Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Wheats in the reject bin!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

newton7
Penny Sorter Member

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  21:00:46  Show Profile  Send newton7 a Yahoo! Message Send newton7 a Private Message
Ok, I have tried the second sort of my Zincs to find the older wheats on the Ryedale and had no luck. I dont know if it is my settings or my touch or the moon and the stars not lining up etc.

But with that said I have notice that the last 5 or 6 dumps at my bank I am gettng wheats in the coin reject bin at the self count machine. Not the old ones but 50's 40's and a couple of 30's. Today a 123 dollars gave me 7 wheats back to. Who knows how many I missed !

Does anyone else have the same problem with the Ryedale or do you find your wheats in the reject bin?

Side note, the bank I use is Capital ONE, the one that asks "Whats in your wallet?" on the TV.

Thoughts?

ScottyTX
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  21:37:46  Show Profile Send ScottyTX a Private Message
The self count machine in the bank lobby I use likes to spit out all of the older wheats 09-193? back out in the reject tray. I can't imagine getting back 40's and 50's they usually read the same as a regular 95% copper cent, hummmm.
Go to Top of Page

Kiwiman
Penny Pincher Member

225 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  22:38:32  Show Profile Send Kiwiman a Private Message
do you receive a lot of other non-wheats in the reject pile too? on a side note i haven't seen a capital one commercial in a long time, unless they changed their slogan from "what's in your wallet?" uhhh in my wallet? hey look a 1914d thanks capital one!
Go to Top of Page

JobIII
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2010 :  07:05:52  Show Profile Send JobIII a Private Message
You may want to check if your ryedale is missing the strip of tape on the back of the comparator. Also, I would never return your zincs before looking them over for old coins. I have not been able to get the Indians and some early wheat dates from following the zinc flow. It takes a little longer to process your coins but it does come with some rewards.

Selling Copper cents. $0 FV available at 1.4xFV. Also interested in trading for wheat pennies and other coins Please pm me for requests or inquiries.

Go to Top of Page

newton7
Penny Sorter Member

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2010 :  09:02:40  Show Profile  Send newton7 a Yahoo! Message Send newton7 a Private Message
That's good advice! I have found some IH in the sorted copper pile but for the most part they are not often seen in my area or in the batches from my banks. I did check for the tape some time back and it is there. The only jams I get come from a back up on the slide when a dirty one slows up the flow. Only one jam inside from a piece of plastic off a penny roll. The rest is smooth sailing.
Go to Top of Page

daviscfad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1664 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2010 :  09:35:28  Show Profile Send daviscfad a Private Message
i only run a zinc accept and dont ever find older wheats in the zinc pile now. When i did a copper accept i did loose a few to the zinc pile. It has been spot on since i started that

Inquiring minds want to know
Go to Top of Page

fasteddy
Penny Collector Member

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2010 :  09:48:43  Show Profile Send fasteddy a Private Message
On my wheat purchase last week I ran the cents through using a zinc accept and then a almost AU 1955 accept....the Ryedale kicked out allot of early cents from the zinc accept and some early cents and early 40's and a few 50's and two IH's from the 1955 accept coin. At least that is what I am thinking....
Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2010 :  23:32:54  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
I use a 79 CU for mine and it rejects pre 39's like clockwork. Thats why I sift through mt zincs while it's running

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

daviscfad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1664 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2010 :  09:21:28  Show Profile Send daviscfad a Private Message
mine is a 2006

Inquiring minds want to know
Go to Top of Page

harley1
Penny Pincher Member

140 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  12:49:15  Show Profile Send harley1 a Private Message
what you need to do is use a good newer zinc as your accept coin. fill your hopper with the zinc and then take a very tiny screw driver and turn the little white adjusting screw on the comparitor clockwise very slowly.when all the coins start to go into the right bin, turn it back counter clockwise until the coins just start to go back into the left bin. this will kick out any older wheats into the right bin. works perfect for me.......just be sure when you are done to turn the little adjusting screw back all the way counter clockwise

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.
Go to Top of Page

newton7
Penny Sorter Member

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2010 :  08:35:54  Show Profile  Send newton7 a Yahoo! Message Send newton7 a Private Message
Lastest results, 97 dollars and 5 wheats in the reject bin again! Then I ran a batch in the Rydale with a 1910 penny in the holder just for kicks. Then ran the zincs again with my standard 82 penny in the holder and took the batch to the bank. So the zincs were ran twice and 87 dollars and no wheats in the return bin, hmmmm. I tested the 1910 with handfuls of wheats and they all get accepted. I have not had a chance to hand check the coppers but Im betting the wheats are there. Is a 1910 the better coin to sort with or should I look for a certain year, 1929? 30? 20? or stick with my 82?

I tried again to run zincs in the ryedale with a shield penny and got no wheats on the kick back. I wish I had the touch! I will keep trying until I get it right.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2