Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Scrap Metal Salvage
 "Hardcore Pawn" new truTV series
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Klark Cent
Penny Sorter Member

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2010 :  23:39:06  Show Profile Send Klark Cent a Private Message
Here are some clips:

You must be logged in to see this link.

There are about 10 clips that play one after another automatically. The shop is in Detroit.

Edited by - Klark Cent on 08/20/2010 23:42:11

Neckro
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Saudi Arabia
2080 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2010 :  00:00:22  Show Profile  Send Neckro an AOL message  Click to see Neckro's MSN Messenger address  Send Neckro a Yahoo! Message Send Neckro a Private Message
Seen 2 episodes, seems interesting. The dude hasn't seemingly really upset me to the point of seeing yellowed me off as bad as Pawn Stars guy. Talking about a POS.

Trolling is an art.
Go to Top of Page

Flbandit
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2010 :  08:26:19  Show Profile Send Flbandit a Private Message
What hacked you off about the Pawn Stars guy Neckro?

Are you throwing that out?
Go to Top of Page

Kiwiman
Penny Pincher Member

225 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2010 :  09:56:11  Show Profile Send Kiwiman a Private Message
Pawn stars? really? Imagine this: you're family and grandparents are over eating dinner and you come in and say "Hey mom is it ok if I can go watch some Pawn Stars in the living room?" I could see how that could easily be misinterpreted, I'm sure they used the title on purpose to grab peoples attention, they could have used plenty of other things.

Edited by - Kiwiman on 08/21/2010 12:22:40
Go to Top of Page

Kiwiman
Penny Pincher Member

225 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2010 :  09:56:44  Show Profile Send Kiwiman a Private Message
Wait a minute, hardcore pawn? is it just me?
Go to Top of Page

Beau
Penny Pincher Member

216 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2010 :  10:44:51  Show Profile Send Beau a Private Message
I`am glad you posted this now I don`t have to watch it.
I have seen enough.
Go to Top of Page

GA-Silver
Penny Pincher Member

USA
238 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2010 :  12:31:40  Show Profile Send GA-Silver a Private Message
They look like the Dog the Bounty Hunter of pawn shops.
Go to Top of Page

coinwolf
Penny Collector Member

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2010 :  15:52:39  Show Profile Send coinwolf a Private Message
looks kind of put on to me.
Go to Top of Page

wayne1956
Penny Pincher Member

177 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2010 :  16:53:18  Show Profile Send wayne1956 a Private Message
Whoever is putting this on knew that Pawn Stars was a big hit, so they are just trying to get some of the action. Looked at a couple of clips, was not impressed. Will not watch.
Go to Top of Page

cesario
Penny Pincher Member

129 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2010 :  18:27:21  Show Profile Send cesario a Private Message
Episode 2 is on Youtube. Kinda like it, but then again, Pawn Stars is much better to rage to with the scripted transactions and overt product placement.

Go to Top of Page

TheJonasCollegeFund
Penny Collector Member

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2010 :  23:05:47  Show Profile Send TheJonasCollegeFund a Private Message
I like Pawn Stars better. I always try to predict how "LOW" a price they'll offer to rip off the Vegas gamblers. Each show I was getting better and better. At least it's a fun way to learn about history. Some of this stuff you can't find in books!

MD Totals: Started Aug16th.(Updated Sept10th) 819 clad/cu coins/$41.13
Quarters-78
Dimes-122+1 silver roosie (1957)
Nickels-81 (56d,53d)
Copper Pennies-147
Zinc Pennies-386
Wheats-5 (36,36,46,46d,50d)
Go to Top of Page

wayne1956
Penny Pincher Member

177 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2010 :  08:41:52  Show Profile Send wayne1956 a Private Message
I like watching new episodes of pawn stars just to see what is brought in (like the mortar which shoots out bowling balls). What is amazing is when a person is told something is worth $20,000, yet they take 8k. They could put it in an auction house and get over double what they got at the pawn shop. It is amazing how niave some folks are.
Go to Top of Page

Klark Cent
Penny Sorter Member

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2010 :  13:31:29  Show Profile Send Klark Cent a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by wayne1956

I like watching new episodes of pawn stars just to see what is brought in (like the mortar which shoots out bowling balls). What is amazing is when a person is told something is worth $20,000, yet they take 8k. They could put it in an auction house and get over double what they got at the pawn shop. It is amazing how niave some folks are.

