Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 Unusual Nickel--Picture Added
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

wolvesdad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2009 :  22:53:12  Show Profile Send wolvesdad a Private Message
Could you POST A PICTURE ... Please! :)

"May your percentages ever increase!"
Go to Top of Page

PreservingThePast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1572 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2009 :  09:37:27  Show Profile Send PreservingThePast a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by wolvesdad

Could you POST A PICTURE ... Please! :)

If you are asking for a picture of the nickel, then, yes, I was able to get a picture where I think the NRA will show up nicely.

However, I wasn't able to get anywhere Friday or Saturday that had high speed so I could post the photo of this and photos of all the good stuff I found in my large lot of pennies. Maybe this coming Friday/Saturday I can get somewhere to post the photos.

OR, were you asking Counterstamp to post a photo of the stamp that is used to make these???

Good Luck in your searches, everyone.
Go to Top of Page

PreservingThePast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1572 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  18:15:22  Show Profile Send PreservingThePast a Private Message
Alas, another week passed with me unable to get anywhere that I could use high speed internet for posting the photos on my husband's two days off work.

Hopefully soon. If my computer doesn't act up more. Killed the DVD/CD drive in it a couple of days ago and had to go with an external set-up. Talk about frustration trying to learn something else new, especially when it involves the computer. No fun at all.

Enjoy your searches, everyone.
Go to Top of Page

mikishman

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  08:59:39  Show Profile Send mikishman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by counterstamp

Thanks for the welcomes.

The vast majority (thousands) have been placed into circulation in New England (RI, MA, NH area) via coin counting machines. Several hundred were also set loose in Las Vegas a couple years ago. A friend reminded me that she did take a few dozen down to Florida last year (roughly Central Florida) and spent them there. So, yours could have been one of the few spent in FL or one that migrated down from up north.

A few other answers: how to get started? Get a custom steel handstamp made. Many places around the county can do this. A stamp like the one mentioned here (the letters on one custom punch) is about $30-40. You can get a set of individual letter stamps the same price or less (depends on quality).

Advertising on money: the “Where’s George” website did get into some trouble with the Secret Service until they agreed not to sell anything on their website. Once it was established that they did not profit from their site address being stamped on bills, the Secret Service backed off. So, advertising for profit could get some scrutiny.

I have used the "wheresgeorge" website. Its very interesting to see how far and slowly a dollar travels. It would be neat if there was something similiar for coins.
Go to Top of Page

knibloe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1066 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  21:43:26  Show Profile Send knibloe a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by hobo finds

Or the National Restaurant Association. They get lots of change!

You beat me to this one. I was going to say it.
Go to Top of Page

oldBPman
Penny Sorter Member

83 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  14:10:57  Show Profile Send oldBPman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by george454

I have not seen the nickel version but me my dad and grandad have two fifty cent peices stampeed NRA (National Rifle Assosiation), for becoming lifetime members. Just a thought.

Back in the late 50s and 60s, almost every comic book and other magazines advertized pennies and other coins with Lincoln smoking a pipe or lincoln wearing a hat

Edited by - oldBPman on 03/03/2010 14:12:06
Go to Top of Page

PreservingThePast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1572 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  11:31:56  Show Profile Send PreservingThePast a Private Message
Picture FINALLY!!!

Go to Top of Page

Shattered
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
523 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  19:16:50  Show Profile Send Shattered a Private Message
Stamped nickel, looks cool.

"I need metal in my life, just like an eagle needs to fly."
-Joseph DeMaio : Die For Metal
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic