Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 1890 IH found
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sandtoad2

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  11:39:13  Show Profile Send sandtoad2 a Private Message
Last night, while searching through a few rolls (5 rolls), I found my first IH cent...An 1890 in Good condition. In the same roll I also pulled my first plastic cent. I feel very fortunate to have found these as I can now "check them off of my list." This was a professionally wrapped roll I got from a BoA.

I have only been sorting copper cents only for a short while. Literally I haven't even gone through $500 worth (I'm a hand sorter) so to find the IH so quickly in my "career" just floored me. For those that have been sorting longer than me and have yet to find one, keep searching! They are out there!

Also, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum. I read it daily and love hearing of other peoples finds!

Okay, back to sorting. I just needed to tell someone about my find! who better to share with than my anonymous internet friends who didn't even know I existed! Hee hee!

dakota1955
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2212 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  12:51:58  Show Profile  Send dakota1955 a Yahoo! Message Send dakota1955 a Private Message
The luck of the draw.
Go to Top of Page

NDFARMER
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1197 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  13:54:09  Show Profile Send NDFARMER a Private Message
Congrats and welcome. You did find that Indian very quickly. Some of us sort through many thousands of dollars of pennies and go many months before finding one.

COPPER - the "poormans" precious metal!!!

SELLING - $100.00 face copper shipped to you for $189.00 machine rolled or bagged - PM me if your interested.
Go to Top of Page

Mikep2020
Penny Collector Member

USA
402 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  14:15:27  Show Profile Send Mikep2020 a Private Message
Congrats! I just found my first indian last night as well! A 1906 and it took 18 months and 216,400 pennies searched to find it
Go to Top of Page

PennySaved
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1720 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  15:12:38  Show Profile Send PennySaved a Private Message
Congrats. I haven't found one all year. Last year, I was definitely luckier. Even found an 1866 in very good condition worth around $30. Wish I could find one of those every day :-)

SELLING COPPER PENNIES 1.4X FACE SHIPPED......“I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principles of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale” Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

Aristobolus
Penny Sorter Member

76 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  00:31:22  Show Profile Send Aristobolus a Private Message
Congrats!
Go to Top of Page

Robarons
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  00:49:56  Show Profile Send Robarons a Private Message
You know when I first started here an Indian was a MEGA find- as it still is, but its amazing to see so many people find them now. All the new sorters in their respective parts of the country are highlighting that there still is good things in circulation.

Robber Baron= Robarons
Go to Top of Page

Flbandit
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  08:29:38  Show Profile Send Flbandit a Private Message
Sweet. I found two fairly quickly (within a hundred lbs. of copper) but, haven't seen hide nor hair since.

Are you throwing that out?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2