Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Related Topics, Learning and Information
 Guides/Articles/Blogs Written By Realcent Members
 Realcent Just Makes Cents
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  15:22:09  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
You must be logged in to see this link. Just a little blurb for Realcent. Hope to find some more members to push us over 1000 active members.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog

Country
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  15:45:48  Show Profile Send Country a Private Message
Nice article.

I've been trying to enhance interest amoung the SILVER searchers. Maybe some of our guests are SILVER searchers and will join the challenge to compete with other RealCenters.

---> Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
– Theodore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  16:27:05  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Country.. you have certainly enhanced interest in my Silver searching. So much so that it is cutting into my copper sorting.. lol.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

dakota1955
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2212 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  19:06:26  Show Profile  Send dakota1955 a Yahoo! Message Send dakota1955 a Private Message
nice piece it has all the basic facts for thoese you not know the facts
Go to Top of Page

redneck
1000+ Penny Miser Member

1273 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  19:16:51  Show Profile Send redneck a Private Message

I still say this is a niche market and going out of ones way to promote it is detrimental to one and all who are currently involved.

As far as sorting for silver goes, the pickings have become slim in my area compared to previous years.

More and more people are searching. You can only slice the pie so many times and share it till you eventually starve yourself to death...

Question...

What is to be gained by increasing the amount of members and people sorting and searching...?

Answer...

Nothing...

>
Go to Top of Page

Country
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  19:34:52  Show Profile Send Country a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by redneck

I still say this is a niche market and going out of ones way to promote it is detrimental to one and all who are currently involved.

As far as sorting for silver goes, the pickings have become slim in my area compared to previous years.

More and more people are searching. You can only slice the pie so many times and share it till you eventually starve yourself to death...
Question...
What is to be gained by increasing the amount of members and people sorting and searching...?
Answer...
Nothing...
>

I have to disagree!

>

Those of us who already some of the pie will benefit from newbies coming aboard.

With new added interest, new collectors and hoaders will BUY from us and others at much higher prices to add to their hoard.

Pickings for SILVER and COPPER are less than in years earlier, but that does not mean new flows of both periodically appear and in large quantities. Look how many SILVERs have been found in the first 17 days by RealCenters.

>

Let the newbies come aboard.... It's good for business.

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
– Theodore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

redneck
1000+ Penny Miser Member

1273 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  20:16:01  Show Profile Send redneck a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Country

quote:
Originally posted by redneck

Question...
Answer...
Nothing...
>

I have to disagree!

>

Those of us who already some of the pie will benefit from newbies coming aboard.

With new added interest, new collectors and hoaders will BUY from us and others at much higher prices to add to their hoard.

Pickings for SILVER and COPPER are less than in years earlier, but that does not mean new flows of both periodically appear and in large quantities. Look how many SILVERs have been found in the first 17 days by RealCenters.

>

Let the newbies come aboard.... It's good for business.

The way you describe it sounds more like a pyramid scheme.

Silver is declining. Unfortunately, it is declining faster because of all the new sorters out there.

Sorry, this is a niche market.

Your logic is flawed...

>
Go to Top of Page

Country
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  20:46:33  Show Profile Send Country a Private Message
Maybe it could be construed by those of us who have been hoarding for many decades.

However, I still welcome others to the search, even if the pickings are less for me.

– Theodore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

slickeast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2533 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  01:08:37  Show Profile Send slickeast a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Country

Maybe it could be construed by those of us who have been hoarding for many decades.

However, I still welcome others to the search, even if the pickings are less for me.

I would they rather NOT search for silver, that leaves more for me. It would also will cut down on the skunk boxes.

You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be.......SLICK

Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  01:21:58  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
I want them to buy copper - from us - in our market. We need buyers to recognize that copper bullion coins are a good investment. Otherwise they aren't a good investment. Think about it.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

slickeast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2533 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  01:22:38  Show Profile Send slickeast a Private Message
I do Welcome all new copper buyers.

You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be.......SLICK

Go to Top of Page

redneck
1000+ Penny Miser Member

1273 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  06:36:26  Show Profile Send redneck a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by jadedragon

I want them to buy copper - from us - in our market. We need buyers to recognize that copper bullion coins are a good investment. Otherwise they aren't a good investment. Think about it.

The copper bullion coin market will develop all by itself,with or without help. But, like anything else good, it will take time to manifest.

It is arrogant to force ones belief upon others simply because one's perception is that since it's good for them, therefore it must be good for everyone.

