Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Penny Hoarders Anonymous
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mooski
Penny Sorter Member

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  19:29:20  Show Profile Send mooski a Private Message
Hi, my name is Mooski. I'm addicted to hoarding pennies.

I admit that I am powerless over pennies.

I have my body weight in pennies in the trunk of my car.

I once drove 8-9 hours to get 130 pounds of pennies.

Please give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Sorting and hoarding in Seattle, WA

nologiks
Penny Sorter Member

83 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  19:39:00  Show Profile Send nologiks a Private Message
I will pray for you! :)
Go to Top of Page

Flbandit
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  19:48:20  Show Profile Send Flbandit a Private Message
The best way to recover is cold turkey. Send all your pennies to flbandit.......

Are you throwing that out?
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  19:50:39  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
Welcome to the group Mooski. Like I always say, admitting that you have a problem is the first step to recovey. Did you notice how many times you used the word "I" in your post? Listen mister, sure you have a problem but it is also a problem for your friends, family and even your banker!

Has your problem gotten so bad yet that you have reverted to the use of a mechanical device in order to fulfill you habit? If not then thank your lucky stars it hasn't.

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  20:31:54  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
Sure Jamie... that's easy for you to say... you only hoard nickel

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dakota1955
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2212 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  20:37:00  Show Profile  Send dakota1955 a Yahoo! Message Send dakota1955 a Private Message
And some of us do both. If you count silver and gold it's four.

Edited by - dakota1955 on 03/29/2010 20:38:06
Go to Top of Page

thogey
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1617 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  21:00:20  Show Profile Send thogey a Private Message

I started with the hard stuff, woke up one morning with silver poisoning and then moved to copper cents.

Sometimes I'll do a roll in the morning, before work. I think my kid is catching on though. They say this habit runs in families.

I find now I think about doing rolls all day. I scored some CWRs this weekend. I was up all Saturday night doing them.

Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org
Go to Top of Page

highroller4321
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2648 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  21:40:11  Show Profile Send highroller4321 a Private Message
Welcome to the group!

No need to drive 8 hrs anymore! I only live 3 hrs from you :D

Copper Penny Investing
www.portlandmint.com
Go to Top of Page

thogey
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1617 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  22:00:55  Show Profile Send thogey a Private Message
The kid's in bed. I'm fixing to do a box.

Is there anyone I can call to stop this madness?

Edit: It's so bad the penny sorting is interfering with my drinking.

Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org

Edited by - thogey on 03/29/2010 22:12:24
Go to Top of Page

theo
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
588 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  23:54:56  Show Profile Send theo a Private Message
I know I'm addicted to coins because:

Recently someone at a party told me that they keep all of their quarters. I nearly shouted, "Why would you do that when the quarter has a lower metal value than the nickel and yet it is five times more expensive?!?" Awkward stares don't phase me anymore.

My best ice breaker line is, "Did you know that the pre-1982 penny has a metal value of well over 2 cents?" I can feel my social skills deteriorating by the day.

Three of my five closest friends are now bank tellers.

If someone tosses a handful of pennies on the floor, I can point out which ones are copper (while still standing) with an accuracy rate of about 90%; higher if the pennies are face up. Strangely enough, my wife discourages this particular parlor trick.

My prayer is: Please grant me the ability to keep the change that I need, the strength (literally) to dump the change that I don't and the wisdom to know the difference.
Go to Top of Page

Robarons
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  00:24:21  Show Profile Send Robarons a Private Message
Dont worry bud theres a dealer on every corner to get your fix.

Bank on every corner to help you get through your day!

Robber Baron= Robarons
Go to Top of Page

Aristobolus
Penny Sorter Member

76 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  00:52:36  Show Profile Send Aristobolus a Private Message
Hi Mooski
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  07:54:22  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
It may be too late for most of because we are too old. But what about that kid out in the parking lot picking up a penny wondering if it may be a wheat cent or worse yet a copper? Doesn't he deserve better?

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

rodebaugh
Penny Collector Member

USA
377 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  08:05:10  Show Profile Send rodebaugh a Private Message
Theo I was rolling from your one liners! Great stuff! Let me give it a try.

Sometimes I have to do a box just to fall asleep at night.

When people talk about removing cents as legal tender I get enraged and must sit down alone for no less than 20 min to fall back to baseline.

Native Americans tear up over litter; I sob and wail from the sight of a line formed at a coinstar.

And finally, this one is the TRUTH. Three tellers at my pickup bank thought I was the son of the 4th teller, often asking why my mom was out or how her new house was coming along. Sad thing is, I would reply “she didn’t feal very well yesterday” or “great, the drywall was put up last week”.

Rodebaugh

http://rodebaugh.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

theo
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
588 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  00:05:13  Show Profile Send theo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by rodebaugh

Theo I was rolling from your one liners! Great stuff! Let me give it a try.

I'm glad you enjoyed the comments. They are all true except for the tellers. That will be true in six months.

quote:

Sometimes I have to do a box just to fall asleep at night.

You too!?!

quote:

When people talk about removing cents as legal tender I get enraged and must sit down alone for no less than 20 min to fall back to baseline.

Of course if that happens the melt ban will be lifted.

quote:

Native Americans tear up over litter; I sob and wail from the sight of a line formed at a coinstar.

The irony is that it means more copper for us. Seriously, it really is sad how little the general public knows about money.

quote:

And finally, this one is the TRUTH. Three tellers at my pickup bank thought I was the son of the 4th teller, often asking why my mom was out or how her new house was coming along. Sad thing is, I would reply “she didn’t feal very well yesterday” or “great, the drywall was put up last week”.

If you spend Easter with her and her family, then you've gone over the edge.

A story comes to mind about how our "hobby" may influence those around us. My wife, who does not share my interest in coins, was having dinner with a friend. The restaurant had one of those coin fountains and the friend grabbed a handful of coins from her change purse to toss into the fountain. When my wife noticed that a nickel and three copper pennies were among the coins, she warned her friend not to throw those four coins away. "Why?" the friend asked. My wife (who is usually a gentle and caring soul) replied "Because you might need them to buy bread soon." Did I mention that my wife is 3/4 Irish?

Edited by - theo on 03/31/2010 01:36:56
Go to Top of Page

silversound

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  12:44:02  Show Profile Send silversound a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by theo

My prayer is: Please grant me the ability to keep the change that I need, the strength (literally) to dump the change that I don't and the wisdom to know the difference.

LOL! Brilliant.
Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  10:10:01  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
We are not addicted. The rest of the world is just ignorant

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2