Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals
 New "Lending window" for Freddy and Fanny
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Delawhere Jack
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1680 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  10:51:28  Show Profile Send Delawhere Jack a Private Message
The only time better than Friday evening to announce controversial news it appears, is Sunday morning. The US Gov has taken control of the GSE's, and will open a new "lending window" (or will it be a GAPING HOLE) for them. But rest easy folks, Mr Paulson assures us that any lending will be on the FEDS TERMS!! How reassuring.

World PM spot market opens in a little over six hours. Eat an early supper, make some popcorn, open Kitco's page and watch the fireworks. It should make for some very interesting viewing.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." Thomas Jefferson

ScottyTX
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  11:42:30  Show Profile Send ScottyTX a Private Message
Hold on, I'm assuming that it will go up because of this, along with India's 45% increase on imports for gold. I'm thinking it just might be a great time to buy, right now but my funds won't be here until next weekend sigh!!!
Go to Top of Page

Delawhere Jack
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1680 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  12:03:30  Show Profile Send Delawhere Jack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ScottyTX

Hold on, I'm assuming that it will go up because of this,

That's what makes it so interesting. Logic tells me PM's should go up on this news, and the dollar should drop. But nothing seems to be behaving logically lately. Equities, the dollar, PM's, oil, other commodities are all moving counter intuitively.

Silver is now around 37% below it's 200 day moving average (funny all the new terminology we're learning) which is historically unheard of. There's been a lot of speculation on why this has occurred, yet no smoking gun has been found!?! In our INFORMATION AGE noone can determine in short order who shorted PM's to so severly undercut them?

I won't even try to predict what's going to happen. I'm just eagerly awaiting the 15th to place another order. Think I'll get some ASE's to go with my Maples. Liberty is more attractive than the gal on the Maples, maybe that explains the higher premium.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

ScottyTX
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  12:22:36  Show Profile Send ScottyTX a Private Message
I'm wanting a few rolls of the phil harmonics(spelling??), and maybe a case of the silver eagles, just trying to round up that much cash in about a week, should be interesting. I hope silver contiues to drop or stay roughly where it is now or I might get sick at my stomach.
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  13:18:19  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Going to a coin show today hunting more silver and gold.. should be interesting to see what spreads are today.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

Delawhere Jack
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1680 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  20:44:17  Show Profile Send Delawhere Jack a Private Message
As of 9:48 pm eastern, nothing too dramatic in the Asian market. We'll see what tomorrow brings in the US.

You must be logged in to see this link. The World Spot Price - Asia/Europe/NY markets

MARKET IS OPEN
(Will close in 19 hrs. 31 mins.)
Metals Date Time (EST) Bid Ask Change from NY Close
GOLD 09/07/2008 21:44 815.60 816.60 +12.70 +1.58%

Metals Date Time (EST) Bid Ask Change from NY Close
SILVER 09/07/2008 21:44 12.69 12.75 +0.47 +3.85%

Edited by - Delawhere Jack on 09/07/2008 20:46:36
Go to Top of Page

ScottyTX
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  21:57:51  Show Profile Send ScottyTX a Private Message
ohh boy yeah I just checked it, its only 33c up right now, boy I am sure wishing it will stay under 13.00 before next weekend.

Scotty
Go to Top of Page

moboman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2555 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  22:12:23  Show Profile Send moboman a Private Message
I put off a trip to the coin store from today till tomorrow because I was working on moving into a new apartment. Now I'm mad at myself, debating on not going, but I want some more jackson metals bars! and I'm sure they wont be there if silver goes back down.

"99% of all lawyers give the rest of them a bad name"

Go to Top of Page

Copper Catcher
Administrator

USA
2092 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  09:07:57  Show Profile Send Copper Catcher a Private Message
Ok...help me get this right, the government takes over Fannie and Freddie, which together hold or guarantees $5 trillion in mortgages - almost half the nation's total and silver is dropping like a rock! This can mean only one thing! We are now in the Twilight Zone.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Catcher
Administrator

USA
2092 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  09:19:33  Show Profile Send Copper Catcher a Private Message
By the way, I might add, I believe this is on top of the national debt figure of over 9 Trillon!!! You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  11:21:57  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
The slight drop in silver prices this morning is all my fault.. I bought a little yesterday.. 40 Englehard Prospectors and 20 Liberty Rounds.. So shiny!

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

longhorn
Penny Sorter Member

80 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  15:20:19  Show Profile Send longhorn a Private Message
I wonder if George W. is still denying the government bailout of Freddie and Fannie. Strangely, I haven't heard of any comments by him on this.

Obey Gresham's Law
Go to Top of Page

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  17:21:35  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
I'm thinking they knew this was coming so they pulled out all the stops to break the dollar downtrend before they pulled this trick off. Had this news hit 3 months ago..... whew!

Go to Top of Page

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  17:31:26  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
I had to repost because after reading about the tear in the space time continuum, I've finally figured out what's going on. Everyone's been scratching their heads trying to figure out the next bubble, well I did. It's the dollar!

Go to Top of Page

Delawhere Jack
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1680 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  17:43:32  Show Profile Send Delawhere Jack a Private Message
Maybe this madness will be stopped cold. Courts could derail Fannie and Freddie bailout plan

You must be logged in to see this link.

Anthony M. Freed

Excerpt:

Each share of Fannie and Freddie amounts to a vote in the GSE’s governance. These votes have been effectively seized illegally in violation of both the Fourth Amendment and the Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America.

In a case of Illegal Seizure of property by the Government, it would be highly likely that the Courts would order that the Government to compensate those damaged by the seizure with the fair market value of the seized property.

This would put a big damper in the Government’s Plan to screw the stockholders while they Bailout Their Chinese Overlords - remember, we have to keep these guys happy so they will keep lending us money to keep the Government Open and functioning - as well as rescuing the soon to be Fondooed Regional Banks.

Any attorneys out there looking to make a name for themselves? TenBears?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2