Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Feds cracking down on melting coins
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

9 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  19:32:18  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
If TSHTF I cant imagine copper being worth anything.
Gold silver and ammo yes but not copper.
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  20:39:55  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Scrap

If TSHTF I cant imagine copper being worth anything.
Gold silver and ammo yes but not copper.

If you research on google or search here for posts at this site, you will find that copper has been considered money as long or perhaps even longer than gold and silver. I don't see why that should change in a SHTF situation in which a system of money (not barter only) system is still in effect.

Edited by - Ardent Listener on 01/01/2007 20:43:10
Go to Top of Page

pencilvanian
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2209 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  23:17:27  Show Profile Send pencilvanian a Private Message
Copper pipes to make your own still for your own alcohol is one use for copper.

In a post WTSHTF world copper will be useful the same way nickel is now, if not for trade and money, than for useful things around the house and farm.
Go to Top of Page

just carl
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  07:37:11  Show Profile Send just carl a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Canadian_Nickle

If it's a law, who's going to enforce it? The mint police?

AHHH! Yes, the Mint Police. This is just another silly item. OUR US postal service has a box that you can put anything in and pay a flat fee to send anywhere on Earth. You can put probably 30 or 40 pounds of coins in the thing, pay $8.20, I think, and send it to Mexico. I don't know anyone there, but I could do this if I wanted to send coins somewhere. Does anyone think the Post Office Police X-ray the thing? Will the Mint Police have an agent at all Post Offices? How about the UPS Police, FED X Police, DHL Police? Do they X-ray all the packages? As for melting coins in your back yard. Is there Back Yard Police? Once metal is melted there is no way on Earth to idenify it as being previously a coin. Or are there Melting Police? As already noted we have lots and lots of laws against murder, robbery, rape, etc. and yet this goes on and on and on. So just who is going ot stop melting of coins?

Carl
Go to Top of Page

pencilvanian
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2209 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  13:45:10  Show Profile Send pencilvanian a Private Message
Well put, Carl.

I just remembered, penny elongating machines turn cents into keepsakes.
Are elongating machines to be outlawed too?

Laws are like locked doors, they are not an effective deterrent if the windows can be opened from the outside.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

9 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  19:48:14  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Of course it would be worth something but If the sh!t hits the fan alot of the products that use copper are electronic and I doubt that their would be much of a demand.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2