Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Do you guys really...
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  18:04:45  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by AGgressive Metal

I don't have a Ryedale, but I think they are about $500 new. If you figure that you find 20% copper and that copper yields a 50% profit, you need to sort about $1700 (68 boxes) of pennies to break even. $500/1.5 = $333.33, 333 x 5 = 1666.66 (because selling at 1.5x face for the Cu, and 20% = 1/5, hence you need to sort five times 333 to get $333 of Cu pennies).

If you assume that you can sell CU for 50% above cost, you would need to produce $1000 sorted (Sell $1000, get $1500) to realize $500 profit. At twenty percent find rate you would need to sort $5000 to find the $1000

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

slickeast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2533 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  18:05:32  Show Profile Send slickeast a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by stateofmind

Wow, I didn't expect so many of you to respond. I just watched the video posted by slickeast. How many pennies/how fast can that ryedale sort? and how much does one cost? And I hope I didn't offend anyone, I wasn't trying to say that you were lying or anything notabigdeal.

18000 coins per hour per machine. With 3 running you are looking at 54000 per hour. I have the benefit of being able to get a minimum of $500.00 a week loose in bags, the rest I have to order in boxes. I have more than recouped the money spent on the 3 machines. It is not a get rich quick process. If you are looking for a way to make money, sorting and selling pennies won't even allow you to quit your day job. Most do it because they enjoy it and are hoping for a payoff one day.

You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be.......SLICK

Go to Top of Page

stateofmind
Penny Pincher Member

143 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  18:15:50  Show Profile Send stateofmind a Private Message
Ok, I'm glad no one got mad. lol
Are some of you that own so many machines doing this as your day job? Or is it just a weekend thing or whatever? Thanks guys for all the responses btw, and all the information. Sorry I'm asking so many questions, but it seems like the search feature doesn't work too well...

Check out our new site, RealCent.org!

"There are people who are very resourceful, at being remorseful, and who apparently feel that the best way to make friends is to do something terrible and then make amends."
-Ogden Nash
Go to Top of Page

thogey
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1617 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  18:17:23  Show Profile Send thogey a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beauanderos

quote:
Originally posted by AGgressive Metal

I don't have a Ryedale, but I think they are about $500 new. If you figure that you find 20% copper and that copper yields a 50% profit, you need to sort about $1700 (68 boxes) of pennies to break even. $500/1.5 = $333.33, 333 x 5 = 1666.66 (because selling at 1.5x face for the Cu, and 20% = 1/5, hence you need to sort five times 333 to get $333 of Cu pennies).

If you assume that you can sell CU for 50% above cost, you would need to produce $1000 sorted (Sell $1000, get $1500) to realize $500 profit. At twenty percent find rate you would need to sort $5000 to find the $1000

Dude, You're beating a dead horse.

Agressive Metal has already been corrected.

His urinalysis results are pending.

Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org
Go to Top of Page

slickeast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2533 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  18:18:17  Show Profile Send slickeast a Private Message
quote:

Are some of you that own so many machines doing this as your day job? Or is it just a weekend thing or whatever? Thanks guys for all the responses btw, and all the information. Sorry I'm asking so many questions, but it seems like the search feature doesn't work too well...

Lets just agree that it DOESN'T work. At least I have never had any luck with it.

Check out the Ryedale section of the forum, there are more videos posted

Go to Top of Page

thogey
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1617 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  18:19:37  Show Profile Send thogey a Private Message
quote:

Nobody's mad!

You are welcome here.

This place is like a high school locker room.

Keep asking.

Go to Top of Page

AGgressive Metal
Administrator

USA
1937 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  18:20:46  Show Profile Send AGgressive Metal a Private Message
C'mon guys, I'm dealing with a deadly drug inappropriate languagetail of Coca-Cola and nicotine. I can barely tie my shoes under these conditions much less do arithmetic.

And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel / For nothyng is better than lyberte / For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world.
-Caxton's edition of Aesop's Fables, 1484
Go to Top of Page

AGgressive Metal
Administrator

USA
1937 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  18:21:32  Show Profile Send AGgressive Metal a Private Message
lol, apparently the filter picks up the word for a mixed drink and thinks it means something else. What I meant was "deadly drug rooster-tail"

And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel / For nothyng is better than lyberte / For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world.
-Caxton's edition of Aesop's Fables, 1484

Edited by - AGgressive Metal on 03/07/2010 18:26:31
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  18:23:27  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Most of us just do a little of this in the evening or the weekend as a hobby. The machines allow us to process more coins in less time. Sometimes selling off a ton here or there helps fund a bad coin habit.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  19:26:02  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by thogey

yeah, it is. And if you don't stop dissing your elders I'm gonna snap your smartass with a wet towel tip Maybe I like to beat dead horses

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

thogey
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1617 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  19:31:33  Show Profile Send thogey a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beauanderos

quote:
Originally posted by thogey

yeah, it is. And if you don't stop dissing your elders I'm gonna snap your smartass with a wet towel tip Maybe I like to beat dead horses

Yes sir.

