Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Related Topics, Learning and Information
 Realcent.forumco.com Operations and Policy Stmts
 Realcent Treasurer Appointed
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  14:11:07  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
CoinHunter has accepted an appointed as Realcent's treasurer. CoinHunter's duties will include the accounting of any free-will donations towards keeping advertisements off of realcent. In addition, he has a plan to get the treasury started through a generous (copper) donation of his own.

I'll let him explain his plan.

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.

Neckro
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Saudi Arabia
2080 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  14:21:03  Show Profile  Send Neckro an AOL message  Click to see Neckro's MSN Messenger address  Send Neckro a Yahoo! Message Send Neckro a Private Message
Ad blocker programs help =)

Trolling is an art.
Go to Top of Page

CoinHunter53562
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  14:35:49  Show Profile Send CoinHunter53562 a Private Message
Hi everyone...I have volunteered to help out as treasurer for realcent. The startup donation that Ardent referred to is from the Market Harmony contest to name his one pound bar. I was lucky enough to win this, and the prize was serial #2 for the 1 pound bars that MH offers.

It was brought to our attention that the word "whopper" is a trademark of Burger King, so it's up to MH to decide if he goes forward with the use of the name. If he doesnt, I totally support his decision and I would move forward with another item to auction off.

The proceeds from the sale will go towards keeping our site ad free and for any other administrative costs that come up. I dont believe the forum is looking for any donations at the moment, but I will check with the management team to see if this is something we want to offer on an ongoing basis, or if there are certain limited times of the year that we want to accept donations.

My hobby: collecting real money 1 copper cent or nickel at a time.

Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  19:46:40  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
Yes, unlike just about everyone or everything in this country now we are NOT currently in need of donations. We live like spartans around here. ;)

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

highroller4321
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2648 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  21:15:53  Show Profile Send highroller4321 a Private Message
CONGRATS My coinhunter!

Also thank you for your donation to help keep the site ad free!

I know the site is not in need of donations at the moment, but if a time comes that it does I am more than willing to help out!

Copper Penny Investing
www.portlandmint.com
Go to Top of Page

CoinHunter53562
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  22:32:10  Show Profile Send CoinHunter53562 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by highroller4321

CONGRATS My coinhunter!

I know the site is not in need of donations at the moment, but if a time comes that it does I am more than willing to help out!

Rumor has it that you just got a free Franklin half in the mail in VF-20 or better. Do you know anything about that?

Go to Top of Page

vrbsroma
Penny Collector Member

394 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  10:20:30  Show Profile Send vrbsroma a Private Message
Sorry for that bummer about the "Whopper" trademark. Great minds think alike (CoinHunter and Burger King's VP MArketing)!

As far as I know, it is stated "In God We Trust" on the US dollar. How can I trust this currency if I do not believe in God?

Possession is nine-tenths of the law.

When I give my two cents, they're always copper!
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  12:44:36  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
Any trademark is only valid against the products trademarked (like a burger) and then you must use your trademark to keep it valid. I highly doubt that Burger King trademarked Whooper in relation to copper bars and they definately do not use it.

If you open a burger joint and start selling Whoppers then BK can complain about you. If you start selling Whopper copper bars and are not in the burger business they have no claim against you.

While I am not qualified to provide legal advise, this is my personal understanding of trademark law from using it and business education.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  16:53:14  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
All I want to know is if Coinhunter has paid all his' taxes. If he didn't, he might just be using this as a springboard to a cabinet job.

Go to Top of Page

CoinHunter53562
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  16:58:33  Show Profile Send CoinHunter53562 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by fb101

All I want to know is if Coinhunter has paid all his' taxes. If he didn't, he might just be using this as a springboard to a cabinet job.

LOL!! Shhhhh....that was our secret!

Go to Top of Page

highroller4321
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2648 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  22:13:15  Show Profile Send highroller4321 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by CoinHunter53562

quote:
Originally posted by highroller4321

CONGRATS My coinhunter!

Rumor has it that you just got a free Franklin half in the mail in VF-20 or better. Do you know anything about that?

If I did get a Franklin in the mail, he would have be immeditly been put away and locked up. But I really have no idea what your talking about However, this rumored Ben Franklin might have friends that could come play

Copper Penny Investing
www.portlandmint.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2