Drawing people to this site with the perception that it will bring new investors that want to buy copper bullion is flawed logic. What it will bring however is more people that will begin to sort.

If one wants to advertise what we do here, why not instead go ahead and post a article in your local newspaper. Explaining the virtues of sorting, collecting and selling Copper and Silver bullion. That way you could corner the market in your area.

Oh.

But wait a minute.

That would also bring more sorters, more pressure upon your local supply and dump banks, less and less percentage of return and ultimately the premature end of it being worthwhile to sort in your area.

But I'm pretty confident that you won't do that.

It's kinda like a landfill. We need them, but we just don't want them in our backyard.

Now do we ?

Instead ,try to think of it this way.

De-beers has gone out of its way to promote Diamonds as being rare therefore valuable. The reality though is that they are relatively common rocks found all over the world. However, they go out of their way to control the collecting, processing, promotion and distribution of those common rocks.

Seeing that their model has obviously worked, wouldn't it be prudent to follow a working model...? Why reinvent the wheel...?

But then again...

What do I know...

I'm just a Redneck.

>
Go to Top of Page

Kurr
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2906 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  08:51:48  Show Profile Send Kurr a Private Message
I agree. I am JUST starting to look at local offerings and literature.

The ONLY reasons is I have a long relationship with the banks now, and can boost my mechanical advantage to make it hard to compete against me, locally, if I have to.

How many would do that? Run the ads and articles in your local area? Set up shop locally?

I am going with flea market booth. I may draw the competition of s hsndsorter or two, but I can have and will continue to draw EVERY spare cent from both the small/medium size towns within 25 miles either direction. Takes 6-900.00 usually and I have standing orders on top.

In MY posistion, location, etc, if you get a "machine to sort" it will be hungry. The banks are fickle, and quick to say no around here, like I said I deal with ALL of them multiple times a week, and can dry up others supply, OR I WOULDN'T SELL LOCALLY.

What do most folks have more of right now? Money or time? Will they buy or sort?

The silver [is] mine, and the gold [is] mine, saith the LORD of hosts. Hag 2:8 [/b]
He created it. He controls it. He gave it to us for His use. Why did we turn from sound scriptural currency that PROTECTS us?

KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The book of The Hundreds: http://www.land.netonecom.net/tlp/ref/boh/bookOfTheHundreds_v4.1.pdf
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE_TWO_REPUBLICS.pdf
Good reading: http://ecclesia.org/truth/government.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears

Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  09:52:52  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
Redneck - you actually make some excellent points defending your point of view. I'm going to limit my reply to copper, as silver is a different situation. I have to still side with Jade that we need to develop the market to interest more buyers and convince them that copper is a good investment. If I felt that our drumming up interest was only stimulating the involvement of new sorters, then I would slow down my own writing. But I think, at least for the audience I write to, it makes more sense for those people to just buy someone else's sorts. In the long run, I feel that we might influence ten or perhaps twenty newbies to join. What will really drive prices is hyperinflation. It's coming.

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  09:58:52  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
Now, to side with Kurr and Redneck... I can understand the reluctance of old sorters who have a tough time with supply banks in welcoming more competition in their area, particularly if they're already having trouble feeding their machines. Ryedale's offer NO advantage over handsorting if you can't keep them fed. There is the danger of newbies endangering our supply banks with beginner's errors. However, how many visitors lurk and sort already, or are even unaware realcent exists? Isn't it better to forewarn a few newbies of pitfalls? So they don't have to learn the hard way and mess up our teller's attitudes?

Hoard now and hold on!

Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  10:06:39  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
Finally, this whole question - while heatedly debated - has facets of issues that make agreement unlikely. It brings up another related issue. Complacency. If you know you are sitting atop an undervalued niche market, then are you doing everything you can to maximize your own potential profit? Or are you sitting back and gloating about how smart we are by sorting, but procrastinating from doing more? I know the more I've considered the merits of copper myself, it has led to a direct decrease in the time I spend writing. I am now back to sorting several hours a day, time permitting, while we still have the opportunity. Once percentages dwindle, or you start getting skunked, it'll be too late to build a sizable hoard. Get your copper cents now while it's easy, before momentum destroys your present opportunity.

Hoard now and hold on!

Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  13:38:37  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
There are still local newspapers? I don't read them anymore. I'm going to say that people are unlikely to stumble across an article on copper unless something makes then go looking. If they are interested in pennies i want them here. We help newbies not make errors that mess up the market.

Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

cptindy
Penny Hoarding Member

572 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  18:23:53  Show Profile Send cptindy a Private Message
Being new to copper penny hoarding I have found this forum. I like everything that I have read here and have learned a few things since joining. I found this post especially interesting as I am preparing to buy a machine for sorting. I have been frequenting several banks in my area and have found some welcome me and others not so much.(One teller said "You won't find any here i am a silver hound") I have only been hand sorting a box a day and stopping in various banks looking for silver halves. I have a couple banks now holding coins for me which makes things easier for the silver.
My questions regard the pennies.
I noticed a few comments above about newbies not messing up the market. That would be the last thing I would wish to do. If someone would like to maybe give me some pointers as to the proper procedure other than what I assume which is be polite and discreet. I would be obliged.
I have been dumping my meager zincs at BOA only because I despise them and their fees! Also it is simple in that they give me the bags and deposit my money into my account in a day or so.
My plan was to scour the area looking for banks that welcome me and have happy employees. Then start bank accounts at the handful I choose. (This is where I am now) I am now thinking about making a leap to ordering large amounts from these banks to keep my machine running.
I have always been a fan of metal and money so I can't believe it has taken me this long to start collecting coins. Anyway I thought i would turn to you "Veterans" for the best procedure1
Thank You

"It is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting"

" The average man doesn't want to be free. He wants to be safe."

H.L. Mencken

http://silver-news-today.com/
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  20:14:02  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
Welcome cptindy. You are definitely on the right track. You have a good setup already. I just wish I could dump in bags-that would be sweet.

If it was not for this forum, coinflation and those members who went out an pioneered the eBay market, there would be no market today to enjoy. Copper penny bullion is still fringe. We need to mainstream it like junk silver (as mainstream as that is anyway) then we can really cash in.

I also believe that every thinking person should have a chance to invest in some hard money. We are all going to experience inflation and the ones with some hard money stashed away will fair much better. Sure we will get more sorters, but we also get more buyers. There are enough pennies to go around guys.

For those of you that think the social fabric will break down - would you not rather have additional people educated and prepared then banging down your door?

Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  20:20:02  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
Maybe 1 out of 100 who read your blog will join realcent. Out of them, maybe 1 out of 100 will hoard over $100 of copper pennies. Thanks for your kind plug of realcent. I don't worry about too many new people coming on board. They have as much right to any copper pennies and/or silver coins still out in circulation as the rest of us do. Realcent (the founder) wouldn't have even started these fourms if he didn't want to share its knowldge with the world.

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

johnbrickner
Penny Pincher Member

154 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  23:53:38  Show Profile Send johnbrickner a Private Message
Simple supply and demand would dominate this discussion. The less in circuation the more valuable they become. With less in circulation, the more people would notice and recognize their value. This starts a viscous circle of increasing demand.

We want this, it makes our take more valuable. The sooner none are in circulation, the better. Horde the Cu while you can. If you horde enough, you can be a future dealer in Cu bags as silver are now. When do you want to be the Cu king in your local area? Make the future now. Deplete the Cu reserves in circulation.

"I Killed the Bank" from the tombstone of Andrew Jackson
Go to Top of Page

NDFARMER
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1197 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  08:36:04  Show Profile Send NDFARMER a Private Message
I agree with you John. The sooner the copper disappears from circulation the better. When you only find 4 - 5 coppers in $25.00 worth of pennies like now when you find 4 - 5 wheats in a box of pennies then our hoard will go up 5 - 6 times in value.

COPPER - the "poormans" precious metal!!!

SELLING - $100.00 face copper shipped to you for $189.00 machine rolled or bagged - PM me if your interested.
Go to Top of Page

tunylune

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  23:54:42  Show Profile Send tunylune a Private Message
Be a good neighbor and teach anyone that will listen. You are not only helping to reinforce people's saving habits but implanting the idea that real money has intrinsic value in a hard metal. When enough people realize that paper money holds no value they will press their Representatives to change from a fiat currency to one that will retain real value. Slowly through education that is not taught in schools we can begin to fundamentally change our monetary system for the better. Remember if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. I believe this web site to be at the forefront of a positive social solution to the central bank problem that is plaguing our Republic. Changing America one penny at a time. Mark

When the People fear the Government there is tyranny. When the Government fears the People there is Freedom. Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2