Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 What material for debased nickels?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

59 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  19:03:29  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Hey, thanks for the link Cerulean. Someone totally beat me to the punch on this one!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy;
there every man stands for what he actually is, and can show himself to be.

-- Theodore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Gresham
Penny Pincher Member

184 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  23:33:30  Show Profile Send Gresham a Private Message
How about getting rid of the dime, 5 cent and one cent coins and having the quarter as the smallest unit. This way there is no 20 cent piece to worry about. No new coins will be introduced. Change will no longer be hard to make. The quarter has about the same purchasing power as one penny did years ago, and I only look at prices to the nearest quarter as it is right now.

Once the 20 dollar bill has sunk to the point between the quarter and dime in terms of purchase power you can all be happy that we have a 20 cent piece. Once it does we will be discussing what should be done with our one and five dollar coins.

------
It frankly bothers me that the bank is the only place that bothers to count out my money, the rest of the places just hand me "change" and I'm supposed to assume that it is right?

Edited by - Gresham on 04/13/2007 00:18:20
Go to Top of Page

myfundsarelow
Penny Collector Member

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2007 :  20:49:47  Show Profile Send myfundsarelow a Private Message
My head is spinning after reading all these treads let the mint figure out what to make in new coinage all we have to do is keep collecing copper cents and nickels and let the rest of the world go by while we enjoy the idea of increasing our net worth PEACE!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2