Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Coin & Currency Collecting
 USA Numismatics (Coin Collecting)
 Coin Albums - Intercept Shield or Dansco?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mingusdew
Penny Sorter Member

64 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  13:31:57  Show Profile Send mingusdew a Private Message
I'm considering getting some albums for the denominations I sort, and was wondering which of these two brands are thought to be the best. I'm leaning toward Intercept Shield, because they outright claim to be well suited for longer term archival, but all this talk about sacrificial corrosion agents sounds suspiciously like snake oil to me. What are your experiences here? Are the Intercept Shields really as amazing as their website makes them sound, or will the Dansco's protect against toning and corrosion all the same?

Thanks in advance.

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Fortune favors the informed.

rodebaugh
Penny Collector Member

USA
377 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  11:43:31  Show Profile Send rodebaugh a Private Message
Ming I favor the intercept shield products myself. I like to compare their “amazing intercept technology” to something that has been around for a long time…..anti tarnish cloth used in the sterling flatware business. Not sure if the materials/chemicals are the same but it wouldn’t be that hard for a person to line a handmade box with the stuff and save even more loot fort bulk storage instead of shelling out the $15-$20 that intercept charges for their boxes.

Furthermore, Intercept is designed to halt any further tarnish/tone from forming. It will not reverse what is already there. If it did; it would be time to buy up the 1914-d pcgs browns and make um RED, sell um, and only palm trees and jet skis to worry about them.
Rode

http://rodebaugh.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2