Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 i need help in first machine to buy!!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

johnsonjohn2441
Penny Pincher Member

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  08:33:56  Show Profile Send johnsonjohn2441 a Private Message
can someone please direct me in a direction as to where and how much to spend in getting my first machine for the copper pennies.
thanks,
josh
new to site and new to hoarding. wow its nice huh.

Kurr
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2906 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  08:36:21  Show Profile Send Kurr a Private Message
Welcome to the board. I have a Ryedale Coin Artist and LOVE it.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Tell us about your self, how did you come to find us?

Welcome again

The silver [is] mine, and the gold [is] mine, saith the LORD of hosts. Hag 2:8 [/b]
He created it. He controls it. He gave it to us for His use. Why did we turn from sound scriptural currency that PROTECTS us?

KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The book of The Hundreds: http://www.land.netonecom.net/tlp/ref/boh/bookOfTheHundreds_v4.1.pdf
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE_TWO_REPUBLICS.pdf
Good reading: http://ecclesia.org/truth/government.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears

Go to Top of Page

johnsonjohn2441
Penny Pincher Member

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  08:37:57  Show Profile Send johnsonjohn2441 a Private Message
my girl's step-dad does it and is the man. he has a machine, ryedale i think. i would like to spend like 200 or so.
i love sorting.
Go to Top of Page

johnsonjohn2441
Penny Pincher Member

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  08:39:57  Show Profile Send johnsonjohn2441 a Private Message
coin artist is not available either, just the 500 dollar one.
guess keep saving!
Go to Top of Page

johnsonjohn2441
Penny Pincher Member

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  09:13:55  Show Profile Send johnsonjohn2441 a Private Message
i am in wisconsin and very new to this. i have just recently purchased my 4th box! i have 3 small kids and we all sort together. they have just as much fun as i do. i maybe have 40 pounds or so of sorted copper, plus a little zip-lok bag of wheaties, thats what i like to call them. i would love all the help i can get on here so anyone feel free to shoot me some tips.
thanks so much from cheeseland
josh
Go to Top of Page

dakota1955
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2212 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  10:43:58  Show Profile  Send dakota1955 a Yahoo! Message Send dakota1955 a Private Message
I might be worth more right now to sort with the kids and enjoy that before getting ryedale.
Go to Top of Page

slickeast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2533 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  11:41:26  Show Profile Send slickeast a Private Message
Ryedales are hard to find used for under 350.00. They are well worth the money. Some of us are using 2,3, or 4 at a time.

You are at the right place if you want to know about sorting out copper pennies. The range of sorters on here range from the small hand sorter doing a few rolls a week to the commercial sorters capable of several tons a day.

You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be.......SLICK

Edited by - slickeast on 04/17/2010 11:43:53
Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  22:02:01  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
Take the 200, buy boxes/bags. Sort by hand pull the wheats out, sell at $.04 for quick sale. Should get about 80 of them or so. Should get $40 or so in CU. Take $160 back to bank get boxes/bags. repeat. If you're serious you should be able to sort 2 boxes a day easily. In about 2 weeks time you should have all CU. $200 in CU will get you $275 all day here especially if you throw in the wheats. Do that again and you have $550 in about a month or so excluding shipping times. Very easily to see you could be sorting with a brand new Ryedale by June 1 but that's only if you really to.

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

PreservingThePast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1572 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  13:50:32  Show Profile Send PreservingThePast a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by johnsonjohn2441

i am in wisconsin and very new to this. i have just recently purchased my 4th box! i have 3 small kids and we all sort together. they have just as much fun as i do. i maybe have 40 pounds or so of sorted copper, plus a little zip-lok bag of wheaties, thats what i like to call them. i would love all the help i can get on here so anyone feel free to shoot me some tips.
thanks so much from cheeseland
josh

Johnsonjohn2441...welcome. Machine sorting is fine, if that is what you want to do and I thought there was a small hand fed version that would be around $100.00 or a little more. I have seen that one in operation and your kids would probably enjoy that one if it is still available. BUT, what you have going with your kids helping you with this hobby and spending quality family time together--you've got the best possible set-up right now, IMHO.

Enjoy your coin searches, everyone.
Go to Top of Page

copperpennies
Penny Pincher Member

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  19:47:25  Show Profile Send copperpennies a Private Message
What part of Wisconsin are you from? Im in Milwaukee
Go to Top of Page

JWRAY
Penny Collector Member

USA
378 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  21:55:40  Show Profile Send JWRAY a Private Message
My average is like 11 wheats a box, so 80 per two hundred is right for my area. I have gotten several boxes with 30-50 wheats as well. I am only 30 miles from the WI border in IL.

MOVING SALE!!! Selling Copper Cents 1.4 shipped - in limited quantities PM me and we'll talk.
Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  08:10:09  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
The going average or at least it used to be a few months back when we had a thread was give or take around 10 per box. I've never gotten a 43 while sorting either but I don't doubt that others have.

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

JobIII
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  11:42:50  Show Profile Send JobIII a Private Message
do you mean a steel penny or a copper '43?

I noticed i found a couple the other sorting run. And this time around i found a XF '09 vdb. So the rarer dates are still out there.

Selling Copper cents. $0 FV available at 1.4xFV. Also interested in trading for wheat pennies and other coins Please pm me for requests or inquiries.

Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  08:43:49  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
lol steel of course. I've found 2 vdb's but no 43's. That make any sense at all? Don't get me wrong though,I'm quite happy with the VDB's or at least dealy is

Go to Top of Page

johnsonjohn2441
Penny Pincher Member

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  19:27:57  Show Profile Send johnsonjohn2441 a Private Message
thanks to all. i am actually living in menomonie.
josh
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2