Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Scrap Metal Salvage
 Copper pipes for scrap
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

theedudenator

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  22:40:38  Show Profile Send theedudenator a Private Message
I recently ripped most of the copper piping from my basement and replaced with pex.

I have 8-10foot sections of copper pipe with no fittings.
I have a box of various soldered fittings
a box of "brass" valves.

I see there are grades of copper at the scrap yard - I go there to buy, never turned anything in yet.

What should I expect, so I don't get ripped off.

Robarons
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  23:18:30  Show Profile Send Robarons a Private Message
A good rule of thumbs is the the condition of the copper pipe. Clean copper pip with no solder or severe impurities should catch #1 prices, the best price for copper. Dirty,corroded soldered pipe would get #2 prices. some scrap yards the price between #1 and #2 can be minor to a huge different, so call around.

Brass is usally just lumped into one category (where I live anyways) steel valves, solder, etc. do not effect prices for brass. Some places may offer more for red brass Vs. Yellow brass so check that out.

I recently got $1.67 per pound for brass. I havent turned in any copper lately. Check out the 'What Did you Scrap this week?' thread- its a good read.

i am sure other members can tune in.

Robber Baron= Robarons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2