Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 New to the Forum......Amusement Co Find
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  11:24:56  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
My Grandmother hoarded pennies from the 50's till around 1975. I have hundreds of pounds of pennies that my wife and I have been pulling out wheats and selling in 5lb lots on Ebay. Things have been going well except I think I need to go to 2.0x reading glasses. I am interest in the best outlet to sell the 1959-1975 coins. Many are of very fine condition and have not been searched for key dates, mistakes or DD's etc. I saw the $.0175 offer to buy somewhere in here......I would entertain that or other offers. I am in SC. Any advice would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

WilliamC
Penny Collector Member

USA
471 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  12:27:19  Show Profile Send WilliamC a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by SCBoykin

My Grandmother hoarded pennies from the 50's till around 1975. I have hundreds of pounds of pennies that my wife and I have been pulling out wheats and selling in 5lb lots on Ebay. Things have been going well except I think I need to go to 2.0x reading glasses. I am interest in the best outlet to sell the 1959-1975 coins. Many are of very fine condition and have not been searched for key dates, mistakes or DD's etc. I saw the $.0175 offer to buy somewhere in here......I would entertain that or other offers. I am in SC. Any advice would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

South Carolina eh? I wish I lived a bit closer and I'd drive over to buy some from you.

If it were me I'd sort out the best quality and sell the remainder for the metal value. Also buy some of the penny books from coin dealers and you could put together some complete sets, well you might have to get some 76 to 81's but those are the easiest to find.

My wife's mother in Pennsylvania has lot's of coins she's saved over the years for her grandkids, and next time we're up to visit I'll bring the Ryedale and get to sorting her pennies.

Welcome to the forums, and nice find!

Sorting In Northwest Mississippi
Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  13:34:32  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
What have you been selling them for on Ebay?I may be interested and you will save all the fees and headaches

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  14:19:32  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
PM Sent misteroman
Go to Top of Page

redneck
1000+ Penny Miser Member

1273 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  21:10:25  Show Profile Send redneck a Private Message
Hey scboykin.
We live here in the same state.
I would be very interested in your pennies.
I could even pick them up soon, no hassle with shipping
or packaging.

PM me and we can see when we can get together.

Thanks redneck
Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  00:26:09  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
Damn, everyone always trying to take my pennies

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

lukeownzu
Penny Collector Member

364 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  10:05:58  Show Profile Send lukeownzu a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by misteroman

;)
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  16:41:44  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by misteroman

LOL.. as an old member ponce from Cuba used to say..
"If you don't hold it, you don't own it"

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

wheeler_dealer
Penny Collector Member

USA
402 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  22:55:19  Show Profile  Send wheeler_dealer a Yahoo! Message Send wheeler_dealer a Private Message
misteroman,
I have lots of zincers I'll sell you at face. No shipping or handling charges. See you Saturday.
Go to Top of Page

jpf231
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  11:32:47  Show Profile Send jpf231 a Private Message
I must say I'm about fed up with Fleabay and Paypal, the fees and the headaches. I've been selling all kinds of crap for years. There always seems to be one finicky buyer that complains and tries to get something at better than fair price. Now that sellers can't leave negative feedback for a buyer, the buyer has us sellers over a barrel really. I'm still working on finding a market for my copper lincolns off-line, that is, without Fleabay for 2X or slightly under. It is a developing market. I read an interesting article on Kitco Base metals web site that said that the 2nd quarter and 3rd quarters of this year should be very strong for copper as the weather is better, construction is picking up in China and elsewhere. Copper prices exceeding $4 a pound should be right around the corner.
Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  13:30:51  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by wheeler_dealer

misteroman,
I have lots of zincers I'll sell you at face. No shipping or handling charges. See you Saturday.

And there are going to be my
10 boxes in there as well,right

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2