Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals
 Question about eisenhowers
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neckro
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Saudi Arabia
2080 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  13:24:50  Show Profile  Send Neckro an AOL message  Click to see Neckro's MSN Messenger address  Send Neckro a Yahoo! Message Send Neckro a Private Message
According to You must be logged in to see this link. The 71-76's are 40%Silver, But is that for all the coins? Or just special minted ones?

Trolling is an art.

kavajava
Penny Collector Member

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  13:30:25  Show Profile Send kavajava a Private Message
Just the special silver ones--if you look up the page to the top chart you can see the value for the clad dollars...
Go to Top of Page

simplicitycounts
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
535 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  13:30:42  Show Profile Send simplicitycounts a Private Message
At coinflation, click on the Eisenhower blue link, then it says:

All of the silver "Ike" coins were minted at the San Francisco Mint in 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, and 1976. These coins were either uncirculated or proof. Uncirculated coins came in cellophane with a blue plastic token in a blue envelope. Proof issues came in a proof set-like plastic case in a fancy brown wood colored box with a gold seal on back. The uncirculated coins are referred to as 'Blue Ikes' and the proofs as 'Brown Ikes'. Coins minted in 1975 and 1976 for the Bicentennial come with the quarter and the half dollar of that year. The uncirculated coins were sold by the Mint for three dollars; the proof version for ten dollars. Two varieties of the dollar were produced in 1976 and can be distinguished by the thickness of the lettering.
Go to Top of Page

Neckro
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Saudi Arabia
2080 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  14:21:39  Show Profile  Send Neckro an AOL message  Click to see Neckro's MSN Messenger address  Send Neckro a Yahoo! Message Send Neckro a Private Message
Thanks a lot, so only the proof ones are the silver ones?

Trolling is an art.
Go to Top of Page

Neckro
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Saudi Arabia
2080 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  14:23:37  Show Profile  Send Neckro an AOL message  Click to see Neckro's MSN Messenger address  Send Neckro a Yahoo! Message Send Neckro a Private Message
My bad, so it's the S mint mark that tells you?

Trolling is an art.
Go to Top of Page

Neckro
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Saudi Arabia
2080 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  14:47:36  Show Profile  Send Neckro an AOL message  Click to see Neckro's MSN Messenger address  Send Neckro a Yahoo! Message Send Neckro a Private Message
Ignore me, I'll just use my scale and weigh them.

Trolling is an art.
Go to Top of Page

Lemon Thrower
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1588 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  15:10:09  Show Profile Send Lemon Thrower a Private Message
I think its all the mint set and proof set coins, and these have an S mint mark. I'm not 100% sure though.

Buying:
Peace/Morgan G+ at $15.00
copper cents at 1.3X
wheat pennies at 3X

Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  16:28:25  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
You guys are just trying to confuse me.. LOL.

They made both Proof and BU silver and clad Ikes. Just put them on the scale. The circ clad ones do have a small premium at this time.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2