Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 What Level Hoarder R U ~~2010 Edition~~
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

NoCents
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  13:46:25  Show Profile Send NoCents a Private Message
Poll Question:
As per brother HCBTT's 07 thread......
Mega Hoarder - $250 fv or more per week sorted
Super Hoarder - $100 - 250
Serious Hoarder - $50 - 100
Regular Hoarder - $20 - 50
Light Hoarder - $10 - 20 week
Casual Hoarder - Less than $10 week
Observer - I don't hoard any copper I just come here to read about what others are doing.

I believe most are at a much higher sort level and wanted to know if you've fallen or jacked it up. So, I'm upping the standards.

HCBTT Hoarder - You don't want to know
Mega Hoarder - $1000 FV or more per week
Super Hoarder - $500 - 1000
Serious Hoarder - $250 - 500
Regular Hoarder - $100 - 250
Light Hoarder - $50 - 100 week
Casual Hoarder - Less than $50 week
Observer - I don't hoard any copper I just come here to read about what others are doing.

Choices:

HCBTT Hoarder - You don''t want to know
Mega Hoarder - $1000 FV or more per week
Super Hoarder - $500 - 1000
Serious Hoarder - $250 - 500
Regular Hoarder - $100 - 250
Light Hoarder - $50 - 100 week
Casual Hoarder - Less than $50 week
Observer - I don''t hoard any copper I just come here to read about what others are doing.

What's in it for the dude?

oktyabyr
Penny Sorter Member

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  15:14:26  Show Profile Send oktyabyr a Private Message
Casual Hoarder. New wife not happy with it yet, but bringing her around. Hopefully anyways. lol
Go to Top of Page

Sykesvillecoin

9 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  15:22:25  Show Profile Send Sykesvillecoin a Private Message
casual hoarder, don't have the time to sort through more than 2-4 boxes per week

want more copper pennies? I am selling them for $1.25 per roll plus $2 shipping for the first roll and 50 cents shipping for each roll thereafter
Go to Top of Page

Zyll
Penny Pincher Member

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  15:34:28  Show Profile Send Zyll a Private Message
I do find my mind is a Mega Hoarder, but my hands are a Casual Hoarder. I'm often way too tired after the kids are in bed to, in their words, "play with my pennies".
Go to Top of Page

styropyro
Penny Sorter Member

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  15:48:56  Show Profile Send styropyro a Private Message
I usually do $50 a week, but I haven't sorted for 2 weeks because I ran my local banks dry...I'm gonna have to drive into a town of a population of more than 500 and see if I can get more pennies without an account.
Go to Top of Page

wiper
Penny Sorter Member

36 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  16:23:22  Show Profile Send wiper a Private Message
i voted 'light hoarder', but probably only do a box or two a week. i'd definitely do 4/week, but i still haven't gotten past the nerves in asking. it's weird still, makes me feel like i'm doing something wrong.

i belong to a credit union, and the main branch has been awesome so far. i'm small time, only 'dumped' $18 one time just to force myself to do it to get over the nerves. 3 times i've asked for a box, twice i got one and once they were out.

just called them up today and had them call the branch nearest my house and ask if i could have a box. they said sure. so i went, walked up to the teller and said i called earlier and she broke me off 'oh, so you're the penny guy' kinda joking. however, the manager standing to the side instantly started checking me out.

she off-handedly asked why i needed them, and he walked over to hear my answer. why the hell i didn't just say, 'yeah my wife's out tonight and i wanted to sort through them' i dunno, but it came out as 'yeah, my brother and i just bet each other on who could stack the most pennies in a tower...'

uhhh, yeah.

to top it off, on the way out the manager was still looking at me and i shrugged and said, 'yeah we bet on anything', and he replied, 'yeah, sounds like fun' sarcastic as all hell and looking at me like, 'yeah right buddy'.

so i think i just screwed up that branch as a part-time box or two pick up. because now, how can i go in there and say, 'yeah, last time i lied, i just like sorting them i promise i won't dump the zincs here'?

baah. i started off just going through the $200 or so i had, then when those were done i traded zincs for my dad's entire unsearched collection (another $200 or so), and then my brother's $100 for my leftover zincs.

now that i have to go into a bank and ask, i'm slowing down.

suggestions?

sorry for the slight diversion.

Edited by - wiper on 05/04/2010 16:26:51
Go to Top of Page

fasteddy
Penny Collector Member

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  16:39:11  Show Profile Send fasteddy a Private Message
wiper, you are responsible for the smile on my face....now get over your shyness and go in and ask for ten boxes of cents and remember your dolly cuz them boxes get heavy. You may want to turn the charm up abit and politely ask if they will order you ten boxes.;-)
Go to Top of Page

NoCents
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  16:45:47  Show Profile Send NoCents a Private Message
You got to lie better than that wiper.

I like to use the ole "It's for my grandfather" route.
The "he like to search for some penny he lost when he was a kid" thing works perfect.

Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  16:47:35  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
I return $500 in zincs a week, that means I need to sort about $625 Just started searching halves cuz I'm getting to the point I don't need any more copper.

