Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Related Topics, Learning and Information
 Guides/Articles/Blogs Written By Realcent Members
 Unsearch Coins on Ebay - Avoid Ripoffs
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  11:23:38  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
You must be logged in to see this link.

I found this interesting and fair article. When I got to the end I saw the writer recommends a few sellers. I recognized one of them as someone who posts here a bit.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog

Edited by - Frugi on 05/02/2009 22:01:07

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  12:20:53  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
And yet when you check, that seller doesn't have a single penny up for auction.. either unsearched or searched. Could it be the high ebay and PayPal fees, or do you think he is just hoarding them all for himself?

Very well written article about what to expect or not to expect in eBay auctions. Wish all buyers would read it so they wouldn't have unrealistic expectations.. even for truly "unsearched" lots.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

NDFARMER
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1197 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  16:09:06  Show Profile Send NDFARMER a Private Message
There is no such thing as "UNSEARCHED". Just the fact that they have been taken out of circulation means they have been searched. You can't tell me if you find a 14D or an 09S VDB that you are going to throw it in the pail with all the common date coins you have found. It is just human nature that if you do come across a bunch wheats that may actually be unsearched from an estate or from family that you are going to look through them before you put them up for sale. But the way the Ebay world works is that to get any kind of a good price for your pennies you must say "unsearched" and come up with a real good story as to how you acquired the pennies. The better the story the higher your pennies will sell for. But as long as people keep falling for this, it is going to continue. I have found better date pennies out of circulation than I have out of any of the "UNSEARCHED" bags I have purchased.

COPPER - the "poormans" precious metal!!!

SELLING - $100.00 face copper shipped to you for $189.00 machine rolled or bagged - PM me if your interested.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

146 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  16:24:21  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
I avoid eBay unless the seller/auctioneer is a Web front for a physical coin store I can research and verify exists.

THE Red Blade
Accept No Substitutions!

Save the trees.
Use REAL Money!
Go to Top of Page

scooter
Penny Pincher Member

240 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  16:21:49  Show Profile Send scooter a Private Message
its good to verify but i have found better deals are not usually from coin dealers.
Go to Top of Page

coinauctionshelp
Penny Sorter Member

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  21:53:00  Show Profile Send coinauctionshelp a Private Message
I'm the author of this article and own and operate coinauctionshelp.com, and I appreciate that some felt this article beneficial.

I would like to add that my article covers a lot of ground, but in no way did I foresee every possibility. Furthermore, the best unsearched coin finds are found by accident. Usually a person finds a coffee can or a mason jar full of coins buried on their property or in a house they purchased.

I do know that some good dates can be found in some dealers unsearched bins and in some rolls from banks, but most ebay unsearched lots are nothing more than a lottery. I hope I made this clear enough in my article.

If anyone can think of any suggestions to improve this article, let me know. My mission is to help coin collectors and prevent them from getting ripped off. Again, thanks for recommending my article.

http://coinauctionshelp.com/index.html
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2008 :  04:42:52  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
Thanks for joining us coinauctionshelp. There are actually a number of good articles on your site. If its ok, I'd like to link to your site in our links area. Perhaps we can help you out with an article on the wonders of copper pennies and Canadian nickel nickels as an inflation/deflation hedge.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

kieblera5
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
859 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2008 :  12:45:46  Show Profile  Send kieblera5 an AOL message Send kieblera5 a Private Message
But you have to love the stories that they come up with. You know the "Old farmer living on an old run-down farm sitting on THOUSANDS of FACE VALUE silver coins. All of which happen to be AU/BU and they are in giant metal barrels that no one can lift." Oh, and I forgot... He started hoarding in the Depression era.

Democracy is being allowed to vote for the candidate you dislike least.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you mercilessly with experience.

Caller number seven gets the Peace Prize!

Get coding tips, tricks, and more at: http://codingmonday.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2008 :  21:40:12  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
I thought it was a great article coinauctionshelp. And not just because my ebay seller name "slotdragracer" was listed as a good seller of unsearched pennies. I wish more buyers would read your article. It is amazing what some buyers' unrealistic expectations are. If they don't find a key or semi-key coin in the lot they send the seller nasty emails or leave him a negative. You will certainly see more of these negs now that eBay has unleveled the playing field.

