Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 interesting idea to get rid of pennies easily
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

22 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  17:06:11  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Well, I had about 6000 zinc's and wanted to get rid of them. I figgured i'd be lazy and try coinstar with the amazon gc.

So i load them in and at just over $40, the machine jams. Employee comes over and enters key to reset machine. The reciept prints out for cash with the fee. I explain to the employee how this is unacceptable and how I want either the amazon gc with no fee, or cash with no fee. He goes to manager and I get cash with no fee.

Someone mentined that it happens alot.

So, my thinking is this. Wait for about 200-300$ in pennies (maybe more to play it safe). Then go and load them all into the coinstar and wait for it to either jam or fill up. At that point, you get cash with no fee :)

And worse case senario is you get an amazon gc with no fee.

realcent
Forum Admin

USA
246 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  17:58:27  Show Profile Send realcent a Private Message
I didn't know that if you take a gift card you don't have to pay a fee. I guess amazon pays them something for this. If I didn't have a free coin counter at my local bank I would consider doing that because I buy alot of books anyway.

RealCent
-----------
For more copper cent hoarding information check out:
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

115 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  18:42:45  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
I am glad that my bank takes them without charging me anything. And they know that I get them somewhere else.

A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain. --- Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page

ImperialFleet
Penny Pincher Member

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  18:39:28  Show Profile Send ImperialFleet a Private Message
I got lucky and found out that my bank prefers us to turn in our coin loose, and they don't charge us a fee either. The head teller even said she would order us all of the coins we want if we gave her a 7 day warning. 7 Days is a bit excessive, but if she's willing to order several boxes of pennies a month, I'm certainly willing to give her a 7 day warning.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2