Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 uncirculated keelboat rolls
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bronco70

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  14:51:56  Show Profile Send bronco70 a Private Message

First time poster here I just found the forum but I've been buying coins for a while.

I stopped at my bank the other day for a box of nickles and they gave me an opened box that they had put some mixture of 50 rolls into.

In the box were 20 uncirculated rolls of keelboat nickels that must have been sitting around the vault. Obviously there is no point in tearing them open so what can I do with them? I figured I would save a few rolls unopened for future generations but maybe sell the rest.

What are they worth ? Should I post single rolls of them on ebay or try to sell them all as a unit ?

Any advice would be appreciated thanks

JobIII
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  15:12:27  Show Profile Send JobIII a Private Message
I know nothing about these coins, but if you can find them selling on ebay you can always follow the trend set a modest price and hope it soars. People may be interested to buy some rolls here on this forum too. Give it time and also post a bit more so you get your name out here. Either way since you're new buyers may request you ship first, but most people that trade/buy here have traded with many others and their reputations are stellar.

BTW there is a market forum here on this site that you can post for sales with "buy it now" being for firm prices and a "trade" forum for flexible pricing.

good luck & welcome

Selling Copper cents. $0 FV available at 1.4xFV. Also interested in trading for wheat pennies and other coins Please pm me for requests or inquiries.

Go to Top of Page

twentybux
Penny Pincher Member

174 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  19:43:46  Show Profile Send twentybux a Private Message
I concur with JobIII. He, along with many others on this site, have excellent advice and are more than happy to assist. Congrats, you just found the best forum on the web. The intellect here is for lack of a better term "neighborly". It fits into a scenario of Wilson the neighbor across the fence on the show now on reruns Home Improvement. You may ask as many questions as you wish and you are always given courteous and sound advice. Again, welcome aboard!
Go to Top of Page

bronco70

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  19:54:46  Show Profile Send bronco70 a Private Message

They are the 2004 nickles with the boat on them. When I searched on ebay the word keelboat popped up ,i guess thats the official name.

My girlfriends daughter calls them rowboat nickles, she likes the 2005 buffalo type and she gets those saved for her. She can spot a war nickle from 10 feet away

Myself I only save the war nickles and the pre 64's but maybe I'll just hoard these rolls. The ones I have been watching on ebay aren't exactly a hot item.
Go to Top of Page

twentybux
Penny Pincher Member

174 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  20:00:56  Show Profile Send twentybux a Private Message
Hi bronco70- As JobIII pointed out you may wish to get a few more posts on the forum and then you may feel led to place these onto the buy it now or member auction side. I would bet a few folks looking into nickels may wish to take these off of your hands. But of course, hoarding til better prices is always a plus. Again welcome!
Go to Top of Page

bronco70

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2010 :  07:58:29  Show Profile Send bronco70 a Private Message

Thanks for the welcome seems like a friendly place

i'll check out those parts of the forum , I didn't see them before. I have just been looking at the bullion sections up till now.

Go to Top of Page

bronco70

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2010 :  07:54:21  Show Profile Send bronco70 a Private Message

Went back to the same bank today and asked for 20$ in nickles and they gave me 10 rolls of uncirculated 2005 p buffalo style nickels.

The place is a nickel hoarders delight but I'm not getting any searching done
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2010 :  08:32:53  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
At least all the nickels you are getting are full weight. I would rather have all shiny ones. If you get a full box of those Beefalos I think you will have something good to trade here. I know I would be interested in trading for them.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

smartinson
Penny Collector Member

USA
287 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  11:39:52  Show Profile Send smartinson a Private Message
I too received a box of the 2004-P Keelboat nickels while picking up pennies and nickels. The teller for some reason ripped the top open. These are from Savanah, GA armored car service. I pick up nickels just as an investment and search through when I have time. Some one must be getting rid of their stash. The outside of the box was written on and labeled 2004-P KEELBOAT MINT
Go to Top of Page

PreservingThePast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1572 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  13:43:22  Show Profile Send PreservingThePast a Private Message
Sounds like many of you have been very fortunate to receive some great nickels from the banks lately. Me, my favorite is the Ocean in View of the nickels. It ranks right up there as an almost top of the bunch favorite of all coins. The silver philharmonic is my all time favorite, most beautiful coin, IMHO. But for our circulating coinage, I love the Ocean in View nickel.

Go to Top of Page

highroller4321
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2648 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  10:53:51  Show Profile Send highroller4321 a Private Message
$2.75 a roll is what greysheet has the P's listed at.

Copper Penny Investing
www.portlandmint.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2