Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals
 Views on Silver
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pencilvanian
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2209 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  14:14:02  Show Profile Send pencilvanian a Private Message
I wasn't sure if this should be listed under "Bullion News and Views" since the information is a little out of date, and the author of the piece seems to have an "everyone is out to get us" viewpoint, But the information found is interesting.
I know nothing about the author of this information, I merely present it for you to consider or ignore if you wish.

You must be logged in to see this link.

The Great Silver Heist
Johnny Silver Bear

Excerpts:

...SUA(Silver Users of America) members include corporations like Eastman Kodak and Polaroid who use great quantities of silver for the production of film. Obviously, the price of silver plays an important role in their bottom lines and it is of great advantage to keep the price of silver as low as possible.
Other clients include Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, General Dynamics, American Superconductor, and Intermagnetics General who use even greater quantities of silver for the production of super conducting cables, missiles and torpedoes. All companies that produce electrical components for use in weapons, high tech aircraft, fighting vehicles, ships, communication devices, almost everything that has to do with the war machine, depend heavily on silver.

An interesting thing to point out is that when a missile or torpedo explodes, as much as 1400 ounces of silver is vaporized. This is one of the industrial reasons why the above ground stockpiles of silver have already been depleted to the point of scarcity. The artificial capping of the price of any commodity is not unlike the insertion of a huge cork in a volcano. This can result in nothing less than the massive explosion of its price in the immediate future.

...."Today not a missile goes aloft from Cape Canaveral, not a jet plane from Idlewild that does not contain some silver. A good 25,000,000 or more ounces of silver are used each year in the U.S. in the form of solders and brazing alloys in refrigerators and air conditioners, electric appliances, aircraft and rockets. About 19,000,000 ounces are estimated to go into electric contacts in appliances and electronic equipment. More than 1,000,000 ounces are consumed in ceramic colors and pigments. About 1,500,000 ounces are used in making silver-zinc batteries for jet aircraft, missiles and portable TVs and silver-cadmium batteries for portable equipment. Silver goes into such miscellaneous products as mirrors, pharmaceuticals, dental alloys, plating of fine copper wires, medical and scientific instruments. In certain high temperature applications, as in space vehicles, silver is ideal. Research is finding new uses every year. During World War II new brazing alloys of silver were developed by Handy & Harman. The automobile, the airplane and the telephone all call for the use of silver in their structure. The demand for silver in high temperature applications in guided missiles, jet and rocket aircraft has soared."

"Silver is a noble and versatile metal. It resists corrosion and so is ideal for chemical vessels and the lining of metal cans. Silver nitrate is used in hair dyeing and making indelible inks. Extremely ductile, a gram of silver may be drawn out into a wire 180 meters long. Malleable, silver may be beaten into a leaf 0.00025 millimeters thin. In making phonograph records, a thin deposit of silver is employed in making the matrix." - Economist Herbert Bratter, writing in The Commercial & Financial Chronicle, December 10, 1959, page 2422.

Remember, it's not just the U.S. that needs silver, it's also everyone that we are fighting, or will be fighting soon, that needs it just as badly as we do.....

Another silver teething ring to chew on...

Production of Large Silver Mines Through 2030

By: Bryant Blake

Key Quote:
From this graph and table, it is evident that supply can increase at the same rate as demand up until around 2010.
After that, production from the existing and new top 20 mines will stagnate while demand continues to go up by 16 million ounces per year.
After 2020, production from these large mines will begin to decline and this coupled with rising demand will accelerate the deficit.
The only hope for a surplus will be due to rising production by small mines up to 2010.

After 2010, I think it will be impossible for small mines to make up the deficiency.

...Of course, this is only one man's opinion, and predictions such as this have been wrong in the past. That having been said, using 2010 as a make or break year for slver production at least gives us an edge over talking heads on Main stream media AND the hard metals crowd (the PM boosters can be as bad as housing cheerleaders sometimes.)
Will 2010 mean less production of mined silver and higher prices?

Only time will tell.

I should have chosen "Cut-n-Paste" as a forum name, since that is what I do, mostly.

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  16:50:30  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
I for one have been reading such predictions for many, many years now. But that is not to say that I don't agree silver isn't due for a price increase independent of its monetary value. Will we hit 'peek silver' in 2010? Perhaps not, but I feel it will only become harder to find in the future and thus more expensive to mine.

Fanaticism is doubling one's efforts, yet forgetting one's purpose.
Go to Top of Page

pencilvanian
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2209 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  14:54:00  Show Profile Send pencilvanian a Private Message
File this under "silver conspiracy" theory.

Not recent enough for news and views, not based on facts or estimates, but still worth considering...

