinHunter53562

I believe the original name of this site was copperhoarding.com so I can see why it is skewed towards pennies, but most people forget that nickels are 75% copper. So I like the idea of a nickel forum if one can be put together that is separate from the pennies. I think some of the nickel talk gets lost in the shuffle with the pennie threads.

As a nickelhead that was all I needed to take action.

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

CoinHunter53562
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  12:23:28  Show Profile Send CoinHunter53562 a Private Message
quote:
As a nickelhead that was all I needed to take action.

Lol it's all about who you know right? Just kidding...but we appreciate you setting this up. It will make it so much easier to find nickel talk for those who wish to do so.

My hobby: collecting real money 1 copper cent or nickel at a time.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2