Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Copper bars on ebay... why??
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SouthernBelle

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  19:34:48  Show Profile Send SouthernBelle a Private Message
I've been reading as much as I can on copper as an investment. I've been using the Rydale (while my son is at school) and sorting my own pennies...... (Technically all the buckets of pennies are his :)

Anyway, I noticed on ebay that there are 1oz bars selling for $4.95 plus $1.95 shipping and 1 lb bars are $12.00 plus shipping. Unless I am missing something, there are about 150 pennies to a pound. That means I have a pound of copper for about $1.50 .

I don't understand why people are paying so much for the bars. Do people not know they can save the pennies? Is there something that I AM missing? If I believe in copper as an investment, there is no reason to buy bars if I am sorting right?

Also, my son is about halfway through his buckets. Still hasn't checked for key dates yet. He is having too much fun running the Ryedale!

dakota1955
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2212 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  19:36:30  Show Profile  Send dakota1955 a Yahoo! Message Send dakota1955 a Private Message
some people like bars and there is market for bars but they do sell over spot just like silver bars
Go to Top of Page

thedrifter
Penny Sorter Member

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  20:42:35  Show Profile Send thedrifter a Private Message
THEY'RE BRIGHT AND SHINY! OOOH BRIGHT AND SHINY!!!

The Drifter
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  21:03:45  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
We have had several other threads concerning this subject but in a nutshell they sell for much more than their bullion value because they are works of art. I often wear one on a copper chain around my neck.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  01:45:57  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message

Here is my answer to your question about copper bars:

You must be logged in to see this link.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2