Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Percentage Predictions
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PointOmega
Penny Sorter Member

50 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  17:23:28  Show Profile Send PointOmega a Private Message
It seems like the average sorter is finding copper pennies 20-25% of the time. Rarely do we find 50%, and even more rarely do we get a skunked roll. If we as a collective whole continue hoarding at this pace, when will we see those copper percentages drop below 20? This year? Next? When will we see 15% or 10%? In two years? Five? After hearing back on your percentage predictions, the hardest question remains... how much can the copper depletion be attributed to us?

Who knows....maybe we're just a drop in the bucket.

jldco
Penny Pincher Member

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  18:01:33  Show Profile Send jldco a Private Message
We are just a drop in the bucket...... maybe half a drop.

Mark 8:36
www.pennybullion.com
Go to Top of Page

slickeast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2533 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  18:08:31  Show Profile Send slickeast a Private Message
I don't think our drop is even hitting the bucket.

You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be.......SLICK

Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  19:32:32  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
Last time I calculated this (Mr. Math Wizard... shut up, Eric) I figured there's roughly 85 million copper cents still out there (23.6% of about 360 billion). So we're not even causing a ripple in the depletion of the percentages. If you see them dropping, it's because new zincs (by the billions) are entering the circulation pool and diluting them. If hoarders weren't around, then extinction and dilution might account for about a half percent decrease per year

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dakota1955
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2212 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  20:21:37  Show Profile  Send dakota1955 a Yahoo! Message Send dakota1955 a Private Message
We should be able to do this for many years to come.
Go to Top of Page

thogey
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1617 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  20:39:26  Show Profile Send thogey a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beauanderos

Last time I calculated this (Mr. Math Wizard... shut up, Eric) I figured there's roughly 85 million copper cents still out there (23.6% of about 360 billion). So we're not even causing a ripple in the depletion of the percentages. If you see them dropping, it's because new zincs (by the billions) are entering the circulation pool and diluting them. If hoarders weren't around, then extinction and dilution might account for about a half percent decrease per year

Sorry,

I think you're off by a factor of 10X 10X 10

I think you mean to write there are 85 billion coppers in circulation.

85/360 =23.6%

Get your wet towel ready.

Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org
Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  21:33:54  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by thogey
Sorry,

I think you're off by a factor of 10X 10X 10

I think you mean to write there are 85 billion coppers in circulation.

85/360 =23.6%

Ah, crum!

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  22:11:10  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Regardless of the number.. a large portion of them would disappear within months of the melting ban being lifted. Between that possibility, and the dilution through introduction of zincs.. there will never be a better time to sort than the present. No matter what your percentages.. "Just Sort More!"

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

wolvesdad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  04:54:15  Show Profile Send wolvesdad a Private Message
Yeah, because of the large influx of zincs into this area(over the last 10 years), due to the increase in population in commerce, MY PERCENTAGE is ALREADY 14-18%. Sometimes I get only 5-10% from CWR.

"May your percentages ever increase!"
Go to Top of Page

Mikep2020
Penny Collector Member

USA
402 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  07:21:30  Show Profile Send Mikep2020 a Private Message
In my small sample size for my area, my average dropped from 29.5% last year to 27.5% so far this year, and I sorted my very first under 25% box ever in the history of sorting,(18 months) and it was 24.4%. I think I will be where you guys are in the low 20's in about 3 years as long as the status quo remains. I think you guys in the low 20's now, will be in the high teens in 3 years.
Go to Top of Page

PointOmega
Penny Sorter Member

50 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  16:34:48  Show Profile Send PointOmega a Private Message
okay, so from what most of you are saying is that we're not making much of a difference, but the percentages are dropping any way. That means two things. That there's a hell of a lot of people out there with our mentality. And that some of them are going to find this wesbite and increase our numbers at Realcent Penny Forum.

just my two copper cents....
Go to Top of Page

sheba
Penny Pincher Member

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  11:35:13  Show Profile Send sheba a Private Message
I was helped by reading someone's note that number of coppers is still out there and hasn't been even slightly dented by copper hoarders (IMHO), but the government is releasing lots more 2006-2009 cents into the money supply and there are bazillions of them ... which would naturally dilute the amount of copper.

Around here (though just a casual handsorter) percetnages seem to run pretty steady at 30-32%

sheba

woof ... wag ... whine
Go to Top of Page

Mikep2020
Penny Collector Member

USA
402 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  11:51:32  Show Profile Send Mikep2020 a Private Message
Here is another way to look at it, back in 1982 we had a 100% copper percentage nationwide, now 28 years later we are are averaging around 25% nationwide. Thats an average of 2.6 percentage points drop per year due to zinc injections, lost coins, collected coins and so on. At this rate as long as the status quo remains the same, copper will be circulating for another 9-10 years until they become as rare as wheats are today.
Go to Top of Page

JobIII
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  12:20:29  Show Profile Send JobIII a Private Message
speak for yourselves. I think this year i alone will drop the find rate 1%. er..hold on my math is not so good..(carry the one, over the 9, divide by half, multiple by the inverse..). Correction i will drop the current % find by .00001 perhaps you are correct

^^ Assumes i will pull out $10k Copper cents this year...

20% still seems worth the hunting to me.

Selling Copper cents. $0 FV available at 1.4xFV. Also interested in trading for wheat pennies and other coins Please pm me for requests or inquiries.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2