Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 is it more profitable to sort copper pennys or sil
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ish
Penny Sorter Member

44 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  17:31:27  Show Profile Send ish a Private Message
is it more profitable to sort copper pennys or silver halves?? thinking about selling rydelle and going to silver i opened 2 boxes of halves and only got 4 is this the ratio??? i have an extra 20 k and a 15 year old who does it for me

Edited by - ish on 02/26/2010 17:42:49

ish
Penny Sorter Member

44 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  17:37:14  Show Profile Send ish a Private Message
so if you had 20k to play with every week how would you do it??
Go to Top of Page

daviscfad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1664 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  18:20:37  Show Profile Send daviscfad a Private Message
i would think unless you have access to an armored car service you would not be able to unload 20k a week at a bank. unless you went to 20 different banks man this is more work than its worth. If you have money to play with invest in something and let it work for you. spend maybe couple thousand sorting.

Inquiring minds want to know
Go to Top of Page

ish
Penny Sorter Member

44 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  18:28:50  Show Profile Send ish a Private Message
hmm o.k i think i see youre point.but would you consider those as a good investment in 3-5 years
Go to Top of Page

NDFARMER
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1197 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  18:44:38  Show Profile Send NDFARMER a Private Message
Ish you are able to pick up 40 boxes per week? And also have no problem dumping 40 boxes per week?

COPPER - the "poormans" precious metal!!!

SELLING - $100.00 face copper shipped to you for $189.00 machine rolled or bagged - PM me if your interested.
Go to Top of Page

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  18:48:39  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
I'd be trying to move more halves with that kind of play money. But I wouldn't give up on nickels and cents. If you can move many cents, you can make a quick ROI moving wheats.

Go to Top of Page

ish
Penny Sorter Member

44 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  19:16:21  Show Profile Send ish a Private Message
yea i gotta hook on of my close friends is the mang. so she will order me as what ever i want how many i want 100 rolls of or whatever. and i do not have to roll em or bag em they will do it for me and send it off to the brinks and they credit my account its a awsome hook up but gettin burnt out and wana know if its worth it... thinking about just buying a house to rent better invest?
Go to Top of Page

ish
Penny Sorter Member

44 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  19:20:26  Show Profile Send ish a Private Message
and the odds of at find ing a s vdb?? i found a vdb and 2 o9s 1 43 and 2 wheats out of 10 k worth getting tired of looking for the wheats and stuff though
Go to Top of Page

NDFARMER
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1197 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  19:51:10  Show Profile Send NDFARMER a Private Message
I have done the rental property thing. Nothing but a pain in the butt for small one to four unit buildings. Unless you can buy a 48 unit building and have someone manage it for you. I will never do it again.

COPPER - the "poormans" precious metal!!!

SELLING - $100.00 face copper shipped to you for $189.00 machine rolled or bagged - PM me if your interested.
Go to Top of Page

garnede
Penny Collector Member

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  21:15:11  Show Profile Send garnede a Private Message
Unless you have a great supply return situation, and know that you won't be getting your own coins back, go with pennies. You could buy a couple of ryedales and try to put a dent in the copper supply locally. If you don't want to hold them than there is some one in the market area offering 1.31X face shipped. I have trouble returning more than $1000. Use a couple of thousand and search halves, then use the rest to hoard pennies.
Go to Top of Page

ish
Penny Sorter Member

44 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  21:26:31  Show Profile Send ish a Private Message
i understend also i am in a good area 5 min. from dc marlyand and va
Go to Top of Page

TXTim
Penny Hoarding Member

629 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  06:46:57  Show Profile Send TXTim a Private Message
Profitable?
If you look at this sport in terms of P/L, it wouldn't make the first cut.
Buy and sell used cars if you want a profit. This coin thing is more of a hobby that pays for itself.

Beer is my currency.
Go to Top of Page

dp2007
Penny Pincher Member

130 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  08:24:45  Show Profile Send dp2007 a Private Message
I have a rental house-- I have a positive cash flow which is good but overall it is not a good investment. I probably could make more in a REIT in the stock market. I even have a property manager but the headaches and expenses keep coming. Dumping coins is the biggest headache for CRH'ing. As long as you have a good set-up and you enjoy it keep doing the coins. Another option is to open an online brokerage acct and put all 20k on SLV. If you believe in the future of Silver this way sure saves a lot of time and gas.
Go to Top of Page

IdahoCopper
Penny Pincher Member

125 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  09:06:38  Show Profile Send IdahoCopper a Private Message
SLV is a huge scam. Never invest in paper silver, its paper on silver that doesn't exist.

If you aren't in a hurry, put ads on craigslist in your area to buy silver coin. Sometimes you will pay spot. This is the way to acquire silver without paying dealer premiums.

And sometimes you will pay a lot less than spot. Right now spot is $16.49. That means 40% coins are worth 5.214 x face value, and 90% coins are worth 12.755 times face.

You can buy mixed a mixed lot of 40/90% coin from people replying to your ads, offer them 2x, 3x, or 4x face. They just might sell at that price, simply because they don't know the value and do not know how to look it up.

In any case, if you buy for less than spot, its instant profit, which cushions any minor drop in the silver spot price.

See - http://IdahoCopper.com

and:
http://beefjerky.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2