Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 My to-date greatest find
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Corsair
Penny Hoarding Member

811 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  17:07:07  Show Profile  Send Corsair a Yahoo! Message Send Corsair a Private Message
No, it wasn't the IH a few months ago. Wasn't even the 200+ Wheat streak I hit in a batch of $50. Not the Steelie either. What was it that I ran across today? A plastic penny. Yes. One with the little scribble of Lincoln and "COPY" on the back (as if it isn't obvious already). I was originally going to go back to my bank and demand a 1 cent refund, but I re-counted the coins in the roll, and there were fifty, and then the plastic. So I didn't get taken at all. In fact, I got a free plastic cent.

So long, Realcent 1. Come visit us at Realcent.org!

PreservingThePast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1572 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  19:42:13  Show Profile Send PreservingThePast a Private Message
Welcome to the club, Corsair. I have had a couple of those and the first time it really upset me, especially when it shorted the roll. But, with time I have come to realize that with the bad, comes the good. And, quite truthfully, one cent for about 10 - 15 minutes of sorting that roll is cheap enough entertainment for me.

Enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  10:16:39  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
I have a couple of plastic ones. Free is free right? Good deal.

Deal

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  23:06:03  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
Never found a plastic one here

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

PennehChaos.
Penny Collector Member

USA
269 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  11:00:03  Show Profile Send PennehChaos. a Private Message
I got one of those too, but since it was from the same convenience store that regularly gives me 2-3 dimes in $10 in penny rolls, i really can't complain. Eyeglasses, they needs them.

You've gotta be pretty &(^$@#)% poor to be passing counterfeit pennies!!

Considering Verizon Business service? Perhaps you'd like to consider a nice drain cleaner enema instead?
Go to Top of Page

wolvesdad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  12:33:12  Show Profile Send wolvesdad a Private Message
I have 5-10 of them. 3 or so from one batch.

Not poor to pass them, just unscrupulous.

"May your percentages ever increase!"
Go to Top of Page

TXTim
Penny Hoarding Member

629 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  17:40:58  Show Profile Send TXTim a Private Message
I have a pile of plastic pennies, dimes, nickels and quarters- who makes those things and what for?

Beer is my currency.
Go to Top of Page

PreservingThePast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1572 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  20:40:17  Show Profile Send PreservingThePast a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by TXTim

I have a pile of plastic pennies, dimes, nickels and quarters- who makes those things and what for?

They are made for educational/teaching purposes for elementary aged children and/or for play for same age children.
Go to Top of Page

chris6084
Penny Collector Member

303 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  01:38:38  Show Profile Send chris6084 a Private Message
I have had 2 plastic cents so far. I just re-roll them and they are back to the bank.
Go to Top of Page

knibloe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1066 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  17:16:38  Show Profile Send knibloe a Private Message
I got two plastic cents. The first was when my 10 year old and I were hand sorting. We got a real good laugh out of it. He likes getting them because they are different.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2