Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Don't overlook local coin dealers!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aristobolus
Penny Sorter Member

76 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2010 :  15:23:31  Show Profile Send Aristobolus a Private Message
I just recently turned my sister on to sorting pennies. She went to her local coin dealer (who is up in years), and asked him if he had any wheaties for sale. He told her that another gentlemen buys most of what he gets, but that he had about $25 in spare change. She paid $104 for the lot, and brought them home. Most were in rolls. He claimed that "they were unsorted", and that "he is too old to fool with them anymore".

My sister began to sort them, and has already found a 1913 S in VF, and numerous other pennies in the 09's, teens, twenties and thirties. She is a novice at this, who knows what she is finding; she does not even have a coin book to tell her the values!

My point here is that as the ole timers age, and the younger, more "cameo" oriented dealers rise to ascendacy; perhaps they (both the older and younger dealers) really won't have time to "fool" with Lincolns. So do not overlook local coin dealers; some may have treasure troves waiting for you at three to five cents a piece!

wheeler_dealer
Penny Collector Member

USA
402 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2010 :  19:54:45  Show Profile  Send wheeler_dealer a Yahoo! Message Send wheeler_dealer a Private Message
Coin dealers/ coin shop can be a rich source for all types of coins and just like a bank teller if you build relationships it can be mutually beneficial for both parties involved. congrats on the score.
Go to Top of Page

twentybux
Penny Pincher Member

174 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2010 :  21:14:40  Show Profile Send twentybux a Private Message
Ahhhhhh the addiction continues to grow! Congrats to your sis!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2