Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 How do you take bulk back to the bank no hassel
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

NoCents
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  20:18:15  Show Profile Send NoCents a Private Message
I haven't tried it yet.

How will they want them?
How often will they let you drop them?

Any war stories and info on this range would be nice.
Thanks for the look.

What's in it for the dude?

Kurr
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2906 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  20:24:12  Show Profile Send Kurr a Private Message
Bank branches are like people. They are all different even if in the same family. I can do 300.00 a week at one branch, 3 bags of 100.00 per, go out to the car, get another 3 full bags of 100.00 each and dump across the street and do 1-200 more in 100.00 drops a week at another.

I have been cut off from a few branches, and have had one company change it's policy to no bulk coins from individuals, and REFUSAL to sell coins to individuals, only business'.

Get in the trenches, have some fun with it.

The silver [is] mine, and the gold [is] mine, saith the LORD of hosts. Hag 2:8 [/b]
He created it. He controls it. He gave it to us for His use. Why did we turn from sound scriptural currency that PROTECTS us?

KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The book of The Hundreds: http://www.land.netonecom.net/tlp/ref/boh/bookOfTheHundreds_v4.1.pdf
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE_TWO_REPUBLICS.pdf
Good reading: http://ecclesia.org/truth/government.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears

Go to Top of Page

PennySaved
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1720 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  21:02:14  Show Profile Send PennySaved a Private Message
You may have to try several branches until you find one that doesn't give you a hard time. I found one that will take $75 in pennies from me and not blink an eye.

SELLING COPPER PENNIES 1.4X FACE SHIPPED......“I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principles of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale” Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

NoCents
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  21:04:11  Show Profile Send NoCents a Private Message
Will they give you back the bags?
How do you get bags?

Do they make you stand there and wait to count them to?

Go to Top of Page

thogey
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1617 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  21:14:08  Show Profile Send thogey a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by NoCents

Will they give you back the bags?
How do you get bags?

Just ask if they take bagged coins for a deposit. They should give you the bags. They are heavy duty thick plastic with a self adhesive strip. There is info you write on the bag, name acct #. You deposit it just like cash.

I've found 2, 50 dollar penny bags is about the max per deposit without annoying the help.

Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org
Go to Top of Page

Kurr
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2906 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  21:15:20  Show Profile Send Kurr a Private Message
They give me my bags back or give me new ones. I recycle the bags I buy in. I do not stand there. I have a seat in the lobby and enjoy a complimentary cup of coffee, maybe a free cookie or two and read the paper.

The teller either calls my name or walks out and returns my wheeled luggage, receipt and cash where I am sitting, pleasantries are exchanged and see ya next week.

By the way that is Your Community Bank, and Mainsource both regionals. Community is my fav dump, I had BAD issues with a mainsource branch, and they really don't like to see me, and I am still cut off from their lobby machine, openly discriminated against, when they have a perfectly good Cummins Jetsort in the Lobby.

Like I said, Every branch is different.

The silver [is] mine, and the gold [is] mine, saith the LORD of hosts. Hag 2:8 [/b]
He created it. He controls it. He gave it to us for His use. Why did we turn from sound scriptural currency that PROTECTS us?

The book of The Hundreds: http://www.land.netonecom.net/tlp/ref/boh/bookOfTheHundreds_v4.1.pdf

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears

Go to Top of Page

NoCents
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  21:37:38  Show Profile Send NoCents a Private Message
I take it you have to have an account to deal with these little issues?

What is a daily amount that they will also give you if your looking to sort with out them charging you for it......

Oh and thanks again for all the skinny....this is a great source.

Go to Top of Page

Kurr
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2906 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  21:53:42  Show Profile Send Kurr a Private Message
I have an account yes. I currently have one schedule pick up bank that orders me 300.00 when I ask. Or I do drive by's. But I have been known to hit 3 counties in a day too on drive by's.

Last run I did I scored 450.00 in bags from 1 branch fee free. These are long standing relationships I have had with these branches though.

Go to Top of Page

thogey
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1617 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  22:09:19  Show Profile Send thogey a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by NoCents

My dump bank just takes the bags from me and I walk out the door.
I think they have a coin processing service who picks them up.
When I make the deposits they always scribble a bunch of stuff on the bags with a sharpie

I've asked them if they ever come back with a total count. I was told "never".

Go to Top of Page

garnede
Penny Collector Member

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  23:39:23  Show Profile Send garnede a Private Message
There are a couple of kinds of bags, I have canvas bags that I use to pick up and drop off rolled coins. Then there plastic bags that come in different shapes and sizes. You return coins loose in those. They credit it to your account and adjust your account later if your count was off. Some banks will let you drop off a lot and some only $50. It depends on the staff and branch size. some smaller branches have limited space in their vault and might limit you, while other small branches will let you dump as much coin as you want to. Some might require it to be rolled while others require loose and still others that will take either.
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  03:19:11  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Kind of depends on how much they like you.. lol. And if you are lucky. For the Bank I dump bulk coins at I usually just take in 4 $50 bags at lunch time a few times a week. All my other banks require them to be rolled. Not a problem if you have an automatic rolling machine or 2, but certainly a hassle if you don't. They actually really like my machine rolled pennies, since they can give them out to their merchants directly and because they say corporate never orders them enough pennies to satisfy their merchant's needs. I usually dump $150-200 a day at one of my regular dump banks a few times a week.

