Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Scrap Metal Salvage
 Buying appliances
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rambo_k9
Penny Pincher Member

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  11:30:23  Show Profile Send rambo_k9 a Private Message
Anyone here buy any used appliances that are dirt cheap and then take apart for scrap? Saw a Dryer for $25 and an electric stove for $25. After travel are items like this worth spending a little money on to make more? Lots of people are taking junk and trash but to buy dirt cheap is it worth it in the turn around.

Looking for a great summer read?? Stop by www.glennrambo.com You think the US/Mexican border is bad now??

simplicitycounts
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
535 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  12:21:05  Show Profile Send simplicitycounts a Private Message
Only thing I buy to sell for scrap is yellow brass items at garage sales and thrift stores. I carry a small kitchen scale with me and if there is a profit to be made I take it. In my area you wouldn't get but $2-$5 for the peices of a dryer or stove completely separated. So if you paid $25.00 you would be out your time, your gas, and would take a $23.00 loss in the cash investment. Not worth it at all in my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

cptindy
Penny Hoarding Member

572 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  12:30:01  Show Profile Send cptindy a Private Message
IMHO there are opportunities to make some money, although I would not pay $25. There are plenty available for free. I have in the past on multiple occasions paid $50 for a operational set and flipped it for a hundy plus!

In fact, I once was hooked up with a major supply and was selling them for $75 each like hotcakes! You can get $75 easy for a clean operational washer or dryer. $75 to $100 on a stove up to $150 or more depending on age and quality but Im speaking basic/functional. A fridge is $100 minimum any size!

The timers and motors sell on ebay.

If you get it for free its worth it!

Most washers have a simple $5 part that goes bad from overloading.(right where the trans mounts) Its easy to repair and can be taken from other units if you have a regular supply!

"It is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting"

" The average man doesn't want to be free. He wants to be safe."

H.L. Mencken

http://silver-news-today.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2