Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 WAR
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Canadian_Nickle
Penny Hoarding Member

Canada
938 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  20:49:53  Show Profile Send Canadian_Nickle a Private Message
"It's war, Smithers,"

"Shall I start the hoarding sir?"

"Yes, and the profiteering."

US ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

Jerusalem Post - The United States will be ready to launch a missile attack on Iran's nuclear facilities as soon as early this month, perhaps "from 4 a.m. until 4 p.m. on April 6," according to reports in the Russian media on Saturday.

According to Russian intelligence sources, the reports said, the US has devised a plan to attack several targets in Iran, and an assault could be carried out by launching missiles from fighter jets and warships stationed in the Persian Gulf.

Russian news agency RIA Novosti quoted a security official as saying, "Russian intelligence has information that the US Armed Forces stationed in the Persian Gulf have nearly completed preparations for a missile strike against Iranian territory."

You must be logged in to see this link.

HoardCode0.1: M28/5CAON:CA5Ni35000:CA1Cu1200:CA100Ag345:
CA10Ag250:CA50Ag100:CA25Ag30:CA500Ag48:US100Ag20:CA1000Ag16

How to read a HoardCode:

n/a
deleted

479 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  21:04:05  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
You might have waited until after April Fool's day had passed to post this one;)

I too believe that the USAUKISREAL will not be able to resist violence against at least one more victim before they ('we') are brought to their heels.

I don't think it will happen on the exact time mentioned because this leak is probably a way of making the Iranians loose sleep and therefore readiness.

I would not be surprised if I woke up one morning soon and the bombs were falling on Iran.
I would be saddened, but not surprised.
I also would not be surprised if no such thing happens.

I have no predictions to make, I just think that it is sad that violence is so readily available as a means of solving disputes.

Peace!

I think Norman Livergood's Essay, "Dollar Imperialism" is the best summary out there.
Go to Top of Page

Metalophile
Penny Collector Member

USA
320 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  00:55:36  Show Profile Send Metalophile a Private Message
OK, put yourself in the shoes of the Commander In Chief if the IDF. You know that Iran is working on building nuclear bombs and has the missiles to carry them. You know their leader has spoken repeatedly about wiping your nation off the face of the earth and driving its remnants into the Mediterranean Sea. Isn't the rational course of action to strike at Iran's nuclear sites using conventional bombs before Iran develops the capability of destroying your whole nation with a couple of nukes??

I think Iran's seizure of the British sailors is an effort to delay any strike at their nuclear facilities.

If/when the bombs start flying, what are your predictions for the prices of PM's and base metals?

Only thing I can say pretty much for sure is there will be a huge spike upward in price for all metals. However, if Iran and other muslim nations respond by cutting the supply of oil, then we're in for a deep depression and possibly deflation in the long run.

Metalophile
Go to Top of Page

Canadian_Nickle
Penny Hoarding Member

Canada
938 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  01:42:00  Show Profile Send Canadian_Nickle a Private Message
"If/when the bombs start flying, what are your predictions for the prices of PM's and base metals?"

Up 1 gazillion +

"I think Iran's seizure of the British sailors is an effort to delay any strike at their nuclear facilities"

I can think of oneother reason. Or, rather, over 100,000,000 reasons so far and counting:

How to read a HoardCode:
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

479 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  10:10:23  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Isreal already HAS nukes, lots and Lots and LOTS of nukes!
Small nukes, medium sized nukes, and large nukes.
They have them pointed directly into the face of Iranians.

The USA and the Soviet Union pointed nukes at each other's faces for 50 years and yet no war.

When there is a one way street, ie Isreal has the ability to kill Iran, but Iran is a sitting duck, that makes war MORE likely than if there is mutual assured destruction.
When there is a two way street, ie some kind of balance of power, that makes War LESS likely.

I can never understand how people who love guns and want the right to have guns can say that they don't want other people to have guns. It is pure hypocracy.

Imagine an Isreali living next door to an Iranian in suburban America.
The Isreali is Known to have Hundreds of the best guns money can buy.
The Iranian is Known to have no guns at all, but is rumoured to be building one in his basement.
Now imagine the guy with HUNDREDS of the best guns money can buy screaming like a baby
because he thinks the guy next door who everyone Agrees HAS NO GUNS is going to win some big conflict.

Who looks rational?
Who looks like he's trying to protect himself and his family?

Is it the guy with the awesome firepower and the history of using it on civilians, like the Lebanese neighbor?
Or is the guy who is trying to really defend himself by establishing some kind of balance?

PEACE!

I think Norman Livergood's Essay, "Dollar Imperialism" is the best summary out there.

Edited by - n/a on 04/02/2007 10:28:39
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

479 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  10:19:38  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
What will happen to metal prices is another issue.

If the straight of Hormuz is closed the price of oil will go up very fast.
Demand for industrial metals might very well go down.
Gold alone and perhaps Silver are really the money metals.

If commerce worldwide slows down due to unavailabilty of oil, then industrial metals should go down in price.

However, I don't think anyone should listen to me trying to predict the future, it's just that the qwestion was posed openly to the entire forum.

Edited by - n/a on 04/02/2007 10:39:20
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

103 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  10:51:35  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
If the dollar goes down, all metal prices will go up in relationship to it. If the dollar goes up, the price of the metals will go down in relationship to it.

The beauty of base metal coin hoarding is that you can hedge your bet either way.

The above post is intended for entertainment purposes only and in no way reflect the opinions of the flesh and blood person writing the text. All writings under the screen name "copperhead" are merely a characterization of the personna created.
Go to Top of Page

Cerulean
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  15:20:49  Show Profile Send Cerulean a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Atheist

The USA and the Soviet Union pointed nukes at each other's faces for 50 years and yet no war.

When there is a one way street, ie Isreal has the ability to kill Iran, but Iran is a sitting duck, that makes war MORE likely than if there is mutual assured destruction.
When there is a two way street, ie some kind of balance of power, that makes War LESS likely.

I can never understand how people who love guns and want the right to have guns can say that they don't want other people to have guns. It is pure hypocracy.

The Iranian is Known to have no guns at all, but is rumoured to be building one in his basement.
Now imagine the guy with HUNDREDS of the best guns money can buy screaming like a baby
because he thinks the guy next door who everyone Agrees HAS NO GUNS is going to win some big conflict.

Who looks rational?

Is it the guy with the awesome firepower and the history of using it on civilians, like the Lebanese neighbor?
Or is the guy who is trying to really defend himself by establishing some kind of balance?

PEACE!

Despite my better judgement, I'm voicing my disagreement with some of this.

First, you claim that a balance of power is safety against war. I think not. We all know from the Cold War that nuclear war didn't happen for almost half a century, but we only know that from hindsight. The world came close, several times, to perishing under nuclear skies... in 1962 when missiles were found in Cuba... in 1983 when Stanislav Petrov almost misread a radar glitch as an American ICBM strike (Wikipedia has a good article on Petrov that I recommend). USA and USSR had their fingers on the button, and hotheads wanted to push it. We owe our lives to the fact that they didn't. You call that safety from war?

Like a precariously perched sledgehammer, military buildups 'for balance' will do a lot more damage when it does topple. Unbalanced power leads to long-running regional conflicts, not armageddon.

Secondly, you imply that Israel uses weapons "on civilians, like the Lebanese neighbor". Israel is in the unenviable situation of having to do horrible things in order to exist. There is a distinction to be made between firing on civilians, and firing on attackers standing within a crowd of civilians.

I'd ask you what you'd do if a man were shooting at your children from an ambulance full of kids, but I think I already know your answer.

(I've also got a bone to pick with you about your older signature concerning 9/11, but that's another post altogether.)

No intent to cause a flame war, just wanted to voice my opinions. I second your call for... PEACE!

--------------------------
Penny Search Totals:
881 zincs (1982-2006) 77.1%
254 coppers (1959-1982) 22.2%
6 wheats (1940-1952)
1 dime (2004)
Go to Top of Page

Canadian_Nickle
Penny Hoarding Member

Canada
938 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  15:25:01  Show Profile Send Canadian_Nickle a Private Message
personally, positioned as I am, I'm in favour of war.

How to read a HoardCode:

Edited by - Canadian_Nickle on 04/02/2007 15:25:36
Go to Top of Page

Metalophile
Penny Collector Member

USA
320 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  07:55:02  Show Profile Send Metalophile a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Atheist

Who looks rational?