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

battlecat
Penny Pincher Member

152 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  18:37:14  Show Profile Send battlecat a Private Message
Im a light weight for right now, I will update when I move up the ladder. My bank asked me why I wanted them and I said I collect wheats for when I have kids. I got lucky and the teller told me that she likes to collect them too.
Go to Top of Page

wiper
Penny Sorter Member

36 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  18:42:17  Show Profile Send wiper a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by fasteddy

wiper, you are responsible for the smile on my face....now get over your shyness and go in and ask for ten boxes of cents and remember your dolly cuz them boxes get heavy. You may want to turn the charm up abit and politely ask if they will order you ten boxes.;-)

quote:
Originally posted by NoCents

The "he like to search for some penny he lost when he was a kid" thing works perfect.

i know, i know..

that said, yesterday's box from the main branch and today's from nearby are chock-full of wheaties and '09/'10's...15 or so wheaties, more than a roll of '10s and approaching 40 or so of '09s. add 25% copper and i'll get over my fear/shyness/nervousness pretty quick.
Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  19:55:58  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by wiper

quote:
Originally posted by fasteddy

quote:
Originally posted by NoCents

i know, i know..

that said, yesterday's box from the main branch and today's from nearby are chock-full of wheaties and '09/'10's...15 or so wheaties, more than a roll of '10s and approaching 40 or so of '09s. add 25% copper and i'll get over my fear/shyness/nervousness pretty quick.

for a moment I thought you were talking about 1909's and 1910's... gasp

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

johnsonjohn2441
Penny Pincher Member

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  21:34:20  Show Profile Send johnsonjohn2441 a Private Message
i voted as a serious hoarder
Go to Top of Page

wheeler_dealer
Penny Collector Member

USA
402 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  22:11:00  Show Profile  Send wheeler_dealer a Yahoo! Message Send wheeler_dealer a Private Message
Beauanderos did I read correctly you dont need any more copper? SHH you say that too loud and you might get booed off here(he he). Running out of room with all those nickels. Halves are more fun anyways when you are finding them.
wiper, welcome to the forum, always hard to overcome a "little white lie". go back to the branch and ask for more and when you do if they ask tell them that you found some old pennies and wheat pennies when you were building your "TOWER" and it picqued your interest enough to want to sort through some more pennies to see what else you might find.
Doesn't matter what they think or say behind your back as they are there to serve you and their opinion wont matter anyway. Good luck and keep sorting.
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  22:29:35  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
great story wiper! Hey, some penny towers have over a ton of pennies in them.. you need more.

Now that you are known as "the penny guy" it is ok to ask for multiple boxes.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

jonflyfish
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  22:32:55  Show Profile  Send jonflyfish a Yahoo! Message Send jonflyfish a Private Message
I've slowed to a super hoarder. Not sure how many tons is enough but something tells me that with multiple tons I'm getting close. Nickel boxes are my new vice.

The first panacea for a mismanaged nation is inflation of the currency; second is war. Both bring a temporary (and false) prosperity; both bring a permanent ruin. But both are the refuge of political and economic opportunities.
Go to Top of Page

gollum40
Penny Sorter Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  23:47:13  Show Profile Send gollum40 a Private Message
Dumb question: do these poll amounts refer to the amount of raw coin searched through? Or the net amount of FV copper retained?

Now selling Zinc pennies 1.0000 X FV :)
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  00:11:13  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Raw coins. At the higher level zinc disposal becomes a real challenge.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Go to Top of Page

goodcoin
Penny Sorter Member

42 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  00:43:51  Show Profile Send goodcoin a Private Message
I’m a casual collector but really more of an observer. Maybe someday I will become a regular or serious collector. I’m living in Shanghai so there is no way I can collect copper cents. I will be traveling to the States in another week and plan to purchase some coins to sort thru. Ordered myself a scale to help with my sorting. I’m so looking forward to my two weeks of sorting. I get my niece and nephew involved which makes it Lots of fun. My wife even likes the idea of me sorting. I’m so lucky.
Go to Top of Page

NoCents
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  00:56:29  Show Profile Send NoCents a Private Message
I see Hoard got his vote in.

Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  01:42:26  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message

Go to Top of Page

goodcoin
Penny Sorter Member

42 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  06:51:40  Show Profile Send goodcoin a Private Message
HCBTT? “You don’t want to know.” It must be nice to have a full time job hoarding cents. I won’t ask.
Go to Top of Page

motos
Penny Sorter Member

41 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  08:47:17  Show Profile Send motos a Private Message
casual hoarder here. try to do a box a week but half dollars are my primary : D
Go to Top of Page

fasteddy
Penny Collector Member

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  09:24:12  Show Profile Send fasteddy a Private Message
not sure how to vote...I still pickup boxes of cents but hadn't sorted any in a couple of months...wiper my white lie was...."its for my childs science fair project" which wasn't to far off except he actually did a quantity of color camparison between skittles and
m & m's...and yes we did....after the fair we ate them
Maybe wiper can start a thread...."your first excuse to pick up a box"
Could be real...

ok since I still get 4-8 boxes of cents a week do I check regular hoarder....or do I check mega hoarder because of the 6 boxes of halves I pick up a week.
Go to Top of Page

gollum40
Penny Sorter Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  09:33:52  Show Profile Send gollum40 a Private Message
Regular hoarder...for now that is! I see some Serious Hoarding in my near future...

Now selling Zinc pennies 1.0000 X FV :)
Go to Top of Page

Kurr
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2906 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  09:34:18  Show Profile Send Kurr a Private Message
I bounce between serious and super when I run.

Like Fasteddy, i hadn't sorted in a month or so, and picked up 250.00 yesterday just to get warmed up again. I'll probably dump tailings and do another 200 or so today, if drive by's work out. And I have a box of halves to pick up from order today.

The silver [is] mine, and the gold [is] mine, saith the LORD of hosts. Hag 2:8 [/b]
He created it. He controls it. He gave it to us for His use. Why did we turn from sound scriptural currency that PROTECTS us?

KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The book of The Hundreds: http://www.land.netonecom.net/tlp/ref/boh/bookOfTheHundreds_v4.1.pdf
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE_TWO_REPUBLICS.pdf
Good reading: http://ecclesia.org/truth/government.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2