Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 New to the forum
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nacinator
Penny Sorter Member

28 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  07:30:55  Show Profile Send Nacinator a Private Message
Hello

I am new to the forum and have so many questions.

I am here because of the current state of our money. I read on other forums that people were pulling out 95% copper pennies because they were worth 2 cents each.

So I am willing to invest some of my time to start "hording" copper. I have a substancial amount of silver but the thought of cheap pennies and nickles had me going to the bank and picking up $50 dollars of pennies and nickles. I pulled out approx. $10.00 in copper pennies. I found 17 wheat pennies and 6 dimes.

I would like to get an ACE coin sorter but could not find one listed on the Ryedale website.

Do you guys roll and store your pennies or just fill up 5 gallon buckets!!.

I was wondering about doing half dollars for the 40% silver content.

Any suggestions or ideas on how make my endevor grow to frutition

Thanks
Nacinator

marine70
Penny Pincher Member

USA
150 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  09:02:51  Show Profile Send marine70 a Private Message
Welcome to the site as you know there is a wealth of information here. I for one store my pennies in the boxes that I get them in, I just re-roll the coppers,and take the zincers to my bank where they have a counting machine. I have sold pennies here also with very god results. Again welcome.
Go to Top of Page

jacer333
Penny Pincher Member

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  13:37:37  Show Profile Send jacer333 a Private Message
Welcome to the gang, your story sounds quite the same as mine was! I started out rounding up pennies around the house and buying a few rolls here and there to sort by hand. Now I have a ryedale and run as many boxes of pennies as possible. I keep my hoard in kitty litter buckets-they are very durable and I am able to fit around 175 lbs. of pennies in each. Try contacting "Ryedale" here on realcent, that is Andy, the creator and distributor of the ryedale. He is a great guy to deal with and will get you set up in no time! Right now I just do pennies, and don't feel that sorting halves is worth the time and effort invested.
Go to Top of Page

Country
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  13:52:30  Show Profile Send Country a Private Message
WELCOME!!

You can search for SILVER half dollars and find both 40%ers and 90%ers. Go to your local bank (the source bank) and ask for loose halves in the teller trays or some rolls. If they don't have any, order a $500 box and try your luck. With half dollar searching, bring the discards back to another bank (the dump bank). That keeps your relationship with your source bank on good terms - everyone happy.

---> Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
– Theodore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Jason
Penny Pincher Member

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  13:53:38  Show Profile  Send Jason an AOL message Send Jason a Private Message
I wrap, box, and date my pennies and other coins before storing them in a super secret location behind lock, key, and combination, but i'm a bit anal in that aspect. Whatever is convenient to you is what you should do.
As far as halves go I have had great success and great failure. I've been months without finding a single silver half and then i've also had times where i've scored fifty bucks of customer wraps and found out, to my excitement, that half of them were silver.
My only suggestion is to sort as much as you want to of whatever you want to and in the end you won't be dissapointed. Good luck!

Rule six: There is no rule six.
Go to Top of Page

dakota1955
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2212 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  13:59:40  Show Profile  Send dakota1955 a Yahoo! Message Send dakota1955 a Private Message
Welcome and I store my copper in 50 dollars bags, and I get the bags frome the banks filled with coins to look over.
Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  16:00:24  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
Welcome. I just throw handfuls of coppers out back. Takes up less space in the house and the dog can watch 'em....

Deal

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

Nacinator
Penny Sorter Member

28 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  02:52:02  Show Profile Send Nacinator a Private Message
Thanks for the kind words I can not wait to get started
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: