Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Coin & Currency Collecting
 Obsolete and Historic World Coins
 Foreign silver poll!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AGgressive Metal
Administrator

USA
1937 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  18:34:42  Show Profile Send AGgressive Metal a Private Message
Poll Question:
Do you hoard any particular type or country when it comes to foreign silver? Meaning, do you hoard one country's coinage in a manner similar to how people typically accumulate US "junk silver" (albeit probably on a smaller scale since foreign silver can be hard to find). I am not counting Canadian or Mexican as "foreign" for purposes of this poll.

Choices:

I have none, or I have nothing in quantity
Panamanian 90%
British 50%. 92.5%
Dutch 64%, 72%, 94.5%
French 83.5%, 90%
German 62.5%
Filipino 72%
Other, explain

And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel / For nothyng is better than lyberte / For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world.
-Caxton's edition of Aesop's Fables, 1484

dakota1955
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2212 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  18:38:15  Show Profile  Send dakota1955 a Yahoo! Message Send dakota1955 a Private Message
You forgot Canada
Go to Top of Page

AGgressive Metal
Administrator

USA
1937 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  19:16:43  Show Profile Send AGgressive Metal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by dakota1955

You forgot Canada

quote:
Do you hoard any particular type or country when it comes to foreign silver? Meaning, do you hoard one country's coinage in a manner similar to how people typically accumulate US "junk silver" (albeit probably on a smaller scale since foreign silver can be hard to find). I am not counting Canadian or Mexican as "foreign" for purposes of this poll.

And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel / For nothyng is better than lyberte / For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world.
Go to Top of Page

Dumpster Diver
Penny Collector Member

USA
474 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  21:06:38  Show Profile Send Dumpster Diver a Private Message
I voted filipino...always seem to find it cheap and they are nice looking in my opinion.

"You're not really gonna throw that out...are you"?
Go to Top of Page

Dumpster Diver
Penny Collector Member

USA
474 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  21:08:33  Show Profile Send Dumpster Diver a Private Message
Like the Panamanian coins too. Also have a long term goal to complete a roll each of silver balboas and half balboas.

"You're not really gonna throw that out...are you"?

Edited by - Dumpster Diver on 03/31/2010 21:09:33
Go to Top of Page

uthminsta
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1872 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  10:03:18  Show Profile Send uthminsta a Private Message
Who voted British? Oh, that was me. I don't hoard it, unless you count that I have a couple binders full of Brit silver.

Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org
Go to Top of Page

Bluegill
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  13:08:19  Show Profile Send Bluegill a Private Message
I like the them all. You left out one option, which also happens to be my favorite. Australia...

Go to Top of Page

AGgressive Metal
Administrator

USA
1937 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  18:53:51  Show Profile Send AGgressive Metal a Private Message
Yeah, I would have put Australia, Austria, and maybe some others if the forum allowed more lines in the poll.

Go to Top of Page

thogey
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1617 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  00:07:26  Show Profile Send thogey a Private Message
Nepal what about Nepal?

Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org
Go to Top of Page

AGgressive Metal
Administrator

USA
1937 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  16:18:12  Show Profile Send AGgressive Metal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by thogey

Nepal what about Nepal?

Go to Top of Page

AGgressive Metal
Administrator

USA
1937 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  17:27:24  Show Profile Send AGgressive Metal a Private Message
Only 11 votes, c'mon! haha

Go to Top of Page

aloneibreak
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
672 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  17:37:43  Show Profile Send aloneibreak a Private Message
i voted other -- love that australian silver - just wish i had more of it...

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

Brambio

Indonesia
2 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2010 :  11:01:19  Show Profile  Send Brambio a Yahoo! Message Send Brambio a Private Message
I vote dutch
Go to Top of Page

coppernickel
Penny Pincher Member

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2010 :  13:23:36  Show Profile Send coppernickel a Private Message
Mexican is my favorite, Canadian the next. If others present I won't turn them down.

Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
Go to Top of Page

JWRAY
Penny Collector Member

USA
378 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2010 :  17:06:47  Show Profile Send JWRAY a Private Message
I agree with coppernickel on Mexican. I really like some of the Mex silver. Also Australia, NZ, British. I also like island silver like Fiji and Cuba. Dont know why, I just do.

MOVING SALE!!! Selling Copper Cents 1.4 shipped - in limited quantities PM me and we'll talk.
Go to Top of Page

jtm3
Penny Pincher Member

USA
187 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  08:58:38  Show Profile Send jtm3 a Private Message
I voted nothing, but I wish I could get some Panamanian 90%.

Copper Cent Hoarding Wiki

coppercenthoarding.wikia.com

+637 posts
Go to Top of Page

Flbandit
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  18:37:41  Show Profile Send Flbandit a Private Message
I have mostly British, but with a bit of Austrian and Philippines as well. I also want some from Panama, but haven't been able to win any yet.

Are you throwing that out?
Go to Top of Page

Robarons
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  20:20:13  Show Profile Send Robarons a Private Message
I would nod my hat to British silver. The high purity of 92.5% and the backing of the British name gives security and recognition of it to be good silver. The odd sizes and denominations tend to be confusing, but one can eye ball it to US junk and say 'if its the size of the dime and has a higher purity it must be worth as much as a dime if not more'. Same with .500.

Panama silver is exactly like american coinage as I told and wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Robber Baron= Robarons
Go to Top of Page

BCNumismatics
Penny Sorter Member

New Zealand
77 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  02:39:07  Show Profile Send BCNumismatics a Private Message
I collect silver coins from all the proper British Commonwealth countries.

The most unusual one is the 2008 silver 5 Dirhams from Kedah,which commemorates the Golden Jubilee (50 years of reign) of Sultan Abdul Halim Shah of Kedah.

Click on the link in the signature line to see it.

Aidan.

Aidan Work.

My numismatic photos can be found here; http://www.coinforums.com/gallery/u6-bcnumismatics.html .

Please let me know what you think.
Go to Top of Page

PennySaved
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1720 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  17:49:53  Show Profile Send PennySaved a Private Message
I collect any country I can get my hands on.

I have to admit I love old French Francs and German Marks.

SELLING COPPER PENNIES 1.4X FACE SHIPPED......“I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principles of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale” Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2