Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 2010 Quarters?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Roadrunner
Penny Collector Member

USA
413 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2010 :  12:38:16  Show Profile Send Roadrunner a Private Message
So maybe this subject has already come up, but I haven't seen it. I know everyone's talking about 2010 nickels, dimes, and pennies. What about quarters? Hasn't there been more mintage on those than everything else? Anyone keeping them?

Any thoughts or comments appreciated?

PreservingThePast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1572 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  11:36:11  Show Profile Send PreservingThePast a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Roadrunner

So maybe this subject has already come up, but I haven't seen it. I know everyone's talking about 2010 nickels, dimes, and pennies. What about quarters? Hasn't there been more mintage on those than everything else? Anyone keeping them?

Any thoughts or comments appreciated?

You've got to see them to be able to keep any. I've only had a glance at some at a flea market dealer I frequent. However, I prefer getting my coins at face value whenever I can and I have yet to come across any of the first 2010 quarter that has been released. None of the banks I frequent have been able to get any. They attempt to order them, and the order isn't filled...I think this is through Brinks who supplies their coins. At least, this is what I am being told every time I am in a branch and ask about the new quarter.

I loved the older version featured once again on the obverse of this new quarter; however, I was truly disappointed in the reverse as I thought it was too simple after some of the gorgeous detailed designs featured on the state quarters.
Go to Top of Page

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  21:25:47  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
Haven't seen any in Phila suburbs. Still trying to find a source bank for rolls.
Everyone here is saying they're not ordering them.
So if anyone can name a bank that IS ordering them.....

Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  06:00:55  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
A buddy of mine had a Hot Springs quarter yesterday.

Deal

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

Roadrunner
Penny Collector Member

USA
413 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  09:59:26  Show Profile Send Roadrunner a Private Message
I found a Hot Springs 1 or 2 weeks ago, I thought they were super common because no one here was talking about them. The Hot Springs was in a CWR. No places have new stuff and they won't order.
Go to Top of Page

PennyPauper
Penny Collector Member

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  11:43:39  Show Profile Send PennyPauper a Private Message
Anyone have insight into why banks can't order these quarters like they were able to do with the state quarter program?
Tellers have told me there was a way to order them before but nothing on the order sheets they have now.

Available again! $100 of Copper Lincoln Memorials for $145 shipped.
Go to Top of Page

highroller4321
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2648 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  12:08:57  Show Profile Send highroller4321 a Private Message
They are a very low mintage quarter compared to recent years, but I think everyone is keeping them so I doubt they will be worth a ton of money.

Copper Penny Investing
www.portlandmint.com
Go to Top of Page

Dave
Penny Pincher Member

156 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  04:57:53  Show Profile Send Dave a Private Message
I have read that the banks can not order the Hot Spring quarters, but they were not sure about the other quarters coming out. It all comes down to the Mint wanting you to buy them from the Mint.
Go to Top of Page

highroller4321
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2648 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  12:40:50  Show Profile Send highroller4321 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave

I have read that the banks can not order the Hot Spring quarters, but they were not sure about the other quarters coming out. It all comes down to the Mint wanting you to buy them from the Mint.

None, of the new quarters will be able to be ordered by tha banks. The quarters are no longer considered "commerative" coin so only the areas that need the quarters will get the new quarters.

Copper Penny Investing
www.portlandmint.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2