Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals
 Dumb newbie question of the day
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sheikh_yer_BuTay
Penny Pincher Member

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  06:35:16  Show Profile Send Sheikh_yer_BuTay a Private Message
I gave up searching for silver coins in circulation in the mid-seventies. I am thrilled to learn there is still silver coin in circulation today. Ready to start sorting again!

Question: How many hours per week do you sort for silver?

UDEric
Penny Pincher Member

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  07:57:31  Show Profile Send UDEric a Private Message
Actual time is harder to tell...sometimes we look fast, other times not. But in terms of dollar amount I'd say we go through $3K-$4K on a weekly basis.

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth"
Go to Top of Page

wayne1956
Penny Pincher Member

177 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  09:42:16  Show Profile Send wayne1956 a Private Message
A lot of it depends on your availability of coin sources. If you have a lot of banks you can purchase or dump at, then you can spend at least several hours a week at it. If you do not, then the time spent is much less as the availability of coins to search is less.
Go to Top of Page

Kiwiman
Penny Pincher Member

225 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  10:36:58  Show Profile Send Kiwiman a Private Message
thats not a newby questing in my opinion
Go to Top of Page

jtlee321
Penny Pincher Member

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  13:51:04  Show Profile Send jtlee321 a Private Message
Not a newbie question at all.. That is a very good question to ask. You should want to know how much time to expect to put into this hobby (addiction). You may do as we all have done and declare that "I will only spend a few hours a week on it", but it will quickly grow and soon you will become consumed with finding ways to get more coin to sort.

Welcome and good luck on your endeavor. We meet regularly on Monday nights and then again every day after that..
Go to Top of Page

TXBullion
Penny Collector Member

374 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  14:04:50  Show Profile Send TXBullion a Private Message
jtlee 321 is correct, everyday after that. Some of us are even contemplating taking on 2nd usernames so that when you see who is online, you dont have to be embarrassed anymore that you are on 22/7
Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  14:16:04  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
Answering the question in a different fashion, since I sense this is what you really want to know... I've been "earning" about $10 an hour searching halves... but I like to think of it as $20 an hour, (since that's what I'd have to earn and then buy it after taxes are deducted). I go thru $2000 a week and only edge check. It takes me two hours to do that much. I return them at the same time I return my zincs, so it really doesn't cost me extra time there. Good luck if you try it. Check Country's half thread in tracking to see if you want to score like some of the other members.

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sheikh_yer_BuTay
Penny Pincher Member

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  17:10:38  Show Profile Send Sheikh_yer_BuTay a Private Message
LOL! Yeah, I've already got down the part of "everyday after that"!

According to Country's thread on halves, all of you together average a 0.62361% success rate. For me that looks like a VERY GOOD SUCCESS RATE. I am already a silver bug, you have re-educated me on how to acquire it.

I am really trying to figure out how much time to dedicate to this. I own a small business and on any given day I can't get it all done. In my business, part time is 40 hrs/wk, full time is 80. Don't take that as complaining. I love my job! The job generates profit (my pay). Part of the profit is dedicated to a retirement fund. Part of the retirement fund is dedicated to silver.

Now, if part of what I am working for is dedicated to getting silver, and I have re-discovered (thanks to Penny Forum) a better way to get silver... how much time should I budget for it?

I am going to start with $1,000 and see how it goes.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Edited by - Sheikh_yer_BuTay on 07/19/2010 17:11:20
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.51 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2