Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Copper Box Finds!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Copper Catcher
Administrator

USA
2092 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  16:20:23  Show Profile Send Copper Catcher a Private Message
Today I got $100 in pennies i.e. four $25 Brinks boxes. When I opened them I noticed the plastic wrappers looked old and they were in fact brittle and popped open extremely easily.

When I first start dumping them in the bucket I quickly saw what appeared to be 99% all copper. I've already run one box and out of $25 approximately $23 was 95% copper.

I quickly opened the other three boxes and saw the same type of rolls. I called the bank and reserved the other pennies they got in.

I realize money is not rotated, but his seems odd especially since there were some new coins in the mix. I can understand a few rolls but close to $100 worth, I wonder how this happened? Has this happened recently to anyone else?

NDFARMER
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1197 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  16:26:58  Show Profile Send NDFARMER a Private Message
Was there more wheats than usual in those rolls also?

COPPER - the "poormans" precious metal!!!

SELLING - $100.00 face copper shipped to you for $189.00 machine rolled or bagged - PM me if your interested.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Catcher
Administrator

USA
2092 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  17:09:06  Show Profile Send Copper Catcher a Private Message
A few more that usual in the first box. So far so good!
Go to Top of Page

Market Harmony
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1274 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  17:25:34  Show Profile Send Market Harmony a Private Message
This happened to me a little over a year ago. But my circumstances were a little different. I got a really odd mix... I think my total buy was $300 and the boxes that I got were either 95% zincs or 95% coppers. This was from a Brinks bank. The rolls were new plastic wrap.

goto the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2