Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 Canadian Nickels
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davycoppit
Penny Pincher Member

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  17:57:54  Show Profile Send davycoppit a Private Message
Has anbody in the states had any luck finding canadian nickels for face value? I usualy find one in about 100 dollers worth of nickels. Can banks order canadian nickels? Has anybody had luck at coin shops?

david

n/a
deleted

37 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  08:21:02  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Not yet. I went to a few banks here in the US, but none would order them for me.
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  09:10:43  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
How do you expect U.S. Banks to get ahold of Canadian nickels? The closer Americans live to Canada the more likely they are to pick up Canadian coinage in their change. Here in notheast Ohio we don't think too much about getting Canadian coinage in our change. Once when I was down south, and without thinking, I tried to use a Canadian quarter. The clerk almost called the cops!

I don't sort my nickels, but the other day I noticed a .999 Canadian nickel at the end of a roll. I could pick up boxes of Canadian nickels up in Canada if I really wanted too. I would rather just buy sorted .999 nickels off of someone at this site though.

For good times to come or bad times to come, now is the time to save your copper or nickel coins.
Go to Top of Page

Canadian_Nickle
Penny Hoarding Member

Canada
938 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  13:55:28  Show Profile Send Canadian_Nickle a Private Message
A buddy of mine has a box for sale through me right now - check the buy/sell forum.

HoardCode0.1: M28/5CAON:CA5Ni35000:CA1Cu1200:CA100Ag345:
CA10Ag250:CA50Ag100:CA25Ag30:CA500Ag48:US100Ag20:CA1000Ag16

How to read a HoardCode:
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2