Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 meet a searcher today
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cwgii
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
924 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  18:45:48  Show Profile Send cwgii a Private Message
in the hughes cu , dumping. in walkes a gent with two bank bags, one of halves, one of pennies.

now i know , i am not the only 'hunter' in tucson

Shattered
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
523 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  18:47:05  Show Profile Send Shattered a Private Message
You should try to make partners with him and coordinate your dump and supply banks so you don't pick up each others dumps.

"I need metal in my life, just like an eagle needs to fly."
-Joseph DeMaio : Die For Metal
Go to Top of Page

uthminsta
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1872 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  18:51:35  Show Profile Send uthminsta a Private Message
Might be a while before you see him again... but yeah!

Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org
Go to Top of Page

toomuchcopper
Penny Collector Member

USA
406 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  18:55:24  Show Profile Send toomuchcopper a Private Message
wow...how weird that must have been

visit www.crazycoinguy.com
for information on how to sort, what to sort, and sorting equipment. We also sell copper pennies in bulk, and other coins.
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Penny Sorter Member

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  18:59:04  Show Profile Send Mike a Private Message
Twice while vacationing in the Tucson area I've bought $25 boxes of pennies from the B of A, and only found about 12% in each box.

Now I know why!
Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  22:40:00  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
Yup try and hook up with that guy. Nothing worse then bringing home $50 in zincs

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  00:09:08  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by misteroman

Yup try and hook up with that guy. Nothing worse then bringing home $50 in zincs

Sure there is.. bringing home $600 in zincs.. and none of them shiny.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

highroller4321
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2648 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  00:11:28  Show Profile Send highroller4321 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HoardCopperByTheTon

quote:
Originally posted by misteroman

Sure there is.. bringing home $600 in zincs.. and none of them shiny.

And they are all wrapped instead of in loose $50bags

Copper Penny Investing
www.portlandmint.com
Go to Top of Page

dakota1955
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2212 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  07:53:07  Show Profile  Send dakota1955 a Yahoo! Message Send dakota1955 a Private Message
As the world finds out that copper pennies are worth more than a cent we all will find more hoarders out in the banks.
Go to Top of Page

JobIII
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  12:51:13  Show Profile Send JobIII a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by cwgii

in the hughes cu , dumping. in walkes a gent with two bank bags, one of halves, one of pennies.

now i know , i am not the only 'hunter' in tucson

I think i can one up yours.

I met up with a fellow half searcher at the bank i order boxes from. He was expecting to pick up an order. But i arrived first and just so happened to have some extra $$, and offered to buy all the boxes they had. The teller wouldn't do that because the other guy was behind me.

So we split the box. And i asked to pick a couple of rolls by choice because a franklin and another silver was sticking out on the end. I only ran into that guy 1 other time at that location. However i'm noticing a lot of drops at my order bank now...so i buy them all out just to move them along or the bank won't order additional boxes.

Selling Copper cents. $0 FV available at 1.4xFV. Also interested in trading for wheat pennies and other coins Please pm me for requests or inquiries.

Go to Top of Page

JobIII
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  12:53:27  Show Profile Send JobIII a Private Message
I don't want to jynx myself, but i haven't had a skunk box of pennies is a really long time. I hope that remains the standard.

Selling Copper cents. $0 FV available at 1.4xFV. Also interested in trading for wheat pennies and other coins Please pm me for requests or inquiries.

Go to Top of Page

SANITARIUM_INMATE
Penny Pincher Member

211 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  13:05:56  Show Profile Send SANITARIUM_INMATE a Private Message
Just imagine what is going on in his head as he sees you dumping more than his 1 little bag of cents compared to the amount you probably were dumping. I know that if I ran into HCBTT ,or a few others here,in a bank dumping I would curl my tail between my legs and hurry out of sight before he laughs at my little dump. Moral of the story is that all he had was 1 bag of pennies. unless he dumps that much daily I don't think you have much to worry about in your area.
Go to Top of Page

fasteddy
Penny Collector Member

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  13:23:21  Show Profile Send fasteddy a Private Message
I ran into a penny sorter a couple of months ago doing a dump at our CU and my wife ran into a quarter sorter last year, when she ask how his sorts were he looked confused or maybe surprised that she knew what he was doing...;-0
Go to Top of Page

JobIII
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  15:32:03  Show Profile Send JobIII a Private Message
how'd she know they were quarter sorters? I'd assume the guy owned a couple vending machines first.

Go to Top of Page

mooski
Penny Sorter Member

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  16:06:28  Show Profile Send mooski a Private Message
First off, sorry for being absent for so long.

A 'quarter sorter' doesn't make any sense, unless he's trying to make complete sets of the 50 States et al.

He sure as heck isn't trying to find any silver - I can't remember the last time I found a silver coin in my pocket change...

Sorting and hoarding in Seattle, WA
Go to Top of Page

fasteddy
Penny Collector Member

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  16:32:10  Show Profile Send fasteddy a Private Message
She said he had quarter boxes
Go to Top of Page

cwgii
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
924 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  09:41:33  Show Profile Send cwgii a Private Message
oh and of all things,.he only is pulling out wheats. not the copper.

to the person that bought a couple boxes here. that is the low side of normal here. i am 14-16% all the time.on boxes, unless i get one of those cwr, 'runs' like last week where i had 10 rolls. 499 cu.
Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  17:39:35  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by mooski

First off, sorry for being absent for so long.

A 'quarter sorter' doesn't make any sense, unless he's trying to make complete sets of the 50 States et al.

He sure as heck isn't trying to find any silver - I can't remember the last time I found a silver coin in my pocket change...

I do several times a year. Of course I only use cash so I get a lot of change.

Deal

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

Dave
Penny Pincher Member

156 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  05:43:30  Show Profile Send Dave a Private Message
Could be pennies in that quarter box. A teller gave me my pennies in a dime box.
Go to Top of Page

Flbandit
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  08:55:09  Show Profile Send Flbandit a Private Message
I had a teller tell me someone else was getting pennies, but I never encountered them

Are you throwing that out?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2