Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 3/$50 Bags 75% Cleaned
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

smartinson
Penny Collector Member

USA
287 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  10:43:31  Show Profile Send smartinson a Private Message
Someone must have dumped their copper hoard! Decided to stop by a bank I had never been to and was told they had 3 $50. bags I could buy. Excited that I found another place to pick up bags. While carrying them out, I noticed that they looked very different, lots of different shades of copper. I started sorting the first bag and they were VERY DIFFERENT. We get alot of dirty cents here in my area so was amazed that these were cleaner. Real clean, they had been cleaned. All three bags are the same. I would say that 75-85% of the bags are cleaned copper. Not sure if that is good or bad but copper is copper. I have sorted only one bag so far. Looks like maybe someone decided to experiment with different techniques of cleaning. I would say the CU % on there bags were excellent!

One good thing was I found another pick up bank!

dakota1955
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2212 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  10:49:40  Show Profile  Send dakota1955 a Yahoo! Message Send dakota1955 a Private Message
copper is copper so that is a great find
Go to Top of Page

PreservingThePast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1572 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  12:23:07  Show Profile Send PreservingThePast a Private Message
That is a great percentage.

Good news that you now have another source for bags of pennies. Wish I could get bags here in Central Florida but every place we ask they only say boxes or normally just a few rolls.

Enjoy your coin searches, everyone.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2