The Great Silver Mystery (...and the greatest secret of all time!)
Bix Weir

Excerpts

....During WWII, in order for the scientists to enrich enough Uranium for the A-bomb they had to make the largest electro magnet ever built. It would be called a Calutron and according to the narrator, they needed many tons of copper wiring which they claim was not available at the time due to war shortages. Instead of copper they went to the US Treasury and "borrowed" 14,700 TONS OF SILVER. ...14,700 tons of silver is about 470,000,000 ounces that were taken from the US vaults, made into silver wire and "busbars", and installed into the greatest secret project in the history of the world. Let's call that "deep storage silver" because, theoretically, the calutrons could be removed and the silver melted back into bars. As a matter of fact, according to the program and government statements, that is what was done in 1954.

It is interesting to note that the US Treasury also announced a silver purchase program with Mexico in 1941 the same time the silver was being transferred out of the Treasury to be used for Y-12.

The government claimed back in the 1950's that there was a new gaseous way to enrich plutonium, which there was, and the Calutrons were not needed.
But wait!
There are many articles on the internet showing that the Calutrons were in full operation until 1993, then shut down for 3 years and restarted in 1995. In a March 1999 news release Oakridge Laboratories said they got an order from the DOE to finally "retire" the calutrons.

The "official" line is that the silver was returned to the Treasury in 1954, but I see no reason for that to occur. The Treasury knew where the silver was and Y-12 was the most important manufacturing facility in human history to that point. This was classic disinformation on the part of the Treasury/Bankers. No way they would risk the Calutrons not working so they never sent the silver back, and Y-12 was operational until the mid-1990's when other priorities developed in the silver market.

There were 32 Calutrons with 8 of them used for plutonium processing. There was also silver used in the "busbars" for Y-12. I'm no nuclear scientist but lets assume that the Calutrons used about 14,000,000 oz each and the rest was used in the track. This is a stretch but my take is they shut down the 24 non-plutonium Calutrons in the 1993 "stand-down" and sent the silver back to Treasury to be used to suppress the price of silver. This coincides with the additional 10,000 tons of silver shipments to the UK from 1995-1998.

My Conclusions: (The author's conclusions)

1) The Manhattan Project needed and received 470,000,000 ozs of silver for the Calutrons in 1941.

2) There was no reason to "give back" the silver in 1954 because it would just sit in a vault and the enriched uranium was the most important item in the world to the new nuclear super power. According to the program, enriched uranium was very difficult to mass produce and the calutrons were the best at it.

3) The US could retrieve the silver when it was needed it by dismantling the calutrons.

4) The calutrons ran for 50 years without any technological obsolescence. You must be logged in to see this link.

5) In the 1990's something changed such that the US had to a) shutdown the calutrons for three years b) bring them back on line for a few years c) then completely dismantle them by order of the DOE.

6) From1995-1998 approximately 10,000 additional tons of US silver was exported to the UK to suppress the physical silver market on the LME.

7) The mid 1990's corresponds directly with the "strong dollar policy" (fixing of the commodity markets by Greenspan, Clinton, Rubin etc.)

...........Sounds a bit like conspiracy, I admit, but when it comes to military secrets, government behavior and financial manipulations, truth can be stranger than fiction.

I should have chosen "Cut-n-Paste" as a forum name, since that is what I do, mostly.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

479 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  23:16:52  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message

John F. Kennedy vs The Federal Reserve
Anthony Wayne

On June 4, 1963, a virtually unknown Presidential decree, Executive Order 11110, was signed with the authority to basically strip the Federal Reserve Bank of its power to loan money to the United States Federal Government at interest. With the stroke of a pen, President Kennedy declared that the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank would soon be out of business. The Christian Law Fellowship has exhaustively researched this matter through the Federal Register and Library of Congress. We can now safely conclude that this Executive Order has never been repealed, amended, or superceded by any subsequent Executive Order. In simple terms, it is still valid.

When President John Fitzgerald Kennedy - the author of Profiles in Courage -signed this Order, it returned to the federal government, specifically the Treasury Department, the Constitutional power to create and issue currency -money - without going through the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank. You must be logged in to see this link.] gave the Treasury Department the explicit authority: "to issue silver certificates against any silver bullion, silver, or standard silver dollars in the Treasury." This means that for every ounce of silver in the U.S. Treasury's vault, the government could introduce new money into circulation based on the silver bullion physically held there. As a result, more than $4 billion in United States Notes were brought into circulation in $2 and $5 denominations. $10 and $20 United States Notes were never circulated but were being printed by the Treasury Department when Kennedy was assassinated. It appears obvious that President Kennedy knew the Federal Reserve Notes being used as the purported legal currency were contrary to the Constitution of the united States of America.

[...]

to read the rest go here

Milan Kundera: "The struggle of people against power is the struggle of memory against forgetting."

Gregory Benford: "Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available."

Edited by - n/a on 05/13/2007 23:19:25
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2