For getting coins you just sort of have to feel out what they are willing to give you. Some banks give me all their CWR. They like that I take it and they don't have to ship. Standard penny order for me is 24 boxes. I use a cart when picking these up.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

oldBPman
Penny Sorter Member

83 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  07:22:26  Show Profile Send oldBPman a Private Message
we're a one bank town and I can do 2 bricks(100 rolls) every 3 days(Monday and thurs) with no hassel.anymore and i wouldn't have time to do my regular chores around here. If i opened an account in the surrounding towns, my profit would be used up just driving to banks and back. I pick them up in the sealed bank box and take them back in anything i can find so i can keep the bank box.the bank boxes are uniform and stack so nice. I always returned the zincs rolled. I also pick up a few rolls of Qs,Dimes and nickles at the same time, the nickels stay here thou. one teller did ask what i done with the nickels.
Go to Top of Page

dakota1955
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2212 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  07:25:38  Show Profile  Send dakota1955 a Yahoo! Message Send dakota1955 a Private Message
You will find your answer as you interact will the banks and you see the rules change as you go.
Go to Top of Page

fasteddy
Penny Collector Member

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  13:06:36  Show Profile Send fasteddy a Private Message
I use a dolly...but will be looking for a good sturdy cart this weekend....penny boxes have a tendency to fall off of the dolly

& don't forget the pleasantries...smiling alot and having patience is a must also.
Go to Top of Page

slickeast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2533 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  15:14:32  Show Profile Send slickeast a Private Message
Dumping is the most challenging part of this adventure. I have several banks that have coin machines in the lobby. I have to rotate the use of these wonderful machines. You don't want to overuse one and get called into the managers office and get cut off.

Ask around and see if you can find a bank that accepts loose. I have one that will accept 4 bags a week. I figure $200 a week is better than nothing and added them into my routine. The more options you have the better. Spreading your dumps around is even better. If you dump $1000.00 or more a week in zincs at one bank, you will probably get cut off sooner or later.

You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be.......SLICK

Go to Top of Page

PointOmega
Penny Sorter Member

50 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  15:48:59  Show Profile Send PointOmega a Private Message
I admire you all. I would be too worried what people think about me.
Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  20:30:15  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by PointOmega

Why? Who cares? You know the truth.

Topic:

I limit my dumps to under $1000 each time. I have an agreement with the bank. So the rest of the dumps get spread around, usually under $300 each to the Credit Unions. For the large dump I dolly in plastic stackable boxes filled with pennies, and a pouring cup. That is what they requested, so I have no problem with that. The smaller ones usually take place in the grocery store branches, so I just use a shopping cart.

Deal

p.s. I'm a member at all my banks/credit unions, and I maintain a balance in all accounts at every institution. And use plenty of chocolate bribes, or something else if a lady doesn't like chocolate. One of my ladies like green apple tea (yuck), so I always take her one. Grease the wheels....

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

thogey
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1617 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  20:48:45  Show Profile Send thogey a Private Message
quote:

Man that's a tough one. I understand it, though.

You need to shake that off right quick.

Go to Top of Page

zerocd
Penny Hoarding Member

555 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  06:57:58  Show Profile Send zerocd a Private Message
I maintain a polite demeanor no matter what the circumstances. I always thank bank employees who help me, especially at the dump machines. I maintain accounts at all the banks I frequent. (free checking)

We have free coin counters here and i bring in 1-5 drywall buckets at a time.
I am very visible. Bank managers take notice.

I rotate my dumps at as many branches as possible.

Make friends with the branches, learn names!

Small gifts can go a long way.

Never dump where you pick up.

Best of luck.

You are doing nothing wrong.

0CD

Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2010 :  08:19:09  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
quote:

If we were worried about what people thought of us.. we probably wouldn't be hanging out in bank lobbies begging for rolls of pennies.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Go to Top of Page

NoCents
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  00:22:06  Show Profile Send NoCents a Private Message
I got to thank Kerr here for the sound word on the do's and don'ts.
The thing about different relationships with different banks is the truth.
Within the same system I have the complete opps.
One willing to part with no prob, another so not willing to the point it was 'no so nice' to say the least.

I think I ran into about $15 of Hoards rolled gold.
Thanks.
$13.50 made it back in those same wraps.

Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  00:40:35  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
I'm sure you are mistaken about the source of that "rolled gold." I never dump in Florida.

Go to Top of Page

NoCents
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  00:49:46  Show Profile Send NoCents a Private Message
Thought this is how you'd pay for a vacation..

Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  00:51:09  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Nah.. I smuggle coins out.. never in. The TSA loves me!

Go to Top of Page

iouhc19

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  22:49:13  Show Profile Send iouhc19 a Private Message
I take my scrap cents to CoinStar and take Itunes credit. I don't have to waste my time packaging them. Just pour them down the chute. It works for me.

Sincerely yours
Go to Top of Page

NoCents
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2010 :  08:39:08  Show Profile Send NoCents a Private Message
Why would you want to give 8% of your coin away to them?
Go find a bank with a coin counter that doesn't charge you.
I'm dumping at least $900 a week in the 5 in my area.

I really like the one that counts pennies as nickles dimes and even the occasional dollar...is a bonus plan that lets me charge the bank for my services.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2