Also, I think an item that makes it onto the show would gain value just from that, so people might be better off not accepting Rick's offers.

Edited by - Klark Cent on 08/22/2010 22:17:27
Go to Top of Page

Corsair
Penny Hoarding Member

811 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2010 :  22:38:00  Show Profile  Send Corsair a Yahoo! Message Send Corsair a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Klark Cent

quote:
Originally posted by wayne1956

Also, I think an item that makes it onto the show would gain value just from that, so people might be better off not accepting Rick's offers.

You're right, but you have to think about all the items that don't make it on the show. I love Pawn Stars. But 80% to 90% of the things brought in, Rick buys. That's TV editing right there.

Also, why do we never get to see anything sold? The only thing I remember is a clock that the couple actually ended up not buying. I think it would be interesting to see that negotiation process, along with the story behind how it was brought in.

So long, Realcent 1. Come visit us at Realcent.org!
Go to Top of Page

cesario
Penny Pincher Member

129 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2010 :  05:43:27  Show Profile Send cesario a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Corsair

Also, why do we never get to see anything sold? The only thing I remember is a clock that the couple actually ended up not buying. I think it would be interesting to see that negotiation process, along with the story behind how it was brought in.

Season 1, Episode 2: Corey sells a Rolex in order to win a bet against the Old Man.

And one other episode where Rick sells cufflinks to some rich ****.

Go to Top of Page

cesario
Penny Pincher Member

129 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2010 :  05:44:25  Show Profile Send cesario a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Corsair

Season 1, Episode 2: Corey sells a Rolex in order to win a bet against the Old Man.

And one other episode where Rick sells cufflinks to some rich ****.

Go to Top of Page

Klark Cent
Penny Sorter Member

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2010 :  18:55:49  Show Profile Send Klark Cent a Private Message
I like the owner's son (Seth), but I hate the owner's daughter (Ashley). Maybe they are just editing it to make her look like a jerk, but I don't think so.
Go to Top of Page

silverbuyer

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  20:04:59  Show Profile Send silverbuyer a Private Message
I've seen a couple eps of hardcore pawn and it's okay, but Pawn Stars is my favorite. Hardcore pawn seems more rehearsed.
Go to Top of Page

junior30king

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  21:44:07  Show Profile Send junior30king a Private Message
Just because someone COULD get $20,000 in an auction does not mean that they WILL. You also have to realize that there is a commission to be paid and the next auction could be 6 months down the road. That same item could easily sell for only $3,000 and that would make the $8,000 cash offer today seem pretty good. Future speculation does not pay the bills.
Go to Top of Page

Neckro
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Saudi Arabia
2080 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  22:00:13  Show Profile  Send Neckro an AOL message  Click to see Neckro's MSN Messenger address  Send Neckro a Yahoo! Message Send Neckro a Private Message
I rather risk the low auction price rather than get shafted by a professional con man.

Trolling is an art.
Go to Top of Page

cesario
Penny Pincher Member

129 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2010 :  15:03:57  Show Profile Send cesario a Private Message
This account seems to have all of the episodes, in a very bad format. Use "Hardcore Pawn" in the search box on his channel.

Also, did anyone see the latest episode?

My mind is full of **** trying to figure out what transpired and why Les even bent over for this guy.

And a warning to you gun lovers: One of the episodes will make you rage in anger. HARD.

Edited by - cesario on 09/05/2010 15:07:37
Go to Top of Page

Neckro
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Saudi Arabia
2080 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2010 :  15:20:29  Show Profile  Send Neckro an AOL message  Click to see Neckro's MSN Messenger address  Send Neckro a Yahoo! Message Send Neckro a Private Message
Douche bag offers 50, then renigs to 15. That dude is a pos, his word is worthless.

Trolling is an art.
Go to Top of Page

socaldsal

7 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  00:24:34  Show Profile Send socaldsal a Private Message
Watching Pawn Stars I can see interesting things and learn something, I really like watching the old Americana come in. Watching Hardcore Pawn leaves me feeling like I did after spending part of a night at a strip club in the ghetto. $15 mass produced Superbowl football vs. $4k antique rifle....There's no comparison.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2