Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Coin & Currency Collecting
 World Banknotes and Other Related Items
 Who is collecting Canadian Tire's $1 'coins'?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BCNumismatics
Penny Sorter Member

New Zealand
77 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  17:13:14  Show Profile Send BCNumismatics a Private Message
Who else,apart from me,has started to collect Canadian Tire's $1 'coins'?

Canadian Tire is Canada's largest loyalty program,but it is one that issues its own community currency.

Click on the link in the signature line to see the photos of my 'Tyre Money' $1 community currency 'coin'.

Please let me know what you think.

Aidan.

Aidan Work.

My numismatic photos can be found here; http://www.coinforums.com/gallery/u6-bcnumismatics.html .

AGgressive Metal
Administrator

USA
1937 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2010 :  17:37:58  Show Profile Send AGgressive Metal a Private Message
I couldn't find it in the link. Are these redeemable for a discount off new tires I assume?

And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel / For nothyng is better than lyberte / For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world.
-Caxton's edition of Aesop's Fables, 1484
Go to Top of Page

Wanderer

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2010 :  17:31:38  Show Profile Send Wanderer a Private Message
Actually - the coins are redeemable for $1 off anything Canadian Tire sells, which is pretty much everything. But I suspect most of the coins are being saved, rather than being used on purchases.

"Canadian Tire Money" has been around for ~50 years, but only as notes, paid out at a percentage of your total bill.

Just recently they added the $1 coins and for a brief period of time they were quite the hot item on eBay, etc. I think it has setlled down now.

You must be logged in to see this link. is a link to Canadian Tire's page with a bit of history on the program.
Go to Top of Page

BCNumismatics
Penny Sorter Member

New Zealand
77 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  07:16:33  Show Profile Send BCNumismatics a Private Message
You have to go to the bottom of the page,where you can find a pull-down menu titled 'Per Page'.Click on this,then on '90',then 'Sort Now'.

The photos should come up in alphabetical order.

Aidan.

Aidan Work.

My numismatic photos can be found here; http://www.coinforums.com/gallery/u6-bcnumismatics.html .

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2