Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals
 Very interesting perspective on Silver
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  10:53:05  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
You must be logged in to see this link.

I have not verified anything this guy wrote, and I don't agree with it 100%, but he does make some pretty valid points.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog

kavajava
Penny Collector Member

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  14:46:57  Show Profile Send kavajava a Private Message
Good article--check out this article by Franklin Sanders as well:
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

pencilvanian
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2209 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  18:45:28  Show Profile Send pencilvanian a Private Message
Silver may be in tight supply in many areas but there are pockets of silver still available. My dealer in PA has pre 65 dimes, quarters and halves (not clad) still available to the silver buying public. I would say that that the last time I looked (this past friday) he had about 10 pounds of dimes, 12 pounds of quarters, 20 pounds of halves and 20-25 pounds of Morgans and Peace Dollars. He lets customers pick out what they want since it is all junk silver to him, he resells to smelters the truly junk culls and lets the better stuff get sold to coin/silver buyers who sort for coins in better condition.(I have picked up some nice BU quarters and halves this way.)

The pre 65 coins in question are kept in rectangular tubs behind the counter and he picks them up, sits them on the counter and lets the customer pick out what they want.

He seemd to have a good supply of .999 bars and ingots though I din't pay close attention since I wanted pre 65 coins this time.

Footnote, the dealer is near an navy air base so maybe some of the servicemen and women sell what they have to the dealer to pay their bills until payday rolls around (at least this seems like a possibility.)

(Some days I can't spell worth a darb.)

Edited by - pencilvanian on 08/16/2008 18:50:44
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

139 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  08:23:09  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
i agree there is plenty of silver out there.
the coin shop i go to seems to have an endless supply.
i usually buy 1 roll of engelhard rounds a week until he sold out a few weeks ago. so ive been getting ASE , leaves, JM, or those "strategic stockpile" rounds. i asked how many i can buy at once and he said more than i can carry. and next week he will have the prospectors back in stock for me at spot. so hes getting them somewhere for cheap to make a profit at spot.
Go to Top of Page

kavajava
Penny Collector Member

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  10:27:40  Show Profile Send kavajava a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by scott71578

and next week he will have the prospectors back in stock for me at spot. so hes getting them somewhere for cheap to make a profit at spot.

That's a great deal--what state are you in? I'd love to be able to walk into a store and buy Prospectors at spot--especially at current spot prices...
Go to Top of Page

Lemon Thrower
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1588 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  11:54:50  Show Profile Send Lemon Thrower a Private Message
a $500 or $1000 FV bag 90% used to sell for a 1% to 5% discount to face. spread was higher for lesser amounts.

Buying:
Peace/Morgan G+ at $15.00
copper cents at 1.3X
wheat pennies at 3X

Go to Top of Page

Lemon Thrower
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1588 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  12:04:09  Show Profile Send Lemon Thrower a Private Message
Ted Butler and Ed Steer of GATA beleive that 90% of the price action is from the interplay between the momentum funds and the bullion banks. they don't expect much price action until the price moves above the 200 and 50 dma's. that's when teh momentum funds will jump back in.

Buying:
Peace/Morgan G+ at $15.00
copper cents at 1.3X
wheat pennies at 3X

Go to Top of Page

Copper Catcher
Administrator

USA
2092 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  11:46:07  Show Profile Send Copper Catcher a Private Message
scott71578 sent you a message.... I would love to get a deal on Engelhard, JM and A-Mark bars...
Go to Top of Page

moboman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2555 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2008 :  01:05:08  Show Profile Send moboman a Private Message
quote:

Once again, the beauty of silver and gold is that they are luxury items, and you cannot eat them. This is why higher prices for gold and silver should hurt nobody, and benefit everyone. Higher prices for precious metals make mining profitable, which should encourage byproduct production of essential things like copper, zinc, and lead, which the developing world desperately needs to be able to continue to industrialize, which will help them to modernize, and produce the food that the world needs.

and in the meantime no one can afford to put wire in a new building, bullets are more expensive, copper everything is being stolen. Is this guy serious???

"99% of all lawyers give the rest of them a bad name"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2