Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals
 Anyone bought from SouthernCoinsAndPrecious Metals
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wolvesdad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2008 :  19:58:43  Show Profile Send wolvesdad a Private Message
You must be logged in to see this link.

I just got in an order that I purchased nearly a month ago when silver first dropped below $13 an ounce.

First of all, I had bought mostly Walkers(half dollars), but he didn't deliver. I ended up getting mixed halves for the walkers, and quarters for the mixed halves that I bought. He made up for the difference a bit by adding to the face value a little,

but I GOT 4 clad(non-silver quarters) and 1 silver clad half.

This is a huge discrepencey..... One clad would have been enough, but Four!?????

So I'm just curious what good or bad expereinces have been had with Southern.

I will keep you posted on how he seeks to resolve this mistake.

"May your percentages ever increase!"

wolvesdad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  01:55:50  Show Profile Send wolvesdad a Private Message
Well, spoke with a lady there today and sounded like they will make it right.

Maybe they got hoodwinked by their dealer, but they should have been more careful not to pass along the discrepency to me.

I asked if they are selling silver right now and the answer was 'No.' Too bad.

If the spot price on 'paper/electronic' silver wasn't so underpriced, but as is everything has an ungly premium on it.

Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  06:18:47  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
Are you going to have to ship back all the quarters and the clads that they shipped you? Who foots the return shipping if you do? I hope everything works out for you. Keep us posted.

Deal

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

139 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  18:17:15  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
i never bought from them but from several others in the past.
ive been short 5-10 quarters in a bag before and have been over other times the same quantity.
it happens when they get someone to dropship or have other people count and bag the money.
ive got about a roll of barber quarters in a washington only bag once. so you got to look, at least you caught it in time and they should make it right. ive waited months before on large silver purchases. gold seems to ship rather fast. just my observation.
Go to Top of Page

Tourney64
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  19:47:30  Show Profile Send Tourney64 a Private Message
I've bought from them for several years and never had any issue with them. They have always been prompt on shipping as well. I like them becasue their prices are reasonable for smaller orders. They handle smaller orders or bulk ones. I usually buy 40 Silver Eagles every year, and I've bought numerous batches of Pre 21 Morgans.

Edited by - Tourney64 on 09/17/2008 20:00:11
Go to Top of Page

eharrison
Penny Pincher Member

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  20:36:59  Show Profile Send eharrison a Private Message
I have made most all my silver buys from them and found them through realcent. I have never had anything but good to say from them. Is there any way to order smaller ammounts without the even higher premium? From any other dealers......better deals? I realize that at the current prices that might be a rhetorical question.

Freedom is popular
That's why I voted
Ron Paul!
Go to Top of Page

wolvesdad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2008 :  21:01:39  Show Profile Send wolvesdad a Private Message
Silver 'makeup' has been received. They made good(except for not the original purchase of Walkers), but silver wise they made up for the clad(copper/nickel) quarters eroneously included.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2