Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 good and bad experiences with banks
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gollum40
Penny Sorter Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  11:22:47  Show Profile Send gollum40 a Private Message
Which banks or credit unions have you all had good experiences or bad experiences with? This would be for pickups and/or dumps. I'm new at this but can already provide the following observations:

Bank Of America - extremely helpful with pickups. I've visited more then a dozen bay area (California, USA) branches and had zero problems. Granted I only picked up 4 boxes each time, but still, it was quite pleasant. Heck, at one branch the manager offered to carry them to my car for me! For dumps, I've tried two branches and they said 10% charge. Ouch.

First National Bank (of Northern California). Total strikeout. Wouldn't even give me one box at either of 2 branches I visited. Shouldn't have joined that one. I guess it's because it's a small bank.

Speaking of the bay area in California, anyone else from around these parts? If so, have you heard of Provident Credit Union and do you have any experiences there?

Now selling Zinc pennies 1.0000 X FV :)

Coppermonies
Penny Sorter Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2010 :  17:20:24  Show Profile Send Coppermonies a Private Message
I am in the bay area & I currently am using two Provident CUs for penny pickups. They work great for that, but would definately not dump there as they have little vault space and usually are panicky about making sure I pick my coins when they get them.
Go to Top of Page

NoCents
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2010 :  20:42:05  Show Profile Send NoCents a Private Message
BoA is easiest of the pickings. Just about zero hassel.
Others, that ask if you're a member, not so much.

What's in it for the dude?
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  00:17:07  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
gollum.. I am in the bay area also. Provident CU is a good credit union, but I don't have any experience with them. I have had great luck with ordering from Wachovia.. but that's going away. BofA has been good to dump at.. it is free if you have it precounted in bags. I pick up an occasional box there, but not serious volume. Wells Fargo has been good about taking my dumps as long as they are rolled. I have heard from another of my buddies in the bay area that the Wells near him will take it loose in a bag. Comerica has been bad for both dumps and pickups. Bank of the West seems like a good source bank.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

gollum40
Penny Sorter Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  19:10:37  Show Profile Send gollum40 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HoardCopperByTheTon

gollum.. I am in the bay area also. Provident CU is a good credit union, but I don't have any experience with them. I have had great luck with ordering from Wachovia.. but that's going away. BofA has been good to dump at.. it is free if you have it precounted in bags. I pick up an occasional box there, but not serious volume. Wells Fargo has been good about taking my dumps as long as they are rolled. I have heard from another of my buddies in the bay area that the Wells near him will take it loose in a bag. Comerica has been bad for both dumps and pickups. Bank of the West seems like a good source bank.

Thanks for the info Hoard, and nice to hear you're from around here.

Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  19:30:09  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by gollum40

[/quote] are you so sure about that? If he wasn't, you'd be getting 23% instead of 18!

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

gollum40
Penny Sorter Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  11:22:42  Show Profile Send gollum40 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beauanderos

quote:
Originally posted by gollum40

are you so sure about that? If he wasn't, you'd be getting 23% instead of 18!
[/quote]

Drats, you're right. Plan B: I need to leave the state if I want to do meaningful hoarding.

Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  12:04:06  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
AZ has an even lower %. You could stay here and just "sort more."

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

slickeast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2533 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  19:11:17  Show Profile Send slickeast a Private Message
Cali is gonna be known as the "Zinc" state soon with all the sorting going on out there.

You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be.......SLICK

Go to Top of Page

HoardZincByTheTon

7 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  01:24:34  Show Profile Send HoardZincByTheTon a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by slickeast

Cali is gonna be known as the "Zinc" state soon with all the sorting going on out there.

You say that like you think "Zinc" is a bad thing.
Go to Top of Page

JobIII
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  06:50:29  Show Profile Send JobIII a Private Message
You guys should all return the the same bank and see who the banks. I'm sure they would love that

Selling Copper cents. $0 FV available at 1.4xFV. Also interested in trading for wheat pennies and other coins Please pm me for requests or inquiries.

Go to Top of Page

slickeast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2533 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  15:17:49  Show Profile Send slickeast a Private Message
HZBTT is back. Maybe I shouldn't have woke up someones alter ego.

You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be.......SLICK

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2