Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 Pounds to Ounces?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hector6man
Penny Pincher Member

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2008 :  08:25:53  Show Profile Send hector6man a Private Message
Hey guys I have a question? Can and will nickel convert from pounds to ounces in the future? If so why or why not? Has any metal in the past change from pounds to ounces? Thanks!

"Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses." -George Washington

horgad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1641 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2008 :  09:42:35  Show Profile Send horgad a Private Message
I would say no. It is an industrial metal not a monetary one and I think that it will most likely stay that way. Industries are not interested in buying/selling nickel in small amounts. Most of them are buying it by the ton...same with copper. In general, I think it is the use of the metal as much as or more so than the price that drives how it is quoted.
Go to Top of Page

fiatboy
Administrator

912 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2008 :  22:32:35  Show Profile Send fiatboy a Private Message
one ounce = 0.911458333 troy ounce
one troy ounce = 1.09714286 ounces

1 pound = 14.58333 troy ounces
1 troy pound = 12 troy ounces

Precious metals are measured in troy units. Copper, Nickel, and other non-precious metals are measured in avoirdupois units (like chicken and bananas).

"Bart, it's not about how many stocks you have, it's about how much copper wire you can get out of the building." --- Homer Simpson
Go to Top of Page

fiatboy
Administrator

912 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2008 :  22:35:03  Show Profile Send fiatboy a Private Message
Now to answer your question, I doubt it. The only metal that might change would be copper from avoirdupois pounds to troy ounces, but I doubt it.

"Bart, it's not about how many stocks you have, it's about how much copper wire you can get out of the building." --- Homer Simpson
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2008 :  06:31:20  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
Metals such as Cobalt are already over dollars per troy ounce yet they haven't been prices as such. If and when demand for such metals starts to come in the form of ounces then perhaps a dual pricing system will develop.

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

DesertTumbleweed402
Penny Pincher Member

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  22:57:38  Show Profile Send DesertTumbleweed402 a Private Message
That would be a dream if that conversion were to happen!

I enjoy taking long walks off short piers.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2