Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Built me a coin sorter !
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tourney64
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  14:04:19  Show Profile Send Tourney64 a Private Message
BonPecheur,

Did you use an electric, or battery powered 12v source from Radio Shack? Particular model? What wiring did you do on the comparitor...i.e. Pin #1 (top) attach positive, Pin #4 Attach negative.

You bought your comparitor from this guy?
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

37 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  10:17:47  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Tourney64

BonPecheur,

Did you use an electric, or battery powered 12v source from Radio Shack? Particular model? What wiring did you do on the comparitor...i.e. Pin #1 (top) attach positive, Pin #4 Attach negative.

You bought your comparitor from this guy?

Hey Tourney, Its electric and was the cheapest 12v they had. Simple to wire, just cut off the adaptor and take each lead and attach per the instructions included in the comparator. Yes I did buy it from that guy.

BP
Go to Top of Page

horgad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1641 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  10:07:50  Show Profile Send horgad a Private Message
I got a request for more details on the el cheapo coin sorter that I built so I drew a picture that gives pretty good detail on the coin delivery system that I am using.

Edited by - horgad on 05/07/2007 10:10:31
Go to Top of Page

Metalophile
Penny Collector Member

USA
320 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  13:13:46  Show Profile Send Metalophile a Private Message
I bought one of those comparators, too, but I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. I don't sort enough (and I live far from Canada so can't sort Canadian nickels) to make it worth my while to buy a Ryedale Cadillac system.

I'm planning on using 12V Pb-acid gel cells as my voltage source - just because I have two or three in my garage (I'm a Ham radio operator, too, and use them to power radios).

I'll post my comparative comparator experience when I get around to trying it.

Metalophile
Go to Top of Page

Tourney64
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  19:37:05  Show Profile Send Tourney64 a Private Message
I have been working on my sorter for the last several weeks, mainly in the evenings. I finally got the electronics hooked up and sorted my first roll, and it worked great. Still need to tweak the feeding of the coins into the coin comparitor. I also need to finish the coin hopper, which will feed one coin at a time. In total I probably have $45 into the sorter. I may offer the complete plans and part list info for a nominal fee, once completed. I may build a 2nd sorter for my son, since I have a bunch of extra parts, since some items were purchased in higher quantity than what I used. I'll try to create a video once I complete mine.

I got my coin comparitor, which is the main part of the sorter, from this guy, and it had the wiring harness included which really helped:

Even though I've been able to make an inexpensive Coin sorter, I have a lot of respect for Ryedale's sorter. It's been a real challenge to build mine.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2