PEACE!

This doesn't make sense. Israel has had its nukes for a long time but they have not used them on Iran or any other sitting duck country. Problem is that Israel is such a small country area wise that two or three well-placed nukes could effectively destroy the whole country.

Metalophile
Go to Top of Page

horgad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1641 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  12:10:41  Show Profile Send horgad a Private Message
"This doesn't make sense. Israel has had its nukes for a long time but they have not used them on Iran or any other sitting duck country. Problem is that Israel is such a small country area wise that two or three well-placed nukes could effectively destroy the whole country."

The bottom line is that US has nukes and telling other countries that they can not have nukes because of "<insert your choice of political mumbo jumbo here>" is blatantly hypocritical. I would much rather see an honest politician say "I know it is not fair to Iran, but it is in our best interests to monopolize weapons of mass destruction as best we can. So we are going to bomb the crap out of them."

If given the chance, I might even support that decision, but not being able to believe anything that the propoganda machine spits out makes it hard to support or not support any of government's decisions.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

37 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  13:58:21  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Canadian_Nickle

personally, positioned as I am, I'm in favour of war.

How to read a HoardCode:

OMG!
Go to Top of Page

Canadian_Nickle
Penny Hoarding Member

Canada
938 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  16:52:02  Show Profile Send Canadian_Nickle a Private Message
Well, I mean, if you're pretty sure war is coming, you make plans for it in yr portfolio. So, in a way, you hope that your prediction will be right.

How to read a HoardCode:
Go to Top of Page

c140cessna
Penny Collector Member

USA
419 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  10:52:36  Show Profile Send c140cessna a Private Message
I going to make some BIG Predictions here....but please remember, I'm a complete kook....so, don't follow my crazy advice.....

Firstly, - to answer the base question: If any type of war/conflict seriously gets underway with US/UK/Isreal/Iran....oil north of $100 will be an instant reality. I like a fairly historical ratio of Oil:Gold of 1:10....thus predict a very fast run-up in Gold to $1000/toz. Using current rough 50:1 Sliver:Gold ratio....silver would go to $20.....this would all happen inside 1 week if anything serious get's going...like oil shipment issues in the straights of Hormuz, or if US/UK/Isreal first strike with aircraft and some of those MOAB 20,000 lb high explosive bunker busters on strategic targets. If it ever goes nuclear....no idea....there is no upper limit on PM's at that piont in time...$3000 Gold....$100-$200 Sliver....$300 oil???

I give a serious conventional conflict a 50/50 chance with the next 12 months.....I also give Nuclear Conflict a less that 5% probability within the next 2 years.....

Protracted ground war(s)....base metals up...don't know how much...but based on very low LME inventory levels of nearly all base metals....still calling for most of these to go up 50%+ regardless of world conflict....within the next 3-5 years....not including any weakness in the dollar they are priced in.....this would be an additional multiplier.

Longer term, regardless of war, I feel the dollar will decline enough within the next 5-8 years to take the dollar index down to below 40 from the current 80 (was 120 just 2 years ago...)....this alone will push Gold to $1300 and Oil to $120/bbl (and will double all base metals $). Might even happen in as short of time as 3 years....Additionally, while this is happening, the stock markets will be tanking and this will drive investment demand for the PM's up....lets say another 30% to 50%....so, Gold in 5-8 years = $1700 - $2000. Dollar dominated assets (read as cash/stocks)....down 30% to 50% in the next 5-8 years.....get out now while you still can....buy all the base metals/PM hard assets you can...also ETF's...and some mining stocks...but the Mining Stocks/ETF's can be like the story of "tossing the baby out with the bath water"....when merkets panic, everything sells....even the good stuff that people/sheeple should be seeking for security....that is why there is no substitute for physical metal. If sheeple use logic and reason, these mining stocks should go up 1.5X to 3X the move in their related metals.

Sliver (long term) will also return to the rough historical ratio of 17 Sliver : 1 Gold....thus my long term outlook on Silver (with Gold at $1700 to $2000) is $100 to $120. Additionally, Silver is not like useless gold...it has many/no-substitute industrial applications....this is another lever pushing silver up over time....