Go to Top of Page

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  19:37:35  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
the auto censor works great. rooster-tail gets caught when typed correctly and is not a foul word (pun intended),
but smartass, oh yeah, that's fine.

Welcome aboard. every one here from hobbyist to pro. don't matter, jump in, the water is fine.

Go to Top of Page

slickeast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2533 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  20:28:53  Show Profile Send slickeast a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by fb101

the auto censor works great. rooster-tail gets caught when typed correctly and is not a foul word (pun intended),
but smartass, oh yeah, that's fine.

Welcome aboard. every one here from hobbyist to pro. don't matter, jump in, the water is fine.

If you like swimming in The Hudson River J/K

Ask away, we haven't had a good question and answer thread in a while.

Go to Top of Page

lewbo
Penny Pincher Member

USA
221 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  20:58:07  Show Profile Send lewbo a Private Message
Take it from someone who liked you lurked for few months, then I bought a few boxes, then a few more, then bought church's VBS penny drives , then moved to Morgans, now I buy about anything that strikes my fancy. My girls collect canadian pennies and peace dollars because they are pretty. I personally like Injuns!! Everyone I have delt with here either with purchases or advice has been honest and straightforward. If I could make a suggestion invest in a Ryedale ACE, $109 and it is an amazing machine. I know we set records today, and I just set one for my longest post!
Go to Top of Page

beerdoodle
Penny Sorter Member

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  00:53:42  Show Profile Send beerdoodle a Private Message
We will all wind up like "Howard Sprague." on an Island. "Wanna buy a copper in a bottle?" I got 500 wheats and about 12,000 coppers just piddling, but it is relaxing.

I am really getting good at barely getting by
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  01:41:36  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
quote:

We have too much info for search to work properly. Someone suggested there are a couple dozen machine sorters out there - I know that is low. There are over 300 Ryedales out there. Some of our members have bigger large capacity machines. At least three members are in the coin handling business full time.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

wolvesdad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  04:42:14  Show Profile Send wolvesdad a Private Message
And some of us have had a machine before, then due to a change in free time/conditions sold it and now just do it by hand.

But would love to have a machine again!!

"May your percentages ever increase!"
Go to Top of Page

zerocd
Penny Hoarding Member

555 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  10:12:36  Show Profile Send zerocd a Private Message
Why does one of Hoards boxes have methanol written on it?

0CD
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  10:17:20  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by zerocd

Why does one of Hoards boxes have methanol written on it?

0CD

That's the good box! Makes the machines run faster. You have to mix that with the other boxes.. if you were to run straight methanol it would burn out the hopper.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  00:51:35  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
I gotta find where I put that methanol box before this week's shipments come in.

Go to Top of Page

zerocd
Penny Hoarding Member

555 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  05:55:45  Show Profile Send zerocd a Private Message
Had a friend who's last name was Smack. He had it written on the side of his travel case.

We were on my old bus on the way to Florida and got pulled over.

Cop wanted to know what was in the case.

Suprise! Smacks dirty underwear.

Try ethanol?

Just a cleaning solution?

0CD
Go to Top of Page

johnbrickner
Penny Pincher Member

154 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2010 :  02:11:52  Show Profile Send johnbrickner a Private Message
OMG: Methanol, smack~

You all just made my day, as you are all wicked funny! Haven't had this much fun since both baseball coaches left the bench to cover the bases. This place is more like a high school baseball team with no coaches or parents in the dougout and on a hitting spree.

Welcome stateofmind. My addiction went up a level earlier this year. I went from hand sorting to useing the "Ace". It helps when the eyes and fingers don't want to. I split my sorting between nickels and penneys. The nickels by hand.

Couldn't help but notice your political bent. There's a few of us here. Mostly under the radar. Keep up the spirit though and make sure it stays fun though. Ya don't want to burn out.

"I Killed the Bank" from the tombstone of Andrew Jackson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2