Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Obtaining large quantities of coins
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2006 :  11:26:41  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Any suggestions for obtaining & disposing of large quantities (e.g. 1,000,000+) of pennies repeatedly on a regular basis?

realcent
Forum Admin

USA
246 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2006 :  13:21:17  Show Profile Send realcent a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by sndchaser

Any suggestions for obtaining & disposing of large quantities (e.g. 1,000,000+) of pennies repeatedly on a regular basis?

I have never dealt with those quantities, but were I to try I think I would stop by my local bank and ask for the name and phone number of their contact at the Brinks office. They bring the coins and cash to the bank already in rolls, and pick up the loose change from the coin counter machines.

I would then call Brinks and find out about the cost and procedure of setting up a pick up and drop off schedule for wherever I had the coins.

I don't know if Brinks would do a residential pickup, or if that would be a good idea security-wise. (I wouldn't want my neighbors to see a Brinks truck stopping at my house every week) Maybe meet them at a local bank where they would be going anyway?

Oh, and welcome to the boards!

RealCent
-----------
For more copper cent hoarding information check out:
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2006 :  15:10:17  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
Brinks or maybe Wells Fargo. I can't see them wanting to hand money over to you in the bank's parking lot though. If you were buying in that much of a bulk, I would think they could deliver to you in unrolled and in bags.

n/a
deleted

42 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2006 :  16:38:05  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Defiantly something that may even need some kind of license or a tax number at the least, something. Any time amounts close to 10k get exchanged it will get watched.(someone files a Form 8300 I think) And any time smaller amounts get exchanged on a frequent or related too manner (structuring I believe) it also is tracked. A one to one with a big bank bigwig is in order for an endeavor like that. A CPA and a heavy duty dolly would be nice also.
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2006 :  19:03:01  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
Working with a banker would help if you could show him that you can make money off the pennies (cents ) and would deposit it in th bank. That is of course he or she does not steal your idea first.

Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2