I have sold a lot of pennies on there over the last 8 or 9 years and buyers have been generally pleased; as evidenced by good feedback and repeat customers. I even had one guy find a 1909-S VDB once, amongst other decent coins. But only one of those was found out of over 300 bags of wheats I sold on there, so I certainly wasn't going to search that many bags.. I would have never expected one to be in there. I was happy for the guy that found it, since he was a repeat customer. Occasionally we all get a buyer that feels they got ripped off because they did not find what they had hoped would be in a batch of "unsearched" coins. Their vitriolic emails can be a real downer for a seller. It is impossible to please everybody. And with eBay's new feedback rules and the increased fees it makes a guy not even want to sell there anymore.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2008 :  23:42:13  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
lol I got a 32-s quarter from a roll of 90% scrap.AND it was off of here!!!!!!!!!!!<--- never told before

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

coinauctionshelp
Penny Sorter Member

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2008 :  17:31:09  Show Profile Send coinauctionshelp a Private Message
I'm always interested in new material, suggestions or recommended ebay sellers. I would like to make a page for each of the best and most reliable ebay sellers. If anyone would like a page added to my site then let me know.

I appreciate all the positive comments on my site. I have worked hard and put this all together in less than two years. I hope it educates a lot of people, and helps prevent some ebay scam.

Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  02:22:03  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
This is a very generous offer I just noticed. ^^^^^^ Who wants an eBay page recommending them?

Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

pennybullion
Penny Pincher Member

243 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  13:37:35  Show Profile Send pennybullion a Private Message
Umm...I would love to have an ebay page recommending me, pennybullion. I only have a feedback rating of 91, but all come from copper pennies, with 100% satisfaction. I am also about to post 100 or so auctions for various dated wheats & indians found while sorting for copper, so hopefully that will help out. Let me know if I qualify for a recommendation, and I will be happy to return the favor some how!

www.pennybullion.com
Go to Top of Page

coinauctionshelp
Penny Sorter Member

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2009 :  20:07:56  Show Profile Send coinauctionshelp a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by pennybullion

Umm...I would love to have an ebay page recommending me, pennybullion. I only have a feedback rating of 91, but all come from copper pennies, with 100% satisfaction. I am also about to post 100 or so auctions for various dated wheats & indians found while sorting for copper, so hopefully that will help out. Let me know if I qualify for a recommendation, and I will be happy to return the favor some how!

If you maintain 100% feedback selling unsearched coins then you qualify. I will add you ebay auctions to this article. People need to know where to get good deals.

Go to Top of Page

mikishman

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  08:40:31  Show Profile Send mikishman a Private Message
Thanks very helpfull article
Go to Top of Page

Bart
Penny Pincher Member

Canada
120 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  19:03:56  Show Profile Send Bart a Private Message

Hey Jade - Great reading. Thanks for the link.

Coinauctionhelp - Great article. Thank you for the usefull information. Ebay can be a tough site for anyone buying anything. I know that thee are some excellent sellers on the site, but sometimes its very hard to find one. Good work!

Happy hunting all!

Nice. Yes. Very nice.
Go to Top of Page

mauk13r
Penny Sorter Member

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2010 :  11:27:05  Show Profile Send mauk13r a Private Message
Great article. I have resisted the tempation to buy unsearches coins and now more than ever I think I will stay away.
Go to Top of Page

Numis Pam
Penny Sorter Member

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2010 :  04:07:28  Show Profile Send Numis Pam a Private Message
I am doing some late night reading here since I can't sleep. These articals are very helpful. I have searched his website for the free pages of ebay sellers that he offered in this thread, but I could not find them. Did he change his mind and not do them? Or did I just somehow over look them?

http://www.extrabux.com/r/4c6f54ba32 1% -27% cash back on purchases. Plus Refer Friends and Get $5 to Spend at Ebay or any of hundreds of participating online stores.
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  19:39:47  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Many of the sellers from back then no longer offer anything for sale on eBay. The increase in fees and change of rules on eBay make it unattractive to sell there.

I am actually thinking of selling another bag of unsearched wheat cents in the auction here. The last one I sold to Market Harmony had several goodies in it, including a 1909-S. Glad they went to a good home.

Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  10:43:07  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HoardCopperByTheTon

Many of the sellers from back then no longer offer anything for sale on eBay. The increase in fees and change of rules on eBay make it unattractive to sell there.

I am actually thinking of selling another bag of unsearched wheat cents in the auction here. The last one I sold to Market Harmony had several goodies in it, including a 1909-S. Glad they went to a good home.

Chuck, let us know if you do... Michael says the last one had some fairly nice dates in it

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

carterandsabina

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2010 :  19:57:40  Show Profile Send carterandsabina a Private Message
great article. I am always looking for an alternative to ebay, especailly with the new fees. If anyone knows anyplace please let us know.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2