Again, even if we have monster deflation here in the USA due to credit collapse/stalled economy/housing super bubble bust HERE INSIDE THE USA).....or none of this happens and we have monster double digit internal inflation......the World is commenting and will comment on our FIAT DOLLAR via the Dollar Index - which has lost 1/3 of it's relative strength in just 2 years. Our dollar is doooooomed! There will be 80M+ boomers sucking on the government teet in the next 10 years....our Present Value Defecit is not the ungodly $10T as advertised....but actually $60T due to underfunding of future entitlements. The M3 money supply odometer has been disconnected and the cyber-printing press is minting inflationary dollars right now....

At the same time - the world population will keep moving forward from 6B+ to 10B+ in the next 15 years....and all these people will need base ,metals (I include Silver as a base metal due to industrial useage)....and their standards of living will continue to improve, which will further multiply demand for raw materials.....the world can and will grow and prosper with or without us......SO! but all the "stuff of life"....metals/energy/raw materials you can....and run screaming from everything DOLLAR RELATED!

40 year old guy trying to look out for my family. My great country is headed for the dumpster....and worst yet, no one knows/cares it is happening.....
Go to Top of Page

Canadian_Nickle
Penny Hoarding Member

Canada
938 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  03:02:15  Show Profile Send Canadian_Nickle a Private Message
"At the same time - the world population will keep moving forward from 6B+ to 10B+ in the next 15 years"

Nope. We're way beyond carrying capacity as it is. look for a massive die off in the 3 to 7 year range as global warming/oil depletion leads to famines like we've never known.

How to read a HoardCode:
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

86 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  08:31:38  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
I Agree. The way I see it this planet will simply not sustain 7 bil. people. Something bad is probably going to happen in the "not so distant" future. If it does, lets hope that it won't be nuclear related.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

479 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  09:28:12  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Cerulean:
I agree that Mutual Assured Destruction is indeed a MAD policy.
But asking the guy who doesn't have any weapons to get of his is CRAZY if the guy with all the weapons is NOT asked to give up his.

Take the Virginia Tech Example.
Asking Iran to give up its weapons program but not asking Isreal to give up theirs is exactly like asking the student victims at Virginia Tech to give up their weapons and NOT asking the Cho Seung-Hui, the 23 year old Korean gunman to give up his weapons.

Peace!!!

PS:
You've succeeded in prompting me to return my signature to the 911 truth movement.

Watch this video CAREFULLY.
The BBC reported that Building Seven HAD ALREADY collapsed, but their newswoman was standing in front of a live video feed of Building Seven STILL STANDING.
The BBC knew in advance that Building Seven was going to collapse. They have NOT denied that authenticity of this Video.
Just watch the video!!!!!

Edited by - n/a on 04/18/2007 09:32:30
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

86 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  15:31:58  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
I Agree. The way I see it this planet will simply not sustain 7 bil. people. Something bad is probably going to happen in the "not so distant" future. If it does, lets hope that it won't be nuclear related.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

479 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  19:32:56  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
if i had a rocket launcher,
there would be a second amendment worth mentioning

Bruce roosterburn wrote this in Chiapas Mexico in 1983.

"
Here comes the helicopter -- second time today
Everybody scatters and hopes it goes away
How many kids they've murdered only God can say
If I had a rocket launcher...I'd make somebody pay
I don't believe in guarded borders and I don't believe in hate
I don't believe in generals or their stinking torture states
And when I talk with the survivors of things too sickening to relate
If I had a rocket launcher...I would retaliate
On the Rio Lacantun, one hundred thousand wait
To fall down from starvation -- or some less humane fate
Cry for guatemala, with a corpse in every gate
If I had a rocket launcher...I would not hesitate
I want to raise every voice -- at least I've got to try
Every time I think about it water rises to my eyes.
Situation desperate, echoes of the victims cry
If I had a rocket launcher...Some son of a bitch would die
"

The Second Amendment of the bill of rights of the US Constitution says Nothing about Rocket Launchers.
It says Nothing about Tanks.
It says NOTHING about REAL power.
It says Nothing about anything that could actually be used to defend freedom.
It talks BS about some idealized and Hypothetical, "Well REGULATED Militia", which the framers KNEW could be controlled by the PTB.

Disclaimer:
Rock Launchers are NOT protected by the Second Amendment. Do NOT try this at home.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2