Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 burglarized - 50+ boxes of pennies, nickels
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  10:07:28  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
Moved half my stash to a more secure location this morning, will complete the task tomorrow. Thanks for the warning, gollum, and hope there is some chance of you recovering your loss.

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

daviscfad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1664 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  10:32:31  Show Profile Send daviscfad a Private Message
man sorry to hear about that

Inquiring minds want to know
Go to Top of Page

Roadrunner
Penny Collector Member

USA
413 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  13:52:19  Show Profile Send Roadrunner a Private Message
That's terrible man! As others have said, I don't think it's a druggy or lowdown guy who just up and decided to break in or anything. It almost had to have been several guys with (possibly) some equipment who planned this out. Sorry this happened to you but it's a reminder to all of us to be safe and secure. I'll join PennyPauper in praying for you and hope you recover your investment.
Go to Top of Page

specialbob
Penny Sorter Member

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  17:32:28  Show Profile Send specialbob a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by wolvesdad

quote:
Originally posted by specialbob

Sorry to hear that this happened. My recommendation for a security system is a dog, with a big bark and a bigger bite. Dobermans have always been a fave in my family. They are loyal, love kids and will attack coin stealers.

How'd u train them to attack coin stealers? :)

The last part was a joke.
Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2010 :  09:01:38  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
I'm sure they will attack all stealers, including ones that keep getting charged with rape(for you PA people!)

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

gollum40
Penny Sorter Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  09:48:23  Show Profile Send gollum40 a Private Message
Hi everyone! Wanted to update all of you on this thread about what happened...short answer: I got my stuff back believe it or not!

First of all, thank you very much for all the support and advice many of you gave me on this thread and privately. I really appreciate it and all of you! This board and the people on it are the best. As you might guess, I kind of went into hiding for several weeks after this incident, depressed and discouraged. But I'm back and sorting again in a big way!

Ok, here's what happened (trying to make a long story short): first of all, the police were completely 100% useless. I filed that police report and never got a call back from anyone. I even called the cop back directly who I filed with and he said 'if the prosecutor thinks it's worth it they'll call you.' I then interviewed a bunch of my neighbors and actually got a tip from one of them that helped me solve the case. Basically it ended up being two pathetic teenagers from the area who did this opportunistically. This was actually a relief b/c it meant no one had been stalking me, following me from banks, involved in drugs, etc. I knew the family they were from and confronted them. In the end, the two families came over to my house, apologized profusely, thanked me for not pressing charges, and gave me all my nickels and pennies back! They had only cracked open $500 worth out of about $3000 total, so one of the parents even gave me $500 in cash!

It was most definitely a happy ending.

Oh yeah, I also fixed the lock on that door that got me in trouble in the first place, spread the boxes throughout multiple locations, and took some other precautions now that I should have taken in the first place.

Thanks again to everyone for your support!

Now selling Zinc pennies 1.0000 X FV :)
Go to Top of Page

cu baker

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  10:36:41  Show Profile Send cu baker a Private Message
Back in 1982 while I was living Fort Worth Texas, I had about $2500 face value of silver stolen from my house. Much of which I had saved from my metal detecting efforts since the early 70s. I really know the feeling.
Go to Top of Page

rosco
Penny Collector Member

USA
254 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2010 :  00:52:34  Show Profile Send rosco a Private Message
That is good NEWS
We all need to stay In good relations with our neighbors not I collect silver or cents just keep
Our eyes open

Old Geezer a HAND Sorter
Go to Top of Page

PreservingThePast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1572 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2010 :  09:47:24  Show Profile Send PreservingThePast a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by gollum40

Hi everyone! Wanted to update all of you on this thread about what happened...short answer: I got my stuff back believe it or not!

First of all, thank you very much for all the support and advice many of you gave me on this thread and privately. I really appreciate it and all of you! This board and the people on it are the best. As you might guess, I kind of went into hiding for several weeks after this incident, depressed and discouraged. But I'm back and sorting again in a big way!

Ok, here's what happened (trying to make a long story short): first of all, the police were completely 100% useless. I filed that police report and never got a call back from anyone. I even called the cop back directly who I filed with and he said 'if the prosecutor thinks it's worth it they'll call you.' I then interviewed a bunch of my neighbors and actually got a tip from one of them that helped me solve the case. Basically it ended up being two pathetic teenagers from the area who did this opportunistically. This was actually a relief b/c it meant no one had been stalking me, following me from banks, involved in drugs, etc. I knew the family they were from and confronted them. In the end, the two families came over to my house, apologized profusely, thanked me for not pressing charges, and gave me all my nickels and pennies back! They had only cracked open $500 worth out of about $3000 total, so one of the parents even gave me $500 in cash!

It was most definitely a happy ending.

Oh yeah, I also fixed the lock on that door that got me in trouble in the first place, spread the boxes throughout multiple locations, and took some other precautions now that I should have taken in the first place.

Thanks again to everyone for your support!

Wonderful news, for sure! So glad you reported back to us!!!

Enjoy your coin searches, everyone.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2