Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 $1,000,000 in Pennies
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

specialbob
Penny Sorter Member

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  18:10:43  Show Profile Send specialbob a Private Message
I figured everyone would get a kick out of this. Wonder what the % of copper is... You must be logged in to see this link.

My girlfriend's brother's company was behind the installation of this monstrosity a few years ago. I've been to Manhattan a few times since it was installed but never did see it in person.

If you google "nyc penny harvest" images you'll be able to see it as it was being laid out.

Impressive.

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  18:20:18  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
unfortunately, this year's Common Cents Drive coincided with an outbreak of the swine flu, and participation and contributions were severely limited. In order to hit the magic $1,000,000 mark, the City of New York contacted Hoard, and arranged to borrow a fraction of his tons to make up the 60,000,000 pennies they were short. Word is, the Post Office is extremely annoyed

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

johnsonjohn2441
Penny Pincher Member

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  11:58:15  Show Profile Send johnsonjohn2441 a Private Message
nice post. very cool!
Go to Top of Page

Deathsled11
Penny Sorter Member

55 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  22:00:54  Show Profile Send Deathsled11 a Private Message
hmmmm....I wonder how long it would take to sort for copper if you had a few ryedale machines lol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2