Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Glory CN12 but broken!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  23:56:45  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
You must be logged in to see this link.

Anyone... HCBTT think this is a repairable item? If it could be fixed up it would be a real deal!

Another possibility - a MAGNER 915 ELECTRIC COIN COUNTER CHANGE SORTER 1800PM
You must be logged in to see this link.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog

Edited by - jadedragon on 05/31/2008 00:29:10

Saul Mine
Penny Collector Member

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2008 :  07:38:22  Show Profile Send Saul Mine a Private Message
I know nothing about the Glory, but there are two possibilities: either electronic or mechanical counter. Either way it's likely an accumulation of crud either blocking the photocell or jamming the microswitch.

For $300 delivered, it's iffy. It's easy enough to count coins with a digital scale.

A penny sorted is a penny earned!

Please use tinyurl.com to post links. Long links make posts hard to read.
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2008 :  16:44:54  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
I already had a watch on that auction. You might be able to get it working and you might not. I wouldn't mind having it for spare parts, but the price is kind of steep for a non-working machine. Would hate to pay that much plus shipping for a boat anchor. I have 2 of these machines already and have been very happy with them.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2008 :  18:23:55  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
I'm not mechanically inclined... so would need someone to service it. Have so far been unable to identify a company that services or sells these locally in BC. So I'm going to pass. Too much for a machine that is not working.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2008 :  19:12:42  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
I have some mechanical aptitude.. plus I am very familiar with this particular model of machine.. but not sure I want to gamble at that price. If it was cheaper I might be more tempted. They are really good quality machines when they are working properly.. but if you have to pay somone to repair it then it can get expensive in a hurry.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  04:06:18  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Not broken.. the consignment shop just didn't know how to operate it properly.

I decided to take a chance and pop for it. I figured I could probably get it running, and if not I would have spare parts for my other 2 Glory CN-12 machines. Also, in going back and looking at the pictures again I noticed that the dials were set wrong when they took the pics. Being very familiar with this model of machine I knew that if they tried to run it with the dials set the way they were in the pic that the machine would do exactly what they said the problem was. It looked like they were just a consignment shop that had no idea how to operate this machine. It arrived today. I dialed it in. and it worked like a charm! So I got a great deal on a machine that is worth about $500. They originally sold for over $4k. I now have triplets of this particular machine. Sort of like a mini-hoard!

Go to Top of Page

tmaring
Penny Collector Member

USA
302 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  09:22:35  Show Profile Send tmaring a Private Message
Nice addition to the mini-hoard! Yeah... my "hoard" of equipment and tooling far out-weighs my hoard of coins and coining metal. But that's okay! I have a particular love for turn-of-the-century iron and steel... grew up around smelters and machine shops and foundries and that particular smell of hot metal. Some people hate it, but it seems nostaligic to me now. There is something indefinably lovely about a machine that weighs 3000 pounds, has just two moving parts, is over a hundred years old, and still works like the day it was made. Keep grease on it, don't abuse it, and it will STILL be working a thousand years from now!
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  11:10:11  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
Well at least Hoard could use it ... or it will gather dust there as he already has two of them. Nice score hoard. If I keep getting new coin rolls I will never need a counter. Just pick it up, open box, drop it off.

Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

moboman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2555 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  13:18:13  Show Profile Send moboman a Private Message
congrats hcbt. I saw the knobs were wrong in the picture, but I didn't want to take a chance on a machine that I would have no use for if it didn't work.
one of these days ill grow my machine hoard.
I think my best machine so far is the paper tape machine.

"99% of all lawyers give the rest of them a bad name"

Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  13:52:02  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
legacy.. you wouldn't even have to open the box if you had the right scale. Can't you sell the shiny ones for a small premium?

moboman.. What is this paper tape machine you speak of? Do I need one of those?

I took a chance on it because I was reasonably confident I could get it running without hiring outside help and worse case scenario was I would have had spare parts for my other machines. Don't worry, it is not gathering dust.. I already have it on the production line.

Go to Top of Page

moboman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2555 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  16:28:08  Show Profile Send moboman a Private Message
I win!!! something hoard doesnt have!

"99% of all lawyers give the rest of them a bad name"

Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  18:52:16  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
I was looking at them on eBay the other day.

Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  19:12:19  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HoardCopperByTheTon

legacy.. you wouldn't even have to open the box if you had the right scale. Can't you sell the shiny ones for a small premium?

Thanks for sending me to work this out:
7.9 kg for full box of Canadian Steel Nickels plus packaging
9.08 kg for full box of pure Ni
9.20 kg for full box of Canadian CuNi

US Nickels are even heavier at 5 g instead of 4.54 g for the Canadian pure Ni.

The Nickel boxes are circulated, but all steel. I also now have a lifetime supply of 2008 Canadian BU pennies too. Might throw some of them in a deep closet too, or maybe try listing on ebay.

Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2