Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 How Many?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zerocd
Penny Hoarding Member

555 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  20:34:40  Show Profile Send zerocd a Private Message
I just started filling 5 gallon buckets with Ryedale sorted coppers.

How many will fit in a 5 gallon bucket?

Thanks in advance.

0CD

Jason
Penny Pincher Member

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  20:57:46  Show Profile  Send Jason an AOL message Send Jason a Private Message
Alot I'm sure:) Someone will have a more accurate answer than that, but i used to have a smaller bucket three gallons I think maybe four and I't held some where around $200 if I remember correctly. I'm alot of help huh, lol.

Rule six: There is no rule six.
Go to Top of Page

garnede
Penny Collector Member

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  23:06:55  Show Profile Send garnede a Private Message
I have only used a kitty liter bucket, not sure it is 5 gallons, but I fit 135 pounds of copper in it. 135#'s should be right around $200 face.
Go to Top of Page

slickeast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2533 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  06:30:48  Show Profile Send slickeast a Private Message
A 5 gallon bucket will hold about $275. It gets awful heavy though. I only use 5 gallon buckets to dump. I store in 2 1/2 gallon buckets because they are easier to move.

If you want to use 5 gallon buckets, put it where you want it, and fill it as you sort. When it is full you can put another empty one on top and start filling it.

You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be.......SLICK

Go to Top of Page

zerocd
Penny Hoarding Member

555 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  09:36:07  Show Profile Send zerocd a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by slickeast

A 5 gallon bucket will hold about $275. It gets awful heavy though. I only use 5 gallon buckets to dump. I store in 2 1/2 gallon buckets because they are easier to move.

If you want to use 5 gallon buckets, put it where you want it, and fill it as you sort. When it is full you can put another empty one on top and start filling it.

Yes, this is what I am doing. Bucket where I will store it, fill it, then repeat. I can pour off smaller amounts or use a hand truck to move when needed. I haven't found a decent smaller bucket yet.

0CD

Thanks for the number!
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  09:42:02  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Kitty litter buckets are a little smaller and work great. I also got several 2.5 gallon buckets at the dollar store.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

Country
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  09:46:35  Show Profile Send Country a Private Message
I've got 12 cats and plenty of Kitty Litter buckets to fill.

---> Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
– Theodore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Common Cents
Penny Sorter Member

82 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  10:08:57  Show Profile Send Common Cents a Private Message
I have a 5 gallon water jug filled up. I figure that it contains $300 face and weighs 200 lbs. at a minimum. My calculation is based on the fact that a half-gallon juice container will easily hold 3000 pennies. Ten of those would be equivalent in volume to the five gallon jug. Based upon my attempts to pick the thing up, I would also say that the jug weighs at least 200 lbs. Keep in mind that the jug was shaken as it was filled, so as to increase its carrying capacity.

One five gallon container is enough for me. That's why I started filling the half-gallon juice bottles instead. Much easier moving ten of them, than one five gallon jug!

Happy hunting everyone, but try to save an Indian Head or two for me!
Go to Top of Page

bankmining
Penny Pincher Member

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  10:14:02  Show Profile Send bankmining a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Country

I've got 12 cats and plenty of Kitty Litter buckets to fill.

Now the chicken-egg question: Do you sort to justify getting more buckets and hence more cats or the other way around?
Go to Top of Page

JobIII
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  10:55:07  Show Profile Send JobIII a Private Message
FYI - plastic kitty litter buckets are being phased out for new packaging made out of cardboard. It happened in my area so i'm stuck with a limited number of them...

Selling Copper cents. $0 FV available at 1.4xFV. Also interested in trading for wheat pennies and other coins Please pm me for requests or inquiries.

Go to Top of Page

fasteddy
Penny Collector Member

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  12:05:18  Show Profile Send fasteddy a Private Message
OCD....I think you have a contest going...guess the amount in OCD's five gallon bucket..I would guess 27,272 cents....either way when it is full it will be to heavy to move...I filled a 5 gallon bucket last week with half dollars...265 lbs My contest would be guess the amount of cents in my 55 gallon drum I suppose when it is full I will ship it to Hoard so he can count it
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2