Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Related Topics, Learning and Information
 Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About
 Missed Bargains
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

billo
Penny Collector Member

293 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  03:31:41  Show Profile Send billo a Private Message

Here's a thread for lamentations over great bargains or great products that were out there, you didn't have the chance while they were available, thought you didn't need them, or you delayed purchasing for any reason, and then when you went back they were gone. (Or you bought at least one but later wished you had more.)

Here are some bargains I missed out on completely or bought too few for $1 new products:

- hammers
- good pocket knives
- phone cords
- umbrellas

Also:

- a one-day sale on bottled water
- a big sale on canned food

That's not a dollar, mate...THIS is a dollar.

http://www.sendcongressapinkslip.com/

billo
Penny Collector Member

293 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2010 :  23:37:25  Show Profile Send billo a Private Message
How I missed the bottled water sale: I misread the store ad, got there 1 day early. Planned to stop by the next day, but I felt sick that day and couldn't. Only a one-day sale, man was I disappointed.

How I missed the pocket knives, hammers, umbrellas, along with some other good $1 stuff including brooms: I moved a few months ago, and before moving I thought hey, if I get it now I'll just have to pay to have it moved, I'll buy it after. After moving, and things settled down to have a chance for shopping again...one store closed, the other ran out of some items! Aaargh! Que lastima!

That's not a dollar, mate...THIS is a dollar.

http://www.sendcongressapinkslip.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lemon Thrower
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1588 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  06:20:25  Show Profile Send Lemon Thrower a Private Message
bottled water doesn't really keep that long because the plastic leeches chemicals into it. i have some, and 5 gallon jugs. I also have rain barrels outside to collect fresh water. you can make these from industrial plastic drums. i found some on craigslist.

Buying:
Peace/Morgan G+ at $15.00
copper cents at 1.3X
wheat pennies